There are 229 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
this means the end of Anthony Dixon!...... just like WR, we are now somewhat crowded at RB love the pick though

the benefit of being loaded with talent.
Another surprising pick but I'm so damn excited to see this offense!!!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This pick also has me convinced that Alex Smith will be here for the full 3 years of his contract, we need to ensure Alex will have all the elite dump-off targets he can get to the best of his abilities.

The 49ers targeted RBjust 54 times last season, second-fewest in the NFL. Despite this, 49ers RBs dropped a league-high 9 passes

If anybody thinks he's gonna be running more than catching passes, they don't know James. -This guy will be Alex Smith's elite "back door exit" when s**t hits the fan due to us not being able to patch up RG properly.

sorry i wasnt clear thats the point im making harbaugh wants to see the RB more involved in the passing game hence this pick
i love this pick!!
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by matt49er:
I think the 49ers plan at RB is this:

Gore-starter/"work horse"
Hunter-change of pace-future starter (to split carries with James)
James-home run threat, James is also a nice receiver
Jacobs-power back

this spells doom to Dixon for sure and most likely Rock Cartwright.

I also think with the selection of Jenkins in round 1 and James in round 2. Ted Ginn Jr might be in trouble. Both Jenkins and James can return kicks and we now have 3 small WRs. Ginn may have 2 prove it at WR to make the roster, though I think he ultimately sticks.

Dixon is gone. Cartwright is a Special Teams guy, basically brought in to replace Costanzo.

Kyle Williams is gone. Ginn is a better and more experienced return guy than anyone we have.

I think we keep 6 backs, and all active on gamedays, Gore, Miller, James, Hunter, Jacobs and Cartwright.

Jacobs-power back

I also think with the selection of Jenkins in round 1 and James in round 2. Ted Ginn Jr might be in trouble. Both Jenkins and James can return kicks and we now have 3 small WRs. Ginn may have 2 prove it at WR to make the roster, though I think he ultimately sticks.

Dixon is gone. Cartwright is a Special Teams guy, basically brought in to replace Costanzo.

Kyle Williams is gone. Ginn is a better and more experienced return guy than anyone we have.

I think we keep 6 backs, and all active on gamedays, Gore, Miller, James, Hunter, Jacobs and Cartwright.
i love the pick
Why are there so many differences on speed with this guy? The combine says 4.40. The front paqe of WZ says 4.58.... I've seen draft books say 4.37.

That's a lot of difference. Which is it? He looks fast on tape and in games no doubt.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why are there so many differences on speed with this guy? The combine says 4.40. The front paqe of WZ says 4.58.... I've seen draft books say 4.37.

That's a lot of difference. Which is it? He looks fast on tape and in games no doubt.
All that matters to me. Throw the 40's out the window.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Jacobs-power back

Really six? that's a lot of RBs! we only kept 4 last year, what position do we cut from then? doesn't look like it's possible at WR with Moss, Manningham, Crabs, Ginn, Jenkins.

I'm all about speed
Really six? that's a lot of RBs! we only kept 4 last year, what position do we cut from then? doesn't look like it's possible at WR with Moss, Manningham, Crabs, Ginn, Jenkins.

Moss isnt' a lock for making the team. His contract is really just a tryout.
Love the logic behind our draft right now actually. It appears to me that Baalke is actually approaching our offensive woes much like we approach recruitment. You recruit( or in this case draft,) as many talented players as you can, and see who wins out. Create such a logjam of talent for jobs that you turn a position of weakness into a position of strength. I would not be surprised to see us draft another Wr in this draft along with a OG (competition for Kilgore, Pearson, and Boone). Really like the way things are headed for our offense atm, we could be much much more explosive this season then I expected after last year.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

All that matters to me. Throw the 40's out the window.

He looks very game fast to me. I would lean towards 4.37 - 4.40 personally. That's how he looks to me. He definately see him pulling away on the field. I have no idea where the front page of the WZ got 4.58?... That's not the combine #. Where did they get that?
Holy f**king titty f**k I'm losing my mind right now

Share 49ersWebzone