There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by BrianGO:
If he can't put on 30 lbs of muscle working with a professional football program, there is something wrong with that program. 5 - 10 is nothing. I put on 25 lbs of muscle in 2 months. All it takes is discipline and proper nutrition.
Keeping the weight on might be harder for him, because he is burning a ton of calories with his football workouts, but still, he has all the resources he could ever need.

Im 220lbs and it took me almost a full year to make my way up here from 210. Everyone gains weight/muscle at different speeds.
jenkins looks liek a twig, does he even have enough bones to put muscle on?
busted pick, IMO

can't even line up at the right spot and catch a 5 yard floater pass
I left the country for work shortly after the draft and spent the regular season abroad as well, so I didn't really read up much on Jenkins and don't know that much about him other than he contributed nothing and I watched him drop that drag route against AZ.

So, I guess, my main question is...

What is his main problem? Is it build/size, work ethic, or some combination thereof. I do remember a bit of a brouhaha developing over the summer in TC when there reporters were saying Jenkins showed up out of shape and looked awful and Harbs going off on them, but that's about the last I heard of him.
Still to early to label him a bust imo, but go ahead and sell your stocks before actually seeing them on the market.
Originally posted by merm49:
I left the country for work shortly after the draft and spent the regular season abroad as well, so I didn't really read up much on Jenkins and don't know that much about him other than he contributed nothing and I watched him drop that drag route against AZ.

So, I guess, my main question is...

What is his main problem? Is it build/size, work ethic, or some combination thereof. I do remember a bit of a brouhaha developing over the summer in TC when there reporters were saying Jenkins showed up out of shape and looked awful and Harbs going off on them, but that's about the last I heard of him.

Right now no one really knows, its a possible mix of physical issues (size/build) and mental issue (comprehension of play book/ being NFL ready). Alot of people claim to know but no one but the team/coaches really know whats really going on with him. He mentioned the other day going to ATL to work out with Kaep and he is expecting to enter next season as a different player. Time will only tell.
He will be fine. There have been plenty of NFL wrs that did next to nothing their rookie seasons and went on to becoming good receivers. I don't necessarily think he needs to gain 20-30 lbs either, he just needs to gain strength, technique and learn the damn playbook.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
If it happens to be a physical thing putting 5-10 lbs of muscle for some people is harder then it is for others, and he has one of those skinny boy builds. It may possibly be what was mentioned earlier also was he probably knows nothing about blocking in Ill he was just a route runner, and he ran really crisp routes really quickly. Who knows though

If he can't put on 30 lbs of muscle working with a professional football program, there is something wrong with that program. 5 - 10 is nothing. I put on 25 lbs of muscle in 2 months. All it takes is discipline and proper nutrition.
Keeping the weight on might be harder for him, because he is burning a ton of calories with his football workouts, but still, he has all the resources he could ever need.

25lbs in 2 months?

Haha yeah right. Steroids
I cannot find a single decent career video on the kid. I wanted to take a closer look at our first round pick last year too see how much potential, and what I've found or lack there of worries me. For someone who put up the numbers he did in college, there should be more evidence of his talent on tape. I hope I'm missing something, because at the moment a solid number 2 receiver is at the top of my off season wish list. I'm trying to figure out if he would project better outside or in the slot. I'm also trying to figure out why the hell we drafted him. Any help?
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I cannot find a single decent career video on the kid. I wanted to take a closer look at our first round pick last year too see how much potential, and what I've found or lack there of worries me. For someone who put up the numbers he did in college, there should be more evidence of his talent on tape. I hope I'm missing something, because at the moment a solid number 2 receiver is at the top of my off season wish list. I'm trying to figure out if he would project better outside or in the slot. I'm also trying to figure out why the hell we drafted him. Any help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njULL7rEo3c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O931W3wadpY
here you go

^^ lol
Originally posted by SofaKing:
^^ lol

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
here you go

Dammit this video is taking a long time to load.
Originally posted by 52Fiasco:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njULL7rEo3c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O931W3wadpY

He's clearly a slot receiver. Crabtree is best at flanker. We need a split-end to replace Moss (Josh Morgan was also a split-end). This is why I am very confident that we will draft a bigger WR this year.