LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 479 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Receivers take about 3 yrs to develop look at Crabtree lots of people called him a bust

I never thought Crabtree was a bust, but that's just me. He was ready to play immediately after his rookie holdout. Didn't even need training camp. He just showed up and less than a week later he was our #1 receiver. He really broke out when his foot healed completely, and he started playing for a coach who knows a thing or two about offense.

Lmao Crabtree contributed way more his rookie year even with his hold out and it's not even close

Look at our receiving core when Crabtree was a rookie.

Look at it again when AJ Jenkins was a rookie.

Still, not excuse AJ couldn't see more playing time. Our WR core still isn't that great. Not in the least bit.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
AJ just needs to work on the level of say, a Marvin Harrison

Aj Jenkins was behind an old Moss, Constantly injured Manningham, KW, and Ginn. KW and Manningham got injured. That left Moss and Ginn ahead of him, and then they even favored Hall instead of him. Crabtree of course was #1, but still we desperately needed a #2, and #3 WR at the end of the season.

You cant really say that Moss and Ginn as 2/3 is much better than Morgan, and Bruce, as 2/3 and Crabtree came right in and was far and away the #1 WR.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Look at our receiving core when Crabtree was a rookie.

Look at it again when AJ Jenkins was a rookie.

Still, not excuse AJ couldn't see more playing time. Our WR core still isn't that great. Not in the least bit.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Lmao Crabtree contributed way more his rookie year even with his hold out and it's not even close

I agree but also recall Crabtree competing with a washed up Bruce (21 catches, 264 yards), Morgan (52, 527), Battle (5, 40), Hill (9, 90), Jones (1, 18), and Spurlock (0, 0). Not exactly comparable to Manningham, Moss, Crabtree and Williams...who don't inspire much either! The amazing thing to me was that they brought a guy in off the street to play ahead of Jenkins. That was really incredible. Slow learner? Doghouse? We will see this preseason.

Crabtree was much more NFL ready coming in and has a style of play that is very effective...MC was drafted at the top of the draft for a reason.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 22, 2013 at 7:09 AM ]
Remember when =

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000051876/A-J-Jenkins-finds-one-for-32-yards

and

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000056943/Jenkins-12-yard-touchdown-catch

or even this high praise =

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Notebook-AJ-Jenkins-Breaks-Out/9fa318b2-c3c2-4aa7-ba11-93a5f26672cd

"The way he played on Thursday night, Jenkins will have many fond memories to look back on when his career is over"

Lets hope that's not his ONLY memory of hitting pay dirt. I know it was just against crap preseason competition, but he did show SOMETHING last summer. I really cant wrap my head around him getting 0 catches last year after Manningham and Williams went down. Something doesn't add up.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Jenkins will have a breakout year this season. Book it.

3 catches 14 yards

Jenkins is a bust. Take that to the bank and borrow off of it at 3.14% APR
Originally posted by Wodwo:

I know, I know. Without the shooting of course, but this dude was of comparable size and physical attributes and he was one of the games all-time greatest and a route running technician
Hope this kid is really working hard to get stronger and better this off-season. Hopefully he can get on the same page as Kaepernick early in OTA's.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I know, I know. Without the shooting of course, but this dude was of comparable size and physical attributes and he was one of the games all-time greatest and a route running technician

This would be why I was giving you funny looks. Did not know if serious.

Maybe you should lower your expectations a bit.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
There's no doubt that he got skills and he could play, but the fact that a scrub like Hall was ahead of AJ in the line up tells me one thing, AJ was in the doghouse because he got smoking $h!t in the bathroom stall. Maybe that's why he barely weighs a buck fitty with his cleats on

Rumor has it, he getting his grub on, can now squat 115 lbs, and is working on push-ups (on his knees)...

Originally posted by LVJay:
There's no doubt that he got skills and he could play, but the fact that a scrub like Hall was ahead of AJ in the line up tells me one thing, AJ was in the doghouse because he got smoking $h!t in the bathroom stall. Maybe that's why he barely weighs a buck fitty with his cleats on

Rumor has it, he getting his grub on, can now squat 115 lbs, and is working on push-ups (on his knees)...
thats it???? damn no wonder why he has seldom played. They knew he might break against NFL defenses. Imagine him taking the hit vernon did against seattle
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
thats it???? damn no wonder why he has seldom played. They knew he might break against NFL defenses. Imagine him taking the hit vernon did against seattle

oh, for sure, he would've been broke in two had that been him instead of VD
This would be why I was giving you funny looks. Did not know if serious.

Maybe you should lower your expectations a bit.

Yes. I should hope he tries to emulate the preparation and performance to the extent he is capable
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by LVJay:

It's a joke lmao, I could squat 225 when I was 14 lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
misleading thread title. There is no evidence that he is a niner or ever was
Share 49ersWebzone