LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
It's not that all of Baalke's picks are gold, but people are frustrated at the constant second guessing immediately... especially after people were second guessing Aldon Smith last year. People just need to wait and see.

Originally posted by jreff22:
We needed a pass rusher and got one in Aldon....we needed a big RZ threat and didnt get one today
whos to say that manningham or moss wont be that guy? atleast the guy to free up davis, im also upset that the wr we got isnt that big but what are you going to do
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by okdkid:
How can anybody hate on this pick?! Especially after Aldon last year?

We just watched every single team pass on Fleener and Hill... some passed on them twice. So, uh... maybe they're just not as good as the hype. Time will tell.

not saying i dont love the pick, and sorry to quote you, but im sick and tired of everyone pointing out aldon from last year, yes balke made a great pick last year and is a better talent evalutor than any of us on the forum that does not mean that he incapable of making a bust pick.

It's not that all of Baalke's picks are gold, but people are frustrated at the constant second guessing immediately... especially after people were second guessing Aldon Smith last year. People just need to wait and see.

We needed a pass rusher and got one in Aldon....we needed a big RZ threat and didnt get one today

i think they got him in 2006.

We just need some more effective wrs to draw attention away from VD

Agreed. Not to mention, what the Niners needed was a WR who can get separation, stretch the field, runs good routes and has good hands. Jenkins has all of those. That was a huge problem last year... WR's couldn't get separation and ran horrible routes.
Its funny I had a feeling they would choose someone of the radar. We actually had the best possible possible scenario Hill, Glenn, ions and Fleener on the board and they choose jenkins surprising and i'll admit gave me a headache. I trust Harbaalk Jenkins was a top of the 2!nd pick overall a solid choice.

We just watched every single team pass on Fleener and Hill... some passed on them twice. So, uh... maybe they're just not as good as the hype. Time will tell.

not saying i dont love the pick, and sorry to quote you, but im sick and tired of everyone pointing out aldon from last year, yes balke made a great pick last year and is a better talent evalutor than any of us on the forum that does not mean that he incapable of making a bust pick.

First of all, we just need talent at WR period. Second, there are six more rounds.

We need talent but we need somebody outside of Moss at WR who can go up and get the ball. Do we draft another WR.......dunno.

i think they got him in 2006.

We just need some more effective wrs to draw attention away from VD

There's a certain future HoF WR that we got this offseason that is 5th all time in TD's, and a huge RZ threat.

Patience Grasshopper.... There is still time.
Then you should avoid to talking to people like Peter King, who actually talk to GM's, who state that GM's had Jenkins higher on their board than Michael Floyd.

this board is quick to trash these "analyst" like LaConfora or Lombardi when they say something negative and try to discredit them...doodz remember lacanfora said harbaugh to fins?!?!?!?!

Then quick to jump on their nuts when they say something positive about the 49ers
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Apr 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
"Baalke said the Minnesota Vikings called the 49ers to see if they were interested in trading. That would have given the 49ers the third pick in the second round.

But Baalke said he worried that another team would have come in and taken Jenkins before the 49ers. "He would have gone a lot sooner tomorrow than a lot of people think," Baalke said."

Rams or Colts were the only two teams ahead of the Vikings at #3 tomorrow. Make of it what you will.

What else would they have gotten I wonder? Probably wouldnt have been worth it to them even though it was only 5 spots. Its not like the salary is a big difference. They were probably offering a 5th or 6th round pick. Totally not worth it.
what the Ravens got a 4th

Pass.

Could let us take our 2nd second round with that additional 4th and move into the teens

Huh? Are you saying we could have traded the two second round picks to trade into the teens when it was already pick 30?

our late pick tomorrow....that plus the 4th we would of gained would let us trade both picks to move up higher into the 2nd

Oh I see what youre saying, the teens of round 2. I think we can still move up tomorrow if wanted. Im for less picks this year. Less draft picks we have to cut.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

so?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
A first round pick, even at #30, should contribute right away. I don't see Jenkins doing that. It just makes no sense when there were guys available who could have contributed, even started, right away - to take a guy for depth or to develop.

Just like Aldon last year, the more I read about this guy, the more I wonder why he wasn't graded higher. Real GMs draft players not based on what Mel Kiper, Todd McShay say about them, but by their own rankings based on how good they think they will be in the pros based on their experience. Trent Baalke proved last year he's better at this than Mel Kier, Todd McShay and the thousands of internet mock drafters who just regurgitate what they say.
Then you should avoid to talking to people like Peter King, who actually talk to GM's, who state that GM's had Jenkins higher on their board than Michael Floyd.

this board is quick to trash these "analyst" like LaConfora or Lombardi when they say something negative and try to discredit them...doodz remember lacanfora said harbaugh to fins?!?!?!?!

Then quick to jump on their nuts when they say something positive about the 49ers

WTH are you talking about?

1. Peter King isn't LaConfora or Lombardi and is much more reputable than either of those guys.

2. Peter King wasn't giving an opinion, he was relating what a GM told him.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
There's a certain future HoF WR that we got this offseason that is 5th all time in TD's, and a huge RZ threat.

whens the last time Moss caught a TD?

idk how he is going to perform
whos to say that manningham or moss wont be that guy? atleast the guy to free up davis, im also upset that the wr we got isnt that big but what are you going to do

Manningham is 6'0 tall

Moss is only on a 1 year deal

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/162094-aj-jenkins-wr-illinois/

Called it
Share 49ersWebzone