LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sspiker:
Originally posted by jreff22:
And? We drafted Jenkins and James on the lack of speed argument. Moving the ball better on offense is still a priority and when both top picks aren't even active something is wrong IMO. And the "we are just that deep" argument is retarded. We had Ginn and Jacobs out for weeks and neither guy saw the field. We aren't that deep, they just aren't that good right now.

You can't just take the reason why your argument makes no sense and call it 'retarded' without offering an argument against it.

Kids drafted in the 1st and usually the 2nd are blue chip players, they should be on the filed or at least dressed for emergency reasons. All last year everybody pointed out how we had 0 speed. We go out and draft 2 speed guys and dont use them. We aren't a rock solid team from top to bottom. Gore and Hunter are fine after that its a wash. Crabs and Ham are fine after that its a wash. The fact that Dixon was expected to be released and wasn't, and now dresses over a 2nd round pick is not welcoming. RB is usually a easy transition into the NFL, Hunter was fine and was a 4th rnd pick.....Miller transitioned from defense and damn near made the probowl. Our backup QB gets the ball more than our 2nd rnd RB.......not impressed.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
LMJ has to hit the weight room, learn to secure the football, catch out the backfield, block in the backfield, field punts or kickoffs, find a spot on special teams, and adjust to the NFL game. He joined the offseason late and is behind the curve somewhat but he should be learning from Gore and Hunter on how to be a pro, then he might earn his way on the field. Personally, I would not retweet those messages and not buy all those cars, but he does not have a father in his life it seems, so he is influenced by the ignorance he grew up around in some ways. It is to be expected, but I hope he gets it and becomes a productive player for us. And for the comments about how we drafted a 5th string back in the 2nd round, well it happens. No draft can be perfect, and a lot of teams have backs starting that would sit behind Gore and Hunter. What a luxury we have and I hope LMJ understands that eventually

pretty sure he should know most if not all of that

if he was pegged being the next Sproles, catching and securing the ball shouldn't be an issue
Clearly LaMichael James should replace Alex Smith.

Also, we drafted Jenkins and James because Baalke and Harbaugh felt that they were the best players available to have on the team, for this year and for the future. Given some of the players at those positions, who are on one-year contracts or old or both, that's a great thing for a team to have.

There's no rule that says your #1 pick has to produce immediately in order for them to be worth having on the roster.

Same reason Aaron Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre
LMJ has to hit the weight room, learn to secure the football, catch out the backfield, block in the backfield, field punts or kickoffs, find a spot on special teams, and adjust to the NFL game. He joined the offseason late and is behind the curve somewhat but he should be learning from Gore and Hunter on how to be a pro, then he might earn his way on the field. Personally, I would not retweet those messages and not buy all those cars, but he does not have a father in his life it seems, so he is influenced by the ignorance he grew up around in some ways. It is to be expected, but I hope he gets it and becomes a productive player for us. And for the comments about how we drafted a 5th string back in the 2nd round, well it happens. No draft can be perfect, and a lot of teams have backs starting that would sit behind Gore and Hunter. What a luxury we have and I hope LMJ understands that eventually

pretty sure he should know most if not all of that

if he was pegged being the next Sproles, catching and securing the ball shouldn't be an issue

He did not impress me much in those areas during the preseason but I am holding out hope that he improves this year. This is the NFL and it sometimes takes track stars some time to get used to not being the only 4.3 guy on the field and at any position. Look at Reggie Bush now, quite the different back than when he was in NOLA
Last year some of us thought we busted on Kaep and now some of us want him to start when we should have been expecting to develop Kaep. I am of the same opinion of AJ and LMJ, they need development if they are going to unseat our veteran players.
Last year some of us thought we busted on Kaep and now some of us want him to start when we should have been expecting to develop Kaep. I am of the same opinion of AJ and LMJ, they need development if they are going to unseat our veteran players.

Kap was going to be a multi year project and QB's tend to take more time. All LMJ needed to do what beat out Dixon the past 4 weeks.

Kap was going to be a multi year project and QB's tend to take more time. All LMJ needed to do what beat out Dixon the past 4 weeks.

That is why I said he needs to get his special teams on if he is to see the field this season. Who knows, he just might and god forbid we have an injury that puts him out there. We just need to keep watching and hoping
People whining about James retweeting people wanting him to play is pretty damn dumb if you ask me. You don't know the dude so stop acting like you know how he feels. I have yet to see one tweet from him about this team in a negative way. Sure he retweets people saying they want to see him play. How do you know he's not doing that because he thinks it's awesome that they want to see it? Every player in the NFL wants to see the field, i'm not going to be down on a guy for wanting playing time.

That is why I said he needs to get his special teams on if he is to see the field this season. Who knows, he just might and god forbid we have an injury that puts him out there. We just need to keep watching and hoping
I dont care about him on ST, that's Ginn's job right now. He needs to be the better running back first.

And? We drafted Jenkins and James on the lack of speed argument. Moving the ball better on offense is still a priority and when both top picks aren't even active something is wrong IMO. And the "we are just that deep" argument is retarded. We had Ginn and Jacobs out for weeks and neither guy saw the field. We aren't that deep, they just aren't that good right now.

You can't just take the reason why your argument makes no sense and call it 'retarded' without offering an argument against it.

Kids drafted in the 1st and usually the 2nd are blue chip players, they should be on the filed or at least dressed for emergency reasons. All last year everybody pointed out how we had 0 speed. We go out and draft 2 speed guys and dont use them. We aren't a rock solid team from top to bottom. Gore and Hunter are fine after that its a wash. Crabs and Ham are fine after that its a wash. The fact that Dixon was expected to be released and wasn't, and now dresses over a 2nd round pick is not welcoming. RB is usually a easy transition into the NFL, Hunter was fine and was a 4th rnd pick.....Miller transitioned from defense and damn near made the probowl. Our backup QB gets the ball more than our 2nd rnd RB.......not impressed.

Your thought process is stuck in 06-10, just because we drafted them with high picks doesn't mean that should start right away.....Aldon Smith anyone???
Originally posted by Slash49:

Your thought process is stuck in 06-10, just because we drafted them with high picks doesn't mean that should start right away.....Aldon Smith anyone???

Didn't say start, I said play and at least dress. Aldon was dressed and played.

Didn't say start, I said play and at least dress. Aldon was dressed and played
Aldon was the 2nd olb behind haralson course he was gonna get playing time plus our pass rush in prior years was weak so we had to use him, James is behind Frank, Hunter and Jacobs he won't sniff the field unless one guy goes down....god forbid

Didn't say start, I said play and at least dress. Aldon was dressed and played
Aldon was the 2nd olb behind haralson course he was gonna get playing time plus our pass rush in prior years was weak so we had to use him, James is behind Frank, Hunter and Jacobs he won't sniff the field unless one guy goes down....god forbid
Jacobs was down for a month

You realize that 4th string players have to be able to play on kick and punt coverage teams correct? He's 195 pounds, we've got enough guys at his size with more experience playing kick and punt coverage dressing on game days. Harbaugh is all about dressing the guys who will help the team TODAY. James time will come but most likely not till next year
Share 49ersWebzone