There are 215 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs caravan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by dave1003:
Ok. I am a 4th year med student. I think he either injured his PCL or his patella. But since he already had an xray, his patella is probably ok. The most likely injury is either a bruise (swelling, something that is not serious) OR the PCL injury. I doubt he has a meniscal injury, but that is possible. There's no way in hell he injured his ACL because he was hit from the front. To tear the ACL, you have be hit from the side or from the back. It's extremely rare otherwise.

And so yes, I think he will be fine. 6 week injury I'm guessing.

I think it's more likely an MCL. Whenever you get hit on the outside like that it causes the inside of the knee to widen. I doubt it's a PCL since those are extremely rare and caused when the shin is striked backwards which didn't occur.

Yea PCL is less likely if he wasn't hit in the shin. I thought he was though...? MCL is definitely still likely...I'm just hoping it's a low grade injury. You in the med field dave?

Am I the only person who is a bit freaked out by a guy who calls himself "Leathaface" becoming a doctor? I have this recurring scene in my head going, "Nurse, scalpel... Nurse, suction... Nurse, chainsaw." I guess doctors probably have the best access to high quality skin to wear.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Am I the only person who is a bit freaked out by a guy who calls himself "Leathaface" becoming a doctor? I have this recurring scene in my head going, "Nurse, scalpel... Nurse, suction... Nurse, chainsaw." I guess doctors probably have the best access to high quality skin to wear.

As another 4th year medical student I can say his reasoning is spot on at least. The only issue I have stems from the crappy internet stream I was watching it was hard for me to see exactly where on the knee he was hit.
[ Edited by diablo on Aug 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM ]
Never thought I would say this could a big loss if he misses the start of the season. Jacobs is a much needed short yardage back.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
you are one to talk.

at least Jacobs has acted like an a*****e in public to have people hate the guy. Some 9er fans that bash our players personally are just a bunch of idiots with internet access. They have no basis in their complaints...and are just a bunch of lemmings.

ouch those insults are pretty uncalled for....

lol...... I was thinking that too...
Originally posted by dave1003:
Ok. I am a 4th year med student. I think he either injured his PCL or his patella. But since he already had an xray, his patella is probably ok. The most likely injury is either a bruise (swelling, something that is not serious) OR the PCL injury. I doubt he has a meniscal injury, but that is possible. There's no way in hell he injured his ACL because he was hit from the front. To tear the ACL, you have be hit from the side or from the back. It's extremely rare otherwise.

And so yes, I think he will be fine. 6 week injury I'm guessing.

I think it's more likely an MCL. Whenever you get hit on the outside like that it causes the inside of the knee to widen. I doubt it's a PCL since those are extremely rare and caused when the shin is striked backwards which didn't occur.

Yea PCL is less likely if he wasn't hit in the shin. I thought he was though...? MCL is definitely still likely...I'm just hoping it's a low grade injury. You in the med field dave?

I see pathology in his future! Or mummification!

I never thought of that actually. I originally picked the username Leathaface because when I was a kid, I was a huge Bone thugs (rap group) fan. Now I see how unfitting the name is, lol.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
The time Jacobs misses could mean that Gore will wear down again towards the end of the season. Not cool. I doubt Khunt packs the punch necessary for short yardage downs, but who knows. This injury will also put more pressure on our passing game on 3rd and short.

Why... How hard is it to type K.Hunter. Not cool.

Khunt sounds better

Juvenile Turning a guy's name into something derogatory.

I invented KHunt and you WILL use it, Khunt!!!

or your can view it as the opposite: turning a derogatory term against women into something possitive.....
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

or your can view it as the opposite: turning a derogatory term against women into something possitive.....

Your mama should have taught you better!

So anyways......I kind of saw this coming. This guy is always injured. Not really worth it IMO.

Good thing for Anthony Dixon doe. Not for us.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Who else remembers when Harbaugh said Joshua Morgan would be okay, next thing we hear is he is out for the season?

I hope that's not the case, but all the news accounts here say it's looking good so far. MRI scheduled today, that should go further in figuring out what we have here. I'm pretty sure we're not the only team with bumps and bruises. Harbaugh has done a good job getting a lot of depth in a lot of areas. Teams with good depth make it far into the playoffs, I'm hoping that's the case.

Giedi
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
So anyways......I kind of saw this coming. This guy is always injured. Not really worth it IMO.

Good thing for Anthony Dixon doe. Not for us.

I looked up a bit of Jacob's injury history - man o man he's had some knee injuries! This isn't his first time, it looks like. I hope he didn't reinjure something that was already fixed up. A lot of DB's will be going for his knees because the guy is a giant at the RB position. I'm wondering if he should have been playing with some sort of knee brace during the preseason.

Giedi
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Who else remembers when Harbaugh said Joshua Morgan would be okay, next thing we hear is he is out for the season?

I hope that's not the case, but all the news accounts here say it's looking good so far. MRI scheduled today, that should go further in figuring out what we have here. I'm pretty sure we're not the only team with bumps and bruises. Harbaugh has done a good job getting a lot of depth in a lot of areas. Teams with good depth make it far into the playoffs, I'm hoping that's the case.

Giedi

Harbaugh never said Morgan would be ok. All he said was no MRI was scheduled...when you hear that, it means the Xray definitively showed a break so there's no need for an MRI...and that's obviously a bad thing.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Wow, anybody see the sort of tweets people have been leaving Jacobs? -Sick s**t, and the sad thing is that most of them are Giants fans (not surprised though, cause most of all their fans are all class-less s**t bags, anyways).

https://twitter.com/gatorboy45

Bee Would ‏@vagpenatration
@gatorboy45 I hope it's career ending you f**king hurt bag. Suck 78 dicks you pasty s**t head.

Chef Heaux-Yardee ‏@ImSleepTho
YOU f**kIN PIECE OF s**t!! @gatorboy45

Roshan Shah @sunnyshah013
f**k you @gatorboy45 you deserve that s**t
you are one to talk.

at least Jacobs has acted like an a*****e in public to have people hate the guy. Some 9er fans that bash our players personally are just a bunch of idiots with internet access. They have no basis in their complaints...and are just a bunch of lemmings.

Excuse me? -Am I missing something here? Love the fan 'unity' we have rolling around the zone lately, Rick James would be proud.
fan unity? ha...I wasn't specifically talking about wishing injury on a player (although I believe some would celebrate injuries to some of ours after the fact Dixon, Brock)

but more so unnecessary personally bashing our own players....that happens alot on this forum. AND YOU ARE PART OF THAT PROBLEM. Go ahead and act like you are all about "fan unity", but take the time to go back through your recent post history as well.

Originally posted by BayArea:
ouch those insults are pretty uncalled for....
not really, have you not been reading this forum lately?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone