There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Wanted Hill or AJ over Jenkins myself, but SD is right here. A couple of our vet WRs would have had to badly flop for Jenkins to get much real action this season. Good news! They haven't... so we can perhaps go deep into the playoffs with experienced and competent WRs this time. That's good news... Hill and Jeffery are showing good moments of play because their teams need to force them into action. Maybe Jenkins would too if given the chance, but we haven't needed him to step up yet. This is not the time to be pining over which WR we drafted last April.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i liked alshon jeffery a lot coming out he was my second favorite WR behind kendall wrigt

if were talking about AJ he definitally has potential to be one of the better WR in this class all the intangibles and things it takes WR a while to learn he already has learned or has it. Not to mention he posses the speed you look for while having exceptionally quick cuts which gives him constant separation

all he really has to do now is adjust to the physicality of the nfl

by the way when im talking about aj its aj jenkins
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
It was when Chan Gailey ran the team, Comparing Calvin, to Aj, because they ran a spread system! I don't think hill is going to be Elite. Good maybe, by complex, I mean a system that needs more than 1 route from him. Which is what the niners do, we run the whole tree. Hill would take longer to fit us than he does the jets, all the jets need is a big guy to run the go, and open holmes up from doubles. Bench doesn't have to do with Blocking only, Getting off jams is also important, I'm showing jenkins has the power to get off and get up field too. Dude is 190 benching 225 12 times, Like to see you do that. Jenkins can run the go, but he can also run everything else, he's smoother with his routes than hill, and he's a tough little guy that likes going over the middle.

The bold means nothing, Gore was a 3rd round pick, so was Joe montana! Your using that statement to debunk me it won't work. They can say whatever round they want, all it takes is one team to like him, and that was us, like it or not in 4 years you'll finally see my point, that A.J is a better player. I watch Blackmon, I live in oklahoma. You think Jenkins is worse than hill, and blackmon is better than both. so if you think hill's going to be good fine. I think A.J. is better than Blackmon. So that makes him better than Hill as well in my eyes. Blackmon just did the bench and saved everything for the proday. We agree to disagree, because A.J. will have a great career I'm not saying hill won't, i just think A.J. will be better.

He's a player on your favorite TEAM get behind him or go away, and fallow the jets if you like hill so much! Why do you want a player to fail so bad, just for your ego, so you prove he wasn't good. Clearly you don't support alex you just want to be right that he's not a good player, now your calling him a game manager as a insult, yet again he proved you wrong against the packers! I expect nothing but greatness from the niners players, I don't want any of them to fail, because that means were a bottom feeding team again! So get over your ego, and support this team and it's players!

Here are some facts for you. Michael Crabtree never ran the full tree at TT, didn't happen. Most guys coming out of college don't know the tree and it takes all of them time to learn and adjust. So whats your point?

It was reported numerous times that he (Jenkins) lacked strength to fight off defenders....and was on his ass during camp.

When did I ever bring up Blackmon?

And when have I ever not supported Alex, find me one instance that I have been critical of him.....please find it.

When did I call him a game manager?

Are you high?
I'm not in california, pot is not legal here. He was on his butt for training camp, I didn't hear him being on it after? Even Jerry Rice dropped catchs as a rookie, they are rookies for a reason.
Like I'm going back through 7 years to look up your bashing of smith to prove you're not a bandwagon fan. And I'm going say I told you so EVERYONE even if you didn't hate him! haha I will do the same with A.J. I believe in him, and will stand by him and support him, and Rub it in your face when he proves the haters wrong!
Everyone calls him a game manager, He's ELITE, why he was picked first over all.
I'm brought up Blackmon because he's better than Hill, and A.J. is better than Blackmon

Why did we just bring up crabtree? You do know he was a Qb in highschool?? He was learning a how to be a wr... Where's the facts he couldn't run the whole tree, he had a broken foot. Second he ran a Streak, Bubble, Slant, Out, Post, Drag, Curl/Hitch, In, Flag, Stick, and Out and up! I don't know where people get that he couldn't run the tree, it's not a fact look at his highlights he ran them all. They only say that because they couldn't see it at the combine. 874 Yards as a rookie, who was a holdout, Yeah I think he could run the tree just fine, Just because someone says it doesn't make it true, you should watch it and see it for yourself!

And I'm on Prozac and Trazodone, lol and I like to argue my point, either until i win, or you give up first. Got an A in Debat, I should be a lawyer, it help me get my fix.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 13, 2012 at 12:24 AM ]
It was when Chan Gailey ran the team, Comparing Calvin, to Aj, because they ran a spread system! I don't think hill is going to be Elite. Good maybe, by complex, I mean a system that needs more than 1 route from him. Which is what the niners do, we run the whole tree. Hill would take longer to fit us than he does the jets, all the jets need is a big guy to run the go, and open holmes up from doubles. Bench doesn't have to do with Blocking only, Getting off jams is also important, I'm showing jenkins has the power to get off and get up field too. Dude is 190 benching 225 12 times, Like to see you do that. Jenkins can run the go, but he can also run everything else, he's smoother with his routes than hill, and he's a tough little guy that likes going over the middle.

The bold means nothing, Gore was a 3rd round pick, so was Joe montana! Your using that statement to debunk me it won't work. They can say whatever round they want, all it takes is one team to like him, and that was us, like it or not in 4 years you'll finally see my point, that A.J is a better player. I watch Blackmon, I live in oklahoma. You think Jenkins is worse than hill, and blackmon is better than both. so if you think hill's going to be good fine. I think A.J. is better than Blackmon. So that makes him better than Hill as well in my eyes. Blackmon just did the bench and saved everything for the proday. We agree to disagree, because A.J. will have a great career I'm not saying hill won't, i just think A.J. will be better.

He's a player on your favorite TEAM get behind him or go away, and fallow the jets if you like hill so much! Why do you want a player to fail so bad, just for your ego, so you prove he wasn't good. Clearly you don't support alex you just want to be right that he's not a good player, now your calling him a game manager as a insult, yet again he proved you wrong against the packers! I expect nothing but greatness from the niners players, I don't want any of them to fail, because that means were a bottom feeding team again! So get over your ego, and support this team and it's players!

Here are some facts for you. Michael Crabtree never ran the full tree at TT, didn't happen. Most guys coming out of college don't know the tree and it takes all of them time to learn and adjust. So whats your point?

It was reported numerous times that he (Jenkins) lacked strength to fight off defenders....and was on his ass during camp.

And when have I ever not supported Alex, find me one instance that I have been critical of him.....please find it.

Are you high?
I'm not in california, pot is not legal here. He was on his butt for training camp, I didn't hear him being on it after? Even Jerry Rice dropped catchs as a rookie, they are rookies for a reason.
Like I'm going back through 7 years to look up your bashing of smith to prove you're not a bandwagon fan. And I'm going say I told you so EVERYONE even if you didn't hate him! haha I will do the same with A.J. I believe in him, and will stand by him and support him, and Rub it in your face when he proves the haters wrong!
Everyone calls him a game manager, He's ELITE, why he was picked first over all.
I'm brought up Blackmon because he's better than Hill, and A.J. is better than Blackmon

Why did we just bring up crabtree? You do know he was a Qb in highschool?? He was learning a how to be a wr... Where's the facts he couldn't run the whole tree, he had a broken foot. Second he ran a Streak, Bubble, Slant, Out, Post, Drag, Curl/Hitch, In, Flag, Stick, and Out and up! I don't know where people get that he couldn't run the tree, it's not a fact look at his highlights he ran them all. They only say that because they couldn't see it at the combine. 874 Yards as a rookie, who was a holdout, Yeah I think he could run the tree just fine, Just because someone says it doesn't make it true, you should watch it and see it for yourself!

And I'm on Prozac and Trazodone, lol and I like to argue my point, either until i win, or you give up first. Got an A in Debat, I should be a lawyer, it help me get my fix.

Being on your ass has nothing to do with dropping balls, again you aren't making sense.

Bandwagon fan...you can eat s**t if that's what you think I am. I argued against JT Osullivan, Shaun Hill, Nate Davis, David Carr, and all of the other iditios we had. Dont claim that I talk trash about Alex because I never have, you are talking out your ass on this and you know it.

You want actual PROOF Crabtree didn't know the tree and didn't run it at TT, http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/49ers-coordinator-Crabtree-ran-two-routes-in-college.html

Getting an A in highschool debate, doesnt mean you can offer a substantial argument with proven facts and data to prove a point in the real world.....or an internet forum.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Are you high?

What was reported about Hill? What did we see from Hill in preseason? A bunch of drops and bad routes. AJ showed he can play, but with Moss, Crabtree, and Manningham he won't get to see the field this year. Hill gets to play because the jets only have 1 good reciever. The Niners have superbowl hopes and are using the draft to make sure they don't have a drop off in talent in the upcoming years. Aj and James won't play much this year and I think that is how it will be going forward, the rookies they draft will be sitting for a year because the team will always have guys to fill holes that leave in FA.
Originally posted by pd24:
What was reported about Hill? What did we see from Hill in preseason? A bunch of drops and bad routes. AJ showed he can play, but with Moss, Crabtree, and Manningham he won't get to see the field this year. Hill gets to play because the jets only have 1 good reciever. The Niners have superbowl hopes and are using the draft to make sure they don't have a drop off in talent in the upcoming years. Aj and James won't play much this year and I think that is how it will be going forward, the rookies they draft will be sitting for a year because the team will always have guys to fill holes that leave in FA.

ALso, they will be largely, unknown quantities in terms of their roles in the offense. Could prove to be an advantage later on... or, I could reaching a bit.

Are you high?

Being on your ass has nothing to do with dropping balls, again you aren't making sense.

Bandwagon fan...you can eat s**t if that's what you think I am. I argued against JT Osullivan, Shaun Hill, Nate Davis, David Carr, and all of the other iditios we had. Dont claim that I talk trash about Alex because I never have, you are talking out your ass on this and you know it.

You want actual PROOF Crabtree didn't know the tree and didn't run it at TT, http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/49ers-coordinator-Crabtree-ran-two-routes-in-college.html

Getting an A in highschool debate, doesnt mean you can offer a substantial argument with proven facts and data to prove a point in the real world.....or an internet forum.

Watch the hightlights, he doesn't just run 2 routes, you lost me at San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye. He was sleeping durning the game film anyways! I'm in oklahoma, I watch Ou, Osu, Texas, TT, Arkansa, Nerbraska, games I get more film on these guys than anyone else. I wanted crabtree the second the clock said 10th pick! I was screaming crabtree, thank you raiders! He didn't just run a hitch, or go!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM ]
Originally posted by pd24:

Hill was a very raw prospect coming out of school, we all knew that. Preseason doesn't mean a whole lot to me honestly. We didn't look great during a lot of it and we all know how we look now. So far in regular season Hill looks like a quality player that just became the guy....not bad for a raw kid coming out of a run first program.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Hill was a very raw prospect coming out of school, we all knew that. Preseason doesn't mean a whole lot to me honestly. We didn't look great during a lot of it and we all know how we look now. So far in regular season Hill looks like a quality player that just became the guy....not bad for a raw kid coming out of a run first program.

I wanted Hill too, but I don't think the coaching staff saw him as a fit to the offense we run. He can go deep and get it whild AJ has the speed to take the top off but can also play underneath. they can play him on the outside or slot. From what I see from Harbaugh, he likes his players to be able to do alot of different things.
Watch the hightlights, he doesn't just run 2 routes, you lost me at San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye. He was sleeping durning the game film anyways! I'm in oklahoma, I watch Ou, Osu, Texas, TT, Arkansa, Nerbraska, games I get more film on these guys than anyone else. I wanted crabtree the second the clock said 10th pick! I was screaming crabtree, thank you raiders! He didn't just run a hitch, or go!

I really don't think you know what you're talking about with this. TT like most spread teams do not employ the full tree, they don't. If you think they do then you aren't paying attention or cant read the routes. Doesn't matter where you live, wrong is still wrong.

I really don't think you know what you're talking about with this. TT like most spread teams do not employ the full tree, they don't. If you think they do then you aren't paying attention or cant read the routes. Doesn't matter where you live, wrong is still wrong.

I'm not saying he know's the whole tree, but the statement he only ran two routes is completely false, that's not a fact. Look at his hightlights. He runs a Post, Hitch and Go, the Out, the In, Slant, Bubble, Go, Curl, Drag all in just this small hightlight sample. I may be wrong about a lot of things, but crabtree running more than 2 routes I am not. He was much more polished than stephen hill. I personaly think crabtree will have 1000 yards. He has made no offseason excuss, show up for camp, and wake's up and says, I'm going to work, so I can hangout with Randy Moss all day!

I'm not saying he know's the whole tree, but the statement he only ran two routes is completely false, that's not a fact. Look at his hightlights. He runs a Post, Hitch and Go, the Out, the In, Slant, Bubble, Go, Curl, Drag all in just this small hightlight sample. I may be wrong about a lot of things, but crabtree running more than 2 routes I am not. He was much more polished than stephen hill. I personaly think crabtree will have 1000 yards. He has made no offseason excuss, show up for camp, and wake's up and says, I'm going to work, so I can hangout with Randy Moss all day!

My original statement, You want actual PROOF Crabtree didn't know the tree and didn't run it at TT.

You argued that fact then just came out and said, I'm not saying he know's the whole tree.

I never said he only ran 2 routes but he was limited in his routes at TT. Thank you for proving me right.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Sep 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM ]

My original statement, You want actual PROOF Crabtree didn't know the tree and didn't run it at TT.

You argued that fact that just came out and said, I'm not saying he know's the whole tree.

I never said he only ran 2 routes but he was limited in his routes at TT. Thank you for proving me right.
And also ran the fade, I missed that one, and the quick out. He ran the whole tree, he clearly does know it. The Tree at it's basic, is only 10 routes, I just named 11 of them he ran in college. So in fact he did run and know them all at the basic level. The nfl is a different ball game completely. Your ignoring the facts of the highlight video, a short clip of what he did in college, that shows your wrong!
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Wanted Hill or AJ over Jenkins myself, but SD is right here. A couple of our vet WRs would have had to badly flop for Jenkins to get much real action this season. Good news! They haven't... so we can perhaps go deep into the playoffs with experienced and competent WRs this time. That's good news... Hill and Jeffery are showing good moments of play because their teams need to force them into action. Maybe Jenkins would too if given the chance, but we haven't needed him to step up yet. This is not the time to be pining over which WR we drafted last April.

They play those guys because they have to. You won't see Jenkins much this year. But he may turn out real good still.
  • kush
  • Veteran
lol at Maddog pimping himself over Stephen Hill.