LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs caravan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
why do I sense the football gods are setting up to lay a golden egg on the niners? Their injuries have been more then fortunate and this loss will instill some humbleness in some swollen heads.
Love him as a short yardage guy, and I'm stoked to hear he's going to be OK. But I hope he doesn't eat his way back to his Giants playing weight while injured. I feel bad saying it, but I don't want him to erase all the hard work he's put in.
One thing I noticed when watching the game was when Jacobs was getting carried off the field. He stopped and tapped Rathman on the shoulder and said something to him. Rathman nodded his head, said something back and tapped Jacobs on he butt as he continued off. Wasn't much said but I would love to find out what was said. You can tell ourselves of our back loves to Play for Tom Rathman and how much each of them absorb what he says. Even the vets like gore and Jacobs.
Agree. Let these guys get healthy and get ready for the regular season so we can rock some teams this year!
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
All fixed up now, but it does suck having advancing arthritis in both knees at 32 years old.

Didn't mean to be flip about it! Arthritis is a pain...literally! My fingers and knees are my weak points but typing is still do-able...not looking forward to old(er) age!
if necessary I will use a straw to drink my coffee in the morning!
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
One thing I noticed when watching the game was when Jacobs was getting carried off the field. He stopped and tapped Rathman on the shoulder and said something to him. Rathman nodded his head, said something back and tapped Jacobs on he butt as he continued off. Wasn't much said but I would love to find out what was said. You can tell ourselves of our back loves to Play for Tom Rathman and how much each of them absorb what he says. Even the vets like gore and Jacobs.

I saw that too. Kind of cool. Also I may have been hearing things but I could have sworn that Harbaugh or the trainer told him not to put weight on it. The announcers kept saying how he couldn't even step or put weight on his leg but he took a couple steps and then one of them told him to stop. I think it was Coach because you could see him keeping his hand under his leg as they were walking. Just seemed like the announcers were making it seem worse.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
All fixed up now, but it does suck having advancing arthritis in both knees at 32 years old.

Didn't mean to be flip about it! Arthritis is a pain...literally! My fingers and knees are my weak points but typing is still do-able...not looking forward to old(er) age!

It's cool, man. My own decisions got me here. I'm just glad that Jacobs will be back. Thinking of another year w/Boobie Dix @ short yardage back had me
It's cool, man. My own decisions got me here. I'm just glad that Jacobs will be back. Thinking of another year w/Boobie Dix @ short yardage back had me

Good to hear the big guys going to be alright. Will take him sometime to get back a rhythm on the field and shake off some rust during the season.
Frigging happy Jacobs will be ok, we will need him this season, Dixon won't cut it, Jacobs has what we need.

Phew!!!
dodged 3 bullets so far
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Yep, it's your own fault and you deserve it. You're lucky I'm not in charge or it'd be worse.

Thank the football gods Jacobs isn't as fragile as you are. Ya big baby.

Wut? You wanna go? Bring it!

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
dodged 3 bullets so far

What are we Keanu?
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
dodged 3 bullets so far

What are we Keanu?

No, Neo
Share 49ersWebzone