LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Why is James forty time so slow? Dudes not even faster than Gore was coming out of college.

watch his videos...he plays much faster than his forty time indicates
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This pick also has me convinced that Alex Smith will be here for the full 3 years of his contract, we need to ensure Alex will have all the elite dump-off targets he can get to the best of his abilities.

The 49ers targeted RBjust 54 times last season, second-fewest in the NFL. Despite this, 49ers RBs dropped a league-high 9 passes
great pick, james is who I was asking for before we picked
Why is James forty time so slow? Dudes not even faster than Gore was coming out of college.

Unofficial 40 time at the combine was a 4.37 I believe. That's pretty fast in my book.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
I love it I love all this speed.

If susweel love it than it must be good....

I like play makers.

So you like Alex Smith then.....
great pick, james is who I was asking for before we picked
He will replace Gore in a couple yr. Similar size and running style but faster with a fresh body. I think the question is, how can we NOT utilize his abilities? Especially when Gore reaches the end of his career.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This pick also has me convinced that Alex Smith will be here for the full 3 years of his contract, we need to ensure Alex will have all the elite dump-off targets he can get to the best of his abilities.

The 49ers targeted RBjust 54 times last season, second-fewest in the NFL. Despite this, 49ers RBs dropped a league-high 9 passes

If anybody thinks he's gonna be running more than catching passes, they don't know James. -This guy will be Alex Smith's elite "back door exit" when s**t hits the fan due to us not being able to patch up RG properly.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Frank Gore: 40 Time: 4.65

LaMichael James: 40 Time: 4.45

Originally posted by matt49er:
I think the 49ers plan at RB is this:

Gore-starter/"work horse"
Hunter-change of pace-future starter (to split carries with James)
James-home run threat, James is also a nice receiver
Jacobs-power back

this spells doom to Dixon for sure and most likely Rock Cartwright.

I also think with the selection of Jenkins in round 1 and James in round 2. Ted Ginn Jr might be in trouble. Both Jenkins and James can return kicks and we now have 3 small WRs. Ginn may have 2 prove it at WR to make the roster, though I think he ultimately sticks.

Dixon is gone. Cartwright is a Special Teams guy, basically brought in to replace Costanzo.

Kyle Williams is gone. Ginn is a better and more experienced return guy than anyone we have.
I love this pick. Harbaugh is making our offense so much faster and explosive.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Frank Gore: 40 Time: 4.65

LaMichael James: 40 Time: 4.45
And if you watch the tapes of James he's does play faster on the field. His pads don't appear to slow him down unlike some "faster" players.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
this means the end of Anthony Dixon!...... just like WR, we are now somewhat crowded at RB love the pick though
We got some homerun threats and alot of weapons now. True to the word of drafting BPA. Now time to fill needs like guard/safety/DL
Share 49ersWebzone