There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i knew we should have went for Stephen hill...even if he wouldn't have been able to contribute to the passing game his rookie year he still could have been a stellar blocker

prove me wrong AJ!! I hope you do

Hill was starting for the Jets before he went down with injury, went for 90 yards and 2 TD's against Buffalo.

who didnt get 2 td against buffalo? he also had a terrible drop that cost them huge vs the patriots. i dont know who will be the better player and nobody does.
Originally posted by crabman82:
who didnt get 2 td against buffalo? he also had a terrible drop that cost them huge vs the patriots. i dont know who will be the better player and nobody does.

The important point is that one guy made it out onto the field and the other still has everyone wondering.

The important point is that one guy made it out onto the field and the other still has everyone wondering.

Yup. It was attributed to our "great" depth at WR at first, but we are down to Crabs & Scrubs.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by susweel:
They should just start AJ this game and see if he can step up or not. Some dudes might not be good practice players but play better in games.

he has played in a game before....didn't do anything but he got in

Actually, he torched his guy and just didn't get the ball.

Originally posted by bzborow1:
I see your points here, however I'll counter by saying that Jenkins hasn't (apparently) shown enough in practice to even dress for games. We certainly need Jenkins now, and I hope he can deliver some speed and over-the-top capabilities to this offense. Crabtree is great but he's not the type to break it open deep. LMJ hasn't really done much as a RB, but is a solid KR. Is that worth a 2nd round pick? I think this offense really misses Kendall Hunter because he can do everything LMJ has showed at RB plus run it up the middle with authority.

I'm beginning to wonder if drafting speed is not really Baalke's specialty. He's done a good job of finding big bodies for the lines (Davis, Iupati, Goodwin, RayMac, RJF) but not in finding playmakers. I'll cross my fingers, but it worries me that a guy who was taken for his special athleticism (speed) hasn't been able to stand out enough to make the starting roster of an offense with less than stellar talent at the position.

Hunter, Kap, and Cully say

BOTH of them still have everyone wondering. Hill was a good fade guy, but that's all he was. He still needs to show that he can be a complete WR. He started because the crap-sandwich WR situation in NY at the start of the year was even worse than what we have now (I would take Crab over Holmes and Moss over anyone else they have).
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

BOTH of them still have everyone wondering. Hill was a good fade guy, but that's all he was. He still needs to show that he can be a complete WR. He started because the crap-sandwich WR situation in NY at the start of the year was even worse than what we have now (I would take Crab over Holmes and Moss over anyone else they have).

i agree with this post. stephen hill on this team would have likely suffered the same fate as jenkins. it was reported before training camp jenkins would have a hard time being active on game days. hill wouldnt have topped crabs, mario or moss and to my knowledge doesnt have return ability like ginn or williams.
Time to show what AJ Jenkins is all about & 1st round pick worthy! #Next Man Up
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

This. Hope Jenkins shows up on Sunday & the playoffs!
Originally posted by tohara3:

I wanna see him dominate
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I wanna see him dominate

I'll settle for 2 or 3 really solid plays. That's just about what all the WR's (minus Crabtree) can do in this offense. If he can come in and make that happen, I'll be stoked.

Of course I'd love for him to go for 150 yards and 2 TD's, but let's take it one step at a time.
WHO?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I wanna see him dominate

I would LOVE to see him dominate but I am not quite that optimistic. He does need to go out there and produce some though. No reason for Ginn to get more snaps than him and if he can get a little something going that will bode well for us in the playoffs.
will have the game of his life

2 catches 28 yds
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

2 catches 28 yds

Keep dreamin buddy. Havent had a 28 yard receiver since TO.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Dec 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

2 catches 28 yds

Keep dreamin buddy. Havent had a 28 yard receiver since TO.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home