There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Your arguement is not valid. Who does Jenkins have to compete with now? We arent talking about him not cntributeing when there were other players ahead of him. We are talking about him still not contributing when only Crabtree, Moss, and Ginn are the only WR's healthy. The fact that the staff seems to be favoring Ginn right now in some formations is worisome, Ginn is not an NFL caliber receiver on any team. Even in 5 WR sets they were using walker and Miller split out wide instead of him. Walker is horrible Sure he gets open, but he cant catch s**t.

Jenkins should be showing ALOT more than he has. He doesnt need to leapfrog anyone anymore. He should be far and away the front runner as the #3 WR, and hes not.

Not trying to argue it truly was a curious question, but for the sake of it, your argument it not as valid as you would like to believe, because unless youve seen him actually play you have no true evidence to validate your claims other then assumptions due to him not taking the field on formations you believe he should be. Maybe Harbaugh wants bigger players that are harder to bring down when using Miller and Walker out wide, maybe Ginn has one thing on Jenkins with his speed and he's used as a distraction, the same way Moss was for most of the season, It was only about a month ago people were saying LMJ was a waste of a draft pick due to him not playing so obviously he must have not been "good enough" and god forbid he take any sort or returns because of pre season mishaps. But like Y2R said it is definetely something that makes you say wtf. When he actually get real playing time he may turn out like LMJ and be somewhat of a shock to players maybe he'll fall flat on his face, my point is wait till that happens before convincing yourself he's not good.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Your arguement is not valid. Who does Jenkins have to compete with now? We arent talking about him not cntributeing when there were other players ahead of him. We are talking about him still not contributing when only Crabtree, Moss, and Ginn are the only WR's healthy. The fact that the staff seems to be favoring Ginn right now in some formations is worisome, Ginn is not an NFL caliber receiver on any team. Even in 5 WR sets they were using walker and Miller split out wide instead of him. Walker is horrible Sure he gets open, but he cant catch s**t.

Jenkins should be showing ALOT more than he has. He doesnt need to leapfrog anyone anymore. He should be far and away the front runner as the #3 WR, and hes not.

Not trying to argue it truly was a curious question, but for the sake of it, your argument it not as valid as you would like to believe, because unless youve seen him actually play you have no true evidence to validate your claims other then assumptions due to him not taking the field on formations you believe he should be. Maybe Harbaugh wants bigger players that are harder to bring down when using Miller and Walker out wide, maybe Ginn has one thing on Jenkins with his speed and he's used as a distraction, the same way Moss was for most of the season, It was only about a month ago people were saying LMJ was a waste of a draft pick due to him not playing so obviously he must have not been "good enough" and god forbid he take any sort or returns because of pre season mishaps. But like Y2R said it is definetely something that makes you say wtf. When he actually get real playing time he may turn out like LMJ and be somewhat of a shock to players maybe he'll fall flat on his face, my point is wait till that happens before convincing yourself he's not good.

I have seen him play. He couldnt even get himself lined up right. The rest of your arguements dont even make sense. Yea we want a FB, s**t HB, and s**t WR to be playing WR over our first round draft pick. That makes perfect sense. Like i have said many times you cant call him a bust, its too early, but his development is certainly concerning.
they drafted him knowing he was a twig. he was a project from day one so give the guy a chance. harbaugh doesnt think hes ready so hes not playing, simple as that
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Out of curiousity since we know who Jenkins has had to compete with for time on the field, who did crabtree really have to compete with when he was drafted?

I agree. He's not even getting on the field over Tedd Ginn.
I mean this kid was a first round pick and we actually threw the ball to a guy who came off the practice squad on a critical third down play in the NFCC. I've been hopeful about AJ all year and clearly we drafted well accross the board. But that was an indictment. Cmon man!!! Seriously. AJ needs to step up. We should have drafted a kicker.
Chad Hall got thrown to before Jenkins saw a pass...
An unfortunate misfire.

Thank goodness for LMJ.
hall wasnt the only receiving option on that play....
Called it week 3....and I don't care how high the rams rated him
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
AJ is scurred.
Looks like a bust now. Hopefully somehow he can be something next year. Not holding breath on it though
Things I'm not thinking about...
I feel the same way about not holding my breath. Happy for him to get better but we're going to have to go back to the well in the draft this year.
I didn't know Hall was white. He was thrown to on 3rd down wasn't he? Anyway, I finally got the Welker/Amendola comp.
Perplexed really. I hope an off season of training helps him.