LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Warrick Dunn like runner
At the beginning of the year this guy was ranked higher as a RB on about half of the draftniks boards than Trent Richardson, but both were universally 1 & 2. A bad LSU primetime loss by Oregon and then a gruesome elbow injury which most people thought would end his season knocked him completely off the radar as a "top" RB.

His toughness showed through and he came back from injury and still tore it up. This kid has amazing value where we got him. He is a tougher CJ Spiller/Jahvid Best type RB who was basically forgotten about after his injury. Had it not been for that elbow and missing a couple games, he would of been a mid-late 1st round pick.
Did you guys see when he dislocated his elbow last season? It was nasty, and I thought he was done for the year. I was shocked to see him playing like two weeks later. Just shows his toughness
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Every RB we pick is 5'6" - 5'8" and well under 200 lbs. What the hell?... I thought Lamar Miller would have been better here. What are we going to do with all these tiny RB's? Where is the workhorse for the future?

No, more like this:

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
They must be pretty disappointed with Gore last year and the off season. It appears he is slowly being phased out! If this doesnt light a fire he could be on his way out.

stop it. i can not and will not connect the dots as you have done.Please tell me when gore ever lacked a fire. my lord
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by desertrunner09:
Ok, so Hunter and James.. Who plays?? James returns kicks/punts? But what's Hunters roll now?
Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, James.. Dixon is definitely gone now so that's not an issue.. But still.. Log jam at RB

Gore starts, Hunter is back up, Jacobs is goal line and mauler, and James is utility. He'll get lined up all over the field.

I love it.

Stanford-style approach to the running game? I didn't see a lot of Stanford when Harbaugh was there so def willing to hear what others have observed.

This is Stanford's style, no one man backfield for them as they consistently had 2-3-4 running backs switching throughout the game. Very similar, will see if they stick to their ways with Barry Sanders Jr. Now enrolled on The Farm.
Originally posted by cciowa:
They must be pretty disappointed with Gore last year and the off season. It appears he is slowly being phased out! If this doesnt light a fire he could be on his way out.

stop it. i can not and will not connect the dots as you have done.Please tell me when gore ever lacked a fire. my lord

I don't think gore has or will ever lack fire. But injuries and production ( disappearing) in the middle of the season is what caused concern for the niners and ultimately led to us drafting another guy at the same position. It must be nice for us to complain about depth/ cuts throughout our roster as it hasn't been this way or this deep since the 80s and 90s
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D-Money:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I don't think gore has or will ever lack fire. But injuries and production ( disappearing) in the middle of the season is what caused concern for the niners and ultimately led to us drafting another guy at the same position. It must be nice for us to complain about depth/ cuts throughout our roster as it hasn't been this way or this deep since the 80s and 90s
yes I do agree with your point about gore maybe losing his game a bit. I was also upset he took himself out of the giants game when I know he could have picked up a first down on third down instead of having dixon in there. I do understand that side of the coin. Yes I agreee with you big time there
can anybody comment on the fumble issues?
  • titan
  • Veteran
^ You must have missed games last year! When he taptap on his head on critical downs. When he got taken down with a one hand tackle. When he goes to the ground on 3rd or 4th and 1. When he looked like he is out of breath on some plays and it's only 1st qtr. that's not the Gore we extended.

I think Gore has gotten a little timmid (sp), which is to be expected when you are the only weapon on your team for like 4 years straight! He was overused and now he is really banged up, I'm just glad they kept him on the team since he seemed to sacrifice the most when we were garbage.

However, there were some runs the past two seasons where he was home free and got caught from behind and then we ended up kicking a FG. Shouldn't have that problem with LJames.
^ You must have missed games last year! When he taptap on his head on critical downs. When he got taken down with a one hand tackle. When he goes to the ground on 3rd or 4th and 1. When he looked like he is out of breath on some plays and it's only 1st qtr. that's not the Gore we extended.

what?
I knew the 49ers love short man run like Lamichael James was size 5'8 and weights too well. I love the short man for only RB.. I was right..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I knew the 49ers love short man run like Lamichael James was size 5'8 and weights too well. I love the short man for only RB.. I was right..

My nigha Buzz!

Where u been bruh
Gotta admit, I'm excited the most about this pick.
Share 49ersWebzone