There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Crabtree ever be this good?

I'll wait until this season to really judge Crabtree. I think Crabs, like Alex, needs system support and conditions to be great in order to really succeed. I don't think he's an elite WR but he def has the chance to be pretty good. He's shown that. Like Alex Smith, he's not a game changer...like say...a Calvin Johnson. No one is going to game plan for Crabtree. The 2nd year in Harbs system with an improved Alex and improved passing game over all will benefit Crabtree and I think he will do well. Will he hit 1000 yards? I dont know. Not because he cant...but because I feel like our offense is more suited to put out 3 receivers with 800 yards as opposed to ONE guy with 1500 yards.
Once he's fully healed he will prove a lot of your wrong
As soon as Crabtree realized hes gonna have to work REALLY HARD to be a top WR, he will be a top WR.. It's all up to Crabs, I still have hope he can be a dominant top 10 WR in the league.
To answer the question at hand , no. To be great in this league you have to be willing to work. He is not. Even if he was he lacks the physical tools to be truly great. Combine those two factors and you have a mediocre (at best) wr in the pros.
Just curious. Does anyone actually know what his 40 yard dash is? Did he ever run one at Tech? He's had to have been timed at some point. I think before his foot injury he would have been somewhere in the 4.4's, probably on the higher end.
no
Crabtree is gonna have a big year this year, I think he is gonna see a lot of time in the slot, he has the moves like jagger. Manningham and Moss on the outside will hopefully open up the middle of the field for Crabtree
Crabtree is very unappreciated by 49er fans. It almost seems like some people don't want to see him succeed. He is already a good WR and his best is yet to come.
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
Crabtree is very unappreciated by 49er fans. It almost seems like some people don't want to see him succeed. He is already a good WR and his best is yet to come.

A record long rookie holdout will do that. Not to mention that he has yet to take part in a training camp. When you start every season like that it makes it hard to succeed. Add it all up and you got a underperforming, underachieving, below average #1 WR. I really do wish he gets his act together because I do believe he can be very good WR, but in my mind I believe he is just collecting paychecks until he becomes a FA and signs with Dallas.

i like crabtree a lot ( you wills ee in my numerous posts that i think he will be a great WR and he just needs a guy opposite of him)

however i am not happy with crabtree at all and im sure a lof of people dont like him and are unappreciative for the same reason why im not happy with him

it has been 3 years and he has only attended a total of 2 OTA 0 TC and no preseason

and since we have to learn a new offense every year he is basically learning as we play games and as a #1 WR that is hurting the passing game
Originally posted by walker807:

A record long rookie holdout will do that. Not to mention that he has yet to take part in a training camp. When you start every season like that it makes it hard to succeed. Add it all up and you got a underperforming, underachieving, below average #1 WR. I really do wish he gets his act together because I do believe he can be very good WR, but in my mind I believe he is just collecting paychecks until he becomes a FA and signs with Dallas.
He has improved every year

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Originally posted by walker807:

he is a merc
Originally posted by susweel:
Nope

He is a lazy player with poor work ethics and also very slow to be a premier WR.
TRADE HIS SORRY AS**** TO THE COWGAYS....HAHAHAHAHAHA FOR A 3ERD PICK

GREETINGS FROM LIMA - PERU
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
Nope

He is a lazy player with poor work ethics and also very slow to be a premier WR.

i tend to agree with you,. i am still holding out hope but he bettter show something this off season. i am also expecting this to turn out to be a alex bashing thread somehow

It's funny that you should agree with someone bashing a player who has been the best we've had since we got him and progresses every year, but relentlessly go to battle for Alex Smith no matter what. You've already attempted to protect him when nobody had even mentioned him. Why is it that you're willing to overlook Alex Smith's struggles, but Crabtree gets no excuses from you?