Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Yeah but he said first round picks.

oops
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I wonder how many fans would be willing to eat there own words if he comes out next season, and plays out of his mind, i hope it would be more then the ones still trapped in the QB debate.

Would have no problems eating up a plate of crow meat if he does that.....Would enjoy ever bit of it...Mmmmmm

same here--I will gladly eat my own words.
Originally posted by rk1642:
If I remember correctly, John Taylor sat his first year as well and look how he turned out. Could be wrong on that but anyway some players just take more time to get it at the NFL level.

I'm willing to give him this next year. With another full offseason, he should start coming around and could really make a difference for us cause Moss is gone and Manningham may take awhile to get back.

heres hoping!

John Taylor was drafted in the 3rd round and there wasn't alot expected out of him. Jenkins was drafted in the first and with that comes a whole different set of expectations. If we had taken Jenkins in the 3rd round last year then you can bet this thread would be cut in half and people wouldn't be complaining so much about him.
Originally posted by rk1642:
If I remember correctly, John Taylor sat his first year as well and look how he turned out. Could be wrong on that but anyway some players just take more time to get it at the NFL level.

I'm willing to give him this next year. With another full offseason, he should start coming around and could really make a difference for us cause Moss is gone and Manningham may take awhile to get back.

heres hoping!

John Taylor was drafted in the 3rd round and there wasn't alot expected out of him. Jenkins was drafted in the first and with that comes a whole different set of expectations. If we had taken Jenkins in the 3rd round last year then you can bet this thread would be cut in half and people wouldn't be complaining so much about him.

Yeah. Its looking more like we should of drafted J. Jenkins instead.

Taylor was put in service day one, and arguably turned into the second most dangerous punt returner in modern day football ( old timers will remember who was number 1 --- white shoes). Psychologically, it's tough to come back from a skill position washout season when you are drafted number 1, unless you are a qb.
Was Carson Palmer a bust because he didnt play at all his first season? How about Aaron Rodgers?
Jenkins was a bust for his rookie season but he can definitely get out of that and be very good for us.
Was Carson Palmer a bust because he didnt play at all his first season? How about Aaron Rodgers?
Jenkins was a bust for his rookie season but he can definitely get out of that and be very good for us.
Bringing up QBs is pointless and ignorant

No, Jenkins prob will never be a "very good" first round pick
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
AJ Jenkins will produce a bit next year, and a lot more in his 3rd year.

Than all the haters will say "I told you he is the best EVVVVAAAAARRRRR" Look at my AJ Jenkins jersey dood!!!!!!

You just described as 1st Round bust
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I wonder how many fans would be willing to eat there own words if he comes out next season, and plays out of his mind, i hope it would be more then the ones still trapped in the QB debate.

Would have no problems eating up a plate of crow meat if he does that.....Would enjoy ever bit of it...Mmmmmm

same here--I will gladly eat my own words.
this times infinity,, i love it when i am wrong when it is good for the team. i have zero hopes for jenkins so that way i can be happy with whatever he ends up doing,,, if anything. again he has a second off season and is going to camp kap so he should be better,,, if we are setting here next year having the same talk about his lack of production well then we know for sure it was a major major mistake, not a franchise or season killing mistake but a major one nontheless
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Haven't been following the AJ situation. What is it that is the problem? Doesn't know the playbook?
Originally posted by Tommyboy:
Jenkins is a bust. Yes, I know it was his first year,but what first round draft pick never gets on the field. This isn't college. You don't red shirt 1st round picks. Thier expected to help the team. That's why thier drafted in the 1st round. Sad as it is we need another wideout for what the 3 year in a row.

P.S. What is with this new front office having trouble drafting good wideouts by the way. They just suck at it. I mean other then Crabtree.
What??? Jenkins obviously had a disappointing 1st year but he's not a bust. The zone always has to hate on someone. Baalke became GM at the same time Harbs became coach 2 years ago. Crabtree was drafted by Scott Mc. Our past teams with Nolan and Sing, draft picks got on the field faster because we sucked and the talent wasn't used properly. Aldon was 7th overall and he would only come in on 3rd down because he only knew how to rush the QB. Jenkins can end up a bust after a couple of years but come on. It's different for every player and how fast they adjust to the NFL.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Jenkins is a bust. Yes, I know it was his first year,but what first round draft pick never gets on the field. This isn't college. You don't red shirt 1st round picks. Thier expected to help the team. That's why thier drafted in the 1st round. Sad as it is we need another wideout for what the 3 year in a row.

P.S. What is with this new front office having trouble drafting good wideouts by the way. They just suck at it. I mean other then Crabtree.
What??? Jenkins obviously had a disappointing 1st year but he's not a bust. The zone always has to hate on someone. Baalke became GM at the same time Harbs became coach 2 years ago. Crabtree was drafted by Scott Mc. Our past teams with Nolan and Sing, draft picks got on the field faster because we sucked and the talent wasn't used properly. Aldon was 7th overall and he would only come in on 3rd down because he only knew how to rush the QB. Jenkins can end up a bust after a couple of years but come on. It's different for every player and how fast they adjust to the NFL.

i notice a trend in this league. fans want to be the first to say this player is a beast or this player is a bust. nobody knows how it shakes down, but everyone wants to act like they do.

Aldon has 14 sacks his first year. Sure thats the comparisson you want to make?

People compareing his to QB's and other such possitions are seriously reaching.

He is a WR. The only two WR's capable of playing by the end of the year were crabtree, and a old washed up moss. Ginn and a nobody chad hall were seeing snaps before him. When he did get on the field he looked lost.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Aldon has 14 sacks his first year. Sure thats the comparisson you want to make?

People compareing his to QB's and other such possitions are seriously reaching.

He is a WR. The only two WR's capable of playing by the end of the year were crabtree, and a old washed up moss. Ginn and a nobody chad hall were seeing snaps before him. When he did get on the field he looked lost.
idaho has said nothing wrong. i guess i am glad he is going to camp kap in the off season but it is really really hard for me to support him after his :showing" this year
Originally posted by mayo49:
Haven't been following the AJ situation. What is it that is the problem? Doesn't know the playbook?

That's the million dollar question.

If his comments about working out with Keap and getting bigger and stronger are any indication I would say it might be a physical issue (strength/conditioning or catching).

But being that his scouting reports said he had good hands I cant see it being a pass catching issue. But being that he had an entire football season to get bigger and faster and digest a playbook.....I really dont know.
I see the Jenkins situation coincide with the Kaep situation. Do the coaches want to have a qb with his first 10 start to throw to a rookie receiver for more than a hand full of plays per game...that scares the s**t out of me just thinking about.