There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Originally posted by nannite:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Ok, fair on the LMJ comment. However, I dont need to see much of Kap to realize he is not a pocket passer and takes far too many risks.....I see a guy that had success facing 2nd tier college competion by using his superior physical talent.

Well he hasn't had much time to work on that area of his game yet. They ran a pistol offense in college which had him passing on the run, outside the pocket, and scrambling. He can work on the areas he is not familiar with but it is nice to have a QB that can run when passing isn't an option. As far as risks go he actually doesn't take many I don't know where you are getting that notion.

Dude, where do you think he got the name Kaeperpick from? He almost had a pick last night, but the DB dropped it......He's a total gun slinger and is always trying to thread the needle.

Brett Favre turned himself into one of the top-5 quarterbacks in the league in the late 90's by being a 'total gun slinger and always trying to thread the needle'.

ya and the Bears made it to the superbowl because of Rex Grossman............
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
I expected him to be a little better maybe he needs to adjust to the NFL speed. Those moves he was trying to make might have worked in college but they didnt work against NFL players.

maiocco said that he thinks the niners are hiding LMJ, that they have a lot in store for him against GB. I dont know about that, we'll see

Green Bay will get rocked by LaMichael and the 49ers

He's going to be 'our' Sproles; the Saints game taught Harbaugh that he needed a tiny 'screen' weapon to tailor around his QB, seeing that Alex Smith's favorite throw tends to be the 'dump-off' pass. James is going to have a s**t ton of YAC this year.
I certainly don't remember hearing anything about how great he looks in camp. For the most part, I only read about Gore and Hunter. Not to mention I think he's play the 2nd and 3rd team D.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM ]
I certainly don't remember hearing anything about how great he looks in camp. For the most part, I only read about Gore and Hunter. Not to mention I think he's play the 2nd and 3rd team D.

Brooks called him The Truth, whatever that means. MRob called Wagner a baby willis.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Brooks called him The Truth, whatever that means. MRob called Wagner a baby willis.

I dont think it was Brooks. It was a scrub wasn't it?
Rock Cartwright > LMJ
Can't wait too see James and the 49ers live week 1 in Green Bay!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
He's going to be 'our' Sproles; the Saints game taught Harbaugh that he needed a tiny 'screen' weapon to tailor around his QB, seeing that Alex Smith's favorite throw tends to be the 'dump-off' pass. James is going to have a s**t ton of YAC this year.

Originally posted by tohara3:
Can't wait too see James and the 49ers live week 1 in Green Bay!

Suddenly a dump-off doesn't seems to be a give up play anymore with LaMichael, Hunter, Gore, and Jacobs
Suddenly a dump-off doesn't seems to be a give up play anymore with LaMichael, Hunter, Gore, and Jacobs

screens aren't considered "dump offs", it's a designed play, but i get what you're talking about. i wanted the niners last year to run middle screens to hunter a thousand more times than they did, hopefully they will this year.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

screens aren't considered "dump offs", it's a designed play, but i get what you're talking about. i wanted the niners last year to run middle screens to hunter a thousand more times than they did, hopefully they will this year.

That screen off the blitz against the Vikes was the best I've seen from Smith and the offense in a long time. Good stuff from Hunter, the Line, and Smith.

Makes me wonder if Harbaugh will give Smith and the offensive guys more reign in changing the play at the line when they see something coming...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM ]

Bowman def talked about how legit James was. Heard the interview.
First impression: achilles BUT he walked on it (unlike Julian Peterson). Fingers crossed!!!!
Yikes.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yikes.

No more depth.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yikes.

No more depth.
yup all gone now