LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Can't wait to see Harbaugh get creative with him. A real playmaker. I think Kendall Hunter may be on the way out. The RB competition in camp is going to be fun to watch

Hunter isn't going anywhere, Gore is the one who's days are numbered.

I agree. This coming year might be Gore's last good year. Heck, last year might have been Gore's last good year. He's got only a little bit left in the tank.
Hunter + James = Screens Alll day baby!! aha
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Wow!

So are we going to carry four runningbacks this season?

Frank Gore, the Workhorse
Kendall Hunter, the Change-of-Pace
Anthony Dixon OR Brandon Jacobs, the Power
LaMichael James, the Homerun Threat

Can he return punts as well?

I see. We now have two off-tackle RB's with speed and home run threats BUT I thought Hunter would be the perfect Sproles-like player for us. Is he to take over Gore's spot in a year or two?
Originally posted by NinerGod:
BOOM! Love this pick!

So fast. I love it. We've needed super speed on offense for years.
Hunter isn't going anyplace. Hunter isn't a change of pace fast bak like James is. In 2 years these two will be our guys and they will compliment one another very well like Carolinas system

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Hunter isn't going anyplace. Hunter isn't a change of pace fast bak like James is. In 2 years these two will be our guys and they will compliment one another very well like Carolinas system

I think you could be right. But replace two years with one year.

Love it, works for me.

And based on last years 61st pick, Jonas Mouton deal, James will sign a 4yr deal worth around $2.974M, with $874K in Signing Bonus, and a 1st year salary of $608K
Imagine if Kaep pans out. With James, Hunter, and Jenkins, our offense could be ridiculously explosive.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Apr 27, 2012 at 6:42 PM ]

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Screens! Speed!
I think the 49ers plan at RB is this:

Gore-starter/"work horse"
Hunter-change of pace-future starter (to split carries with James)
James-home run threat, James is also a nice receiver
Jacobs-power back

this spells doom to Dixon for sure and most likely Rock Cartwright.

I also think with the selection of Jenkins in round 1 and James in round 2. Ted Ginn Jr might be in trouble. Both Jenkins and James can return kicks and we now have 3 small WRs. Ginn may have 2 prove it at WR to make the roster, though I think he ultimately sticks.
Why is James forty time so slow? Dudes not even faster than Gore was coming out of college.
This pick also has me convinced that Alex Smith will be here for the full 3 years of his contract, we need to ensure Alex will have all the elite dump-off targets he can get to the best of his abilities.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
im pretty f****** pumped about this!
Share 49ersWebzone