LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 114 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Watch the hightlights, he doesn't just run 2 routes, you lost me at San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye. He was sleeping durning the game film anyways! I'm in oklahoma, I watch Ou, Osu, Texas, TT, Arkansa, Nerbraska, games I get more film on these guys than anyone else. I wanted crabtree the second the clock said 10th pick! I was screaming crabtree, thank you raiders! He didn't just run a hitch, or go!

I really don't think you know what you're talking about with this. TT like most spread teams do not employ the full tree, they don't. If you think they do then you aren't paying attention or cant read the routes. Doesn't matter where you live, wrong is still wrong.

I'm not saying he know's the whole tree, but the statement he only ran two routes is completely false, that's not a fact. Look at his hightlights. He runs a Post, Hitch and Go, the Out, the In, Slant, Bubble, Go, Curl, Drag all in just this small hightlight sample. I may be wrong about a lot of things, but crabtree running more than 2 routes I am not. He was much more polished than stephen hill. I personaly think crabtree will have 1000 yards. He has made no offseason excuss, show up for camp, and wake's up and says, I'm going to work, so I can hangout with Randy Moss all day!

My original statement, You want actual PROOF Crabtree didn't know the tree and didn't run it at TT.

You argued that fact then just came out and said, I'm not saying he know's the whole tree.

I never said he only ran 2 routes but he was limited in his routes at TT. Thank you for proving me right.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Sep 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM ]
Watch the hightlights, he doesn't just run 2 routes, you lost me at San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye. He was sleeping durning the game film anyways! I'm in oklahoma, I watch Ou, Osu, Texas, TT, Arkansa, Nerbraska, games I get more film on these guys than anyone else. I wanted crabtree the second the clock said 10th pick! I was screaming crabtree, thank you raiders! He didn't just run a hitch, or go!

I really don't think you know what you're talking about with this. TT like most spread teams do not employ the full tree, they don't. If you think they do then you aren't paying attention or cant read the routes. Doesn't matter where you live, wrong is still wrong.

I'm not saying he know's the whole tree, but the statement he only ran two routes is completely false, that's not a fact. Look at his hightlights. He runs a Post, Hitch and Go, the Out, the In, Slant, Bubble, Go, Curl, Drag all in just this small hightlight sample. I may be wrong about a lot of things, but crabtree running more than 2 routes I am not. He was much more polished than stephen hill. I personaly think crabtree will have 1000 yards. He has made no offseason excuss, show up for camp, and wake's up and says, I'm going to work, so I can hangout with Randy Moss all day!

My original statement, You want actual PROOF Crabtree didn't know the tree and didn't run it at TT.

You argued that fact that just came out and said, I'm not saying he know's the whole tree.

I never said he only ran 2 routes but he was limited in his routes at TT. Thank you for proving me right.
And also ran the fade, I missed that one, and the quick out. He ran the whole tree, he clearly does know it. The Tree at it's basic, is only 10 routes, I just named 11 of them he ran in college. So in fact he did run and know them all at the basic level. The nfl is a different ball game completely. Your ignoring the facts of the highlight video, a short clip of what he did in college, that shows your wrong!
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Wanted Hill or AJ over Jenkins myself, but SD is right here. A couple of our vet WRs would have had to badly flop for Jenkins to get much real action this season. Good news! They haven't... so we can perhaps go deep into the playoffs with experienced and competent WRs this time. That's good news... Hill and Jeffery are showing good moments of play because their teams need to force them into action. Maybe Jenkins would too if given the chance, but we haven't needed him to step up yet. This is not the time to be pining over which WR we drafted last April.

They play those guys because they have to. You won't see Jenkins much this year. But he may turn out real good still.
lol at Maddog pimping himself over Stephen Hill.
goldigger just stop posting in please, you are clearly just trying to troll since your just talking out of your ass
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
goldigger just stop posting in please, you are clearly just trying to troll since your just talking out of your ass

Trolling, I'm not under any bridge. I'm not talking out my ass about crabtree, that is a total false statment! Jimmy Raye was used as his evidence. First off someone that still thinks it's 1970, and awake would be better... I'm not trolling, I think A.J. is better than Hill, And that Crabtree Did in FACT RUN THE WHOLE TREE! You can't see that in a 4 min clip that crabtree is more polished than Hill. There's a reason 32+ teams passed on hill! You can say the experts are right A.J isn't a better wr is crazy he's just as good if not better than blackmon, he has comparable stats to back my claim. I'm supporting my Team and Players, Coachs and G.M. The entire 9er org, It takes an entire franchise to win a superbowl, including the fans!
And also ran the fade, I missed that one, and the quick out. He ran the whole tree, he clearly does know it. The Tree at it's basic, is only 10 routes, I just named 11 of them he ran in college. So in fact he did run and know them all at the basic level. The nfl is a different ball game completely. Your ignoring the facts of the highlight video, a short clip of what he did in college, that shows your wrong!

So now your contradicting your own statements.
-------------------

Leach: I always liked things about a passing tree because it's quick to teach because you get everybody on the same page fast. You can't just say in the booth, "We should just run a seven route there it would be effective." Now that may sound good and as a coach that may be easy for you to call, but it's far tougher to execute than it is to call because that particular receiver may not know how to correctly run a seven route. But if you teach all your receivers the seven route then it's beneficial. However, I've never been a passing tree guy because I would often feel the need to tinker with it and I didn't think it was helping my players, particularly during the game.

http://xandolabs.com/2011/09/mike-leachs-offense-perception-vs-reality/
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wanted Hill or AJ over Jenkins myself, but SD is right here. A couple of our vet WRs would have had to badly flop for Jenkins to get much real action this season. Good news! They haven't... so we can perhaps go deep into the playoffs with experienced and competent WRs this time. That's good news... Hill and Jeffery are showing good moments of play because their teams need to force them into action. Maybe Jenkins would too if given the chance, but we haven't needed him to step up yet. This is not the time to be pining over which WR we drafted last April.

They play those guys because they have to. You won't see Jenkins much this year. But he may turn out real good still.

Agree, but I think I just said that?

So now your contradicting your own statements.
-------------------

Leach: I always liked things about a passing tree because it's quick to teach because you get everybody on the same page fast. You can't just say in the booth, "We should just run a seven route there it would be effective." Now that may sound good and as a coach that may be easy for you to call, but it's far tougher to execute than it is to call because that particular receiver may not know how to correctly run a seven route. But if you teach all your receivers the seven route then it's beneficial. However, I've never been a passing tree guy because I would often feel the need to tinker with it and I didn't think it was helping my players, particularly during the game.

http://xandolabs.com/2011/09/mike-leachs-offense-perception-vs-reality/
Okay that is what I was looking for. He may not teach the tree, but that doesn't mean the player isn't really running it??? Everyone calls the words in a tree something different, but a go is still a streak, and short in is also called a drag. Crabtree ran routes that are in the tree, even if they were not calling them that. Really in the nfl it's more complex, plays depend on the defensive coverage! Crabtree might run a curl to the inside, or he might run one to outside depend on the coverage of the defense, both him and alex have to be on the same page, and know which way Crabtree will end up going, so he can put the ball on that spot.

I think Jenkins has what we're looking for, he's smooth in and out of his breaks, very good hips and change of direction and body control. Sure, he needs more power, but that is what an nfl strength program is for, remember how small Alex Smith look and how he's filled out. If he can get off the jam that is all I care about, He can be used to run a Cb out of the play like ginn, rather than try to block the Cb out of it.

Size is overrated if you don't back that up. Jerry Rice weight was 200 pounds, to small, and to slow, still became the goat. It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. A.J. got the heart.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 13, 2012 at 3:06 PM ]
LOL @ the defense getting a good look with AJ impersonating Calvin Johnson

Originally posted by spizzy:
LOL @ the defense getting a good look with AJ impersonating Calvin Johnson

I guess it's good for AJ to study CJ, but I really don't see the resemblance. Kaep would make more sense.
Okay that is what I was looking for. He may not teach the tree, but that doesn't mean the player isn't really running it??? Everyone calls the words in a tree something different, but a go is still a streak, and short in is also called a drag. Crabtree ran routes that are in the tree, even if they were not calling them that. Really in the nfl it's more complex, plays depend on the defensive coverage! Crabtree might run a curl to the inside, or he might run one to outside depend on the coverage of the defense, both him and alex have to be on the same page, and know which way Crabtree will end up going, so he can put the ball on that spot.

I think Jenkins has what we're looking for, he's smooth in and out of his breaks, very good hips and change of direction and body control. Sure, he needs more power, but that is what an nfl strength program is for, remember how small Alex Smith look and how he's filled out. If he can get off the jam that is all I care about, He can be used to run a Cb out of the play like ginn, rather than try to block the Cb out of it.

Size is overrated if you don't back that up. Jerry Rice weight was 200 pounds, to small, and to slow, still became the goat. It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. A.J. got the heart.

I never implied Jenkins was not good. He is a small shifty kid who can work underneath and take the top off in need be....we hope. Can he add weight, its a possibility but some people can only add so much to their frame. I think he will get stronger by maturing more into a man but I don't see him getting much thicker. Look at guys like Desean....he may be a lil heavier but he's still "thin".

Size is not overrated, guys like Fitz, Megatron, Green, Andre Johnson, Julio, Demaryius Thomas...etc.etc. DB's are getting bigger and as such the bigger WR's are becoming a premium on beating them. That is what most if not all wanted going into the draft. A big tall kid who could thicken out a bit and out muscle defenders and go up and fight for balls. Yes we lacked speed but we also lacked a red-zone threat outsize of Vernon. We went out and got Moss who fits that mold but its nothing longer then a 2 year experiment. Once Moss goes we still need that big guy who can create that kind of damage. Yes there are small WR's who play great and beat guys but its the big guys who consistently do the damage on a weekly basis. And Hill had both the size and speed with blocking knowledge and that's why a lot of people (myself) included wanted him. If the idea was to have the pick sit, he could've sat all year and brushed up on his catching and route running skills...but still gave us that "monster" threat on the field.

We will be drafting another WR either this year or next....if we don't go with a big body I would be very surprised.
^ yeah, I liked the idea of holding onto a kid like Brian Tyms.. we could do well to develop a young kid with size and speed. WE already have a young, smaller, quicker WRs with KW and Jenkins. I want Alex to grow in confidence (of the WR to throw to) in recognizing 1-vs-1 coverage and just chucking a deep one up and letting his WR go up and get it. Smaller WRs can do this too, if they know how to attack the ball at its highest point... but not sure we have that in our smaller WRs.
^ yeah, I liked the idea of holding onto a kid like Brian Tyms.. we could do well to develop a young kid with size and speed. WE already have a young, smaller, quicker WRs with KW and Jenkins. I want Alex to grow in confidence (of the WR to throw to) in recognizing 1-vs-1 coverage and just chucking a deep one up and letting his WR go up and get it. Smaller WRs can do this too, if they know how to attack the ball at its highest point... but not sure we have that in our smaller WRs.

Thank you! He appeared like a kid who had prototypical size/strength/hops and a bunch of upside to develop.
is he active this game?
Share 49ersWebzone