There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
He's had something like 4.8 ypc in two games. What more do you want from him?

Well I'm just to seeing the guy from Oregon breaking 30, 40, 50 yard runs. And I'm just not seeing it right now. I expected more speed and explosion. Maybe he just needs more time to get comfortable. It's very early for him still.

5.8 muahah kidding even if we win the superbowl will find something to b***h about
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Well I'm just to seeing the guy from Oregon breaking 30, 40, 50 yard runs. And I'm just not seeing it right now. I expected more speed and explosion. Maybe he just needs more time to get comfortable. It's very early for him still.

Well I dont think he's even had 15 carries yet. The break offs for big yardage will come. Every speed back has to adjust to the speed at the nfl level
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Well I dont think he's even had 15 carries yet. The break offs for big yardage will come. Every speed back has to adjust to the speed at the nfl level

Well I hope so. I just want to see a few big ones in the preseason. He also may be thinking too much like young players do. Which slows down the play and his cuts and explosiveness. It should come with time.
  • kush
  • Veteran
LMJ23 is about to shut up Matt Maiocco and all the other haters.
Originally posted by kush:
LMJ23 is about to shut up Matt Maiocco and all the other haters.

I hope so but Im less excited about him now then I was when we drafted him.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Same , but he's still averaging 4.5 yards a carry on 8 carries so it's not like he's been bad, I just was so damn stoked about him it's disappointing. And I just love when the beat writers are wrong, so I thought I'd throw up some good vibes for lamike and hope the first 3 games he was just getting comfy.
He's also been behind second string lineman and had the least amount of time in the playbook which can take even the hardest workers like VD half a season just to learn and be productive. You guys are expecting New Orleans Sproles right off the bat... San Diego Sproles took 2 years to become more than just a punt/kick returner. Give him time, once he figures out the offense he will be the human highlight reel we expect.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
He's also been behind second string lineman and had the least amount of time in the playbook which can take even the hardest workers like VD half a season just to learn and be productive. You guys are expecting New Orleans Sproles right off the bat... San Diego Sproles took 2 years to become more than just a punt/kick returner. Give him time, once he figures out the offense he will be the human highlight reel we expect.

thats a good call dude, way to keep it real.
Originally posted by susweel:

Same , but he's still averaging 4.5 yards a carry on 8 carries so it's not like he's been bad, I just was so damn stoked about him it's disappointing. And I just love when the beat writers are wrong, so I thought I'd throw up some good vibes for lamike and hope the first 3 games he was just getting comfy.

one lucky run doesn't mean jack. So he was able to rip of 11 yards on a huge hole. Big deal. I want to see him create something.
Originally posted by 5280High:

thats a good call dude, way to keep it real.

agreed!!!! he wont be a factor for at least one or two years....he was taken to be the future with Hunter....present time will be Gore/Hunter and a little Jocobs sprikled in

Sproles was a boss at Kansas St....went in what the 4th round did nothing in SD behind LT and Michael Turner...got his chance and was ready when called upon.

very good call on this one
Dexter Carter Jr.
never ever ever ever return punts
Looks like Baalke missed on this pick.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I think our official depth chart for next week will list Hunter or even Cully as the #2 PR guy lol.