LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs caravan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
its a thigh bruise he got hit above the knee aat worst is mcl he wont be out more than 6 weekd and thats really the absolute worst case scenario
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Knee injury seemed to look bad as he was helped off the field. Hoping for the best though.

They were saying MCL, I think.

Looked like a deep thigh bruise. A good one can keep you from stretching or flexing that muscle for a couple of weeks. I had a good one and didn't get full muscle mobility for a month. Sort of get a knot in there.
Let's hope it's just that. Didn't look like he got hit on the knee.

Yeah that's what I thought it was too when I saw it (my ghetto term I know it as is getting dead legged) but they were pointing and feeling around the inside of his knee.

That's what I thought as well...deep inner leg bruise. Could be the femur too....crown of his helmet his it squarely.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
its a thigh bruise he got hit above the knee aat worst is mcl he wont be out more than 6 weekd and thats really the absolute worst case scenario

Wow you sound very confident about that. That's what my gut said as well until the trainers came out. I sure hope you're right.
Wow you sound very confident about that. That's what my gut said as well until the trainers came out. I sure hope you're right.

My non professional opinion is to agree with you that it is minor probably sit next pre season game and be good to go come kickoff in Green Bay.
  • dj43
The fact the doctors were probing the medial side of the knee would seem to indicate there was pain there. That ligament group is large and an injury there can be very painful.
Originally posted by dj43:
The fact the doctors were probing the medial side of the knee would seem to indicate there was pain there. That ligament group is large and an injury there can be very painful.

Can we at least pretend that it is no big deal.... please?
I hope it's not serious because Dixion is a bum!!!
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 18, 2012 at 7:35 PM ]
Hoping it is nothing to major. Speedy recovery
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's done for the year.

Originally posted by susweel:
He's done for the year.

Why do I get the feeling you are spreading b******t as usual.
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
I hope it's not serious because Dixion is a bum!!!

Even if Jacobs is badly hurt, it wont improve Dixons chance very much.
He's done for the year.

Could have been a lot worse for Jacobs. He was able to pop out that left leg as he was being hit. Otherwise we would be talking about total knee reconstruction. Lets hope for the best for Jabobs. I was beginning to like Jacobs as a person and player.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Gore_21:
He's done for the year.

Why do I get the feeling you are spreading b******t as usual.

It's my opinion it looked like an acl or broken leg.
Share 49ersWebzone