49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 599 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by susweel:
They should just start AJ this game and see if he can step up or not. Some dudes might not be good practice players but play better in games.

he has played in a game before....didn't do anything but he got in

Actually, he torched his guy and just didn't get the ball.

Kap tends to do that.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
I have a feeling that we are just not going to see him play much. Ginn gets some extra time maybe, or Delanie lines up at WR. I hope that he gets some time though... would be nice to utilize his speed

I'd like to see them give James and Jenkins all of Ginn's work this week. There is no benefit to Ginn playing over either of these guys.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
I have a feeling that we are just not going to see him play much. Ginn gets some extra time maybe, or Delanie lines up at WR. I hope that he gets some time though... would be nice to utilize his speed

I'd like to see them give James and Jenkins all of Ginn's work this week. There is no benefit to Ginn playing over either of these guys.

Ginn needs to be returning the punts for us simply because he is a vet and I don't want to put rookies back there in these situations. I think AJ will work very well with Moss and Crabtree at WR. If we can get our DL shored up and our OL run blocking back to it's previous dominance, we should be straight
  • THEB
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,760
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Ginn needs to be returning the punts for us simply because he is a vet and I don't want to put rookies back there in these situations. I think AJ will work very well with Moss and Crabtree at WR. If we can get our DL shored up and our OL run blocking back to it's previous dominance, we should be straight

Ginn is a liability right now. hes been making bad decisions all year, ans LMJ has good hands. Dont let the Kyle williams fumbles last year fool you. Kyle was known for fumbling in college. LMJ isnt known for fumbling.
[ Edited by THEB on Dec 30, 2012 at 3:05 AM ]
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Ginn needs to be returning the punts for us simply because he is a vet and I don't want to put rookies back there in these situations. I think AJ will work very well with Moss and Crabtree at WR. If we can get our DL shored up and our OL run blocking back to it's previous dominance, we should be straight

Ginn is a liability right now. hes been making bad decisions all year, ans LMJ has good hands. Dont let the Kyle williams fumbles last year fool you. Kyle was known for fumbling in college. LMJ isnt known for fumbling.

LMJ also isn't known for returning punts.

Put the known commodity back there.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Ginn needs to be returning the punts for us simply because he is a vet and I don't want to put rookies back there in these situations. I think AJ will work very well with Moss and Crabtree at WR. If we can get our DL shored up and our OL run blocking back to it's previous dominance, we should be straight

Ginn is a liability right now. hes been making bad decisions all year, ans LMJ has good hands. Dont let the Kyle williams fumbles last year fool you. Kyle was known for fumbling in college. LMJ isnt known for fumbling.

LMJ also isn't known for returning punts.

Put the known commodity back there.

Normally, I'd side with vet experience. But I cringe every time Ginn is back there to return. A complete shell of his former self in 2011.

This is a rare instance where I truly feel safer with LMJ. Kid has shown poise thus far and did an admirable job in the rain at New England.

Between not calling for a fair catch in NO with a dude breathing in his face, coupled with the bounce that very nearly hit his leg against, I believe it was the Rams, I don't trust Ginn's boneheaded decision making whatsoever.

Plus, I could see if it was risk/reward situation but even if the guy does cleanly catch the ball, he makes a b-line for the sidelines or loops around for a loss on the return. Can't remember him gaining more than 15 yards on a return this year.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Normally, I'd side with vet experience. But I cringe every time Ginn is back there to return. A complete shell of his former self in 2011.

This is a rare instance where I truly feel safer with LMJ. Kid has shown poise thus far and did an admirable job in the rain at New England.

Between not calling for a fair catch in NO with a dude breathing in his face, coupled with the bounce that very nearly hit his leg against, I believe it was the Rams, I don't trust Ginn's boneheaded decision making whatsoever.

Plus, I could see if it was risk/reward situation but even if the guy does cleanly catch the ball, he makes a b-line for the sidelines or loops around for a loss on the return. Can't remember him gaining more than 15 yards on a return this year.

I agree Ginn has sucked, but I don't think we should be putting a guy who has never returned a punt back there in a playoff game.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,301
We need to see something out of AJ today, even if it's only 1 catch. He needs to build some confidence going into the playoffs.
Originally posted by Nuns:
We need to see something out of AJ today, even if it's only 1 catch. He needs to build some confidence going into the playoffs.

Agree. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a screen or reverse today.
Diarhhea cha cha cha !
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by Nuns:
We need to see something out of AJ today, even if it's only 1 catch. He needs to build some confidence going into the playoffs.

Agree. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a screen or reverse today.

This is true, the playcaller has to dial something up and look in his direction and give him some opportunities. He needs to start taking some NFL hits and catching some passes so the other teams have to account for him. Hell, if Doug Baldwin can get in the game then so can AJ. The time is now!!
Originally posted by lordsilva25:
Diarhhea cha cha cha !

...the f**k?
We're likely gonna need him for the playoffs, so I hope he gets some work today.
i wish they would play aj jenkins look what happend when they finally started james he basically knocked ted ginn off roster aj is fast he can open field up for crabtree and moss and walker
i would play aj for that reason too, we have no clue what he can do for all we know he cud come in an ball out an start takin roster spots. but thats still a question whats for sure is we need him in there jsut to have enough wr. we need enough receivers to take up DBs. we need to get moss an crabs more space cuz thats basically all we have now sound familiar?. plus az is a great team to test aj against, there only strength in there D is the D line. hed be a good idea to put out there cuz were at the point now that we gotta see what we got at wr.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone