LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Willis vs. Newton : vote for Willis!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Cam Newton over Patrick Willis
i really wanted him to be on the cover

It's ok if there is any truth to the curse at least we can rest easy knowing he wont be a part of it.
I love you Patrick, but I'm glad you lost. Call it a curse or a crazy string of coincidences, I don't care. That fact is that the Madden cover is bad juju.
Everyone vote for Aaron Rodgers now!!!
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I wanted rodgers to be on the cover
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Calvin Johnson beat Rodgers LOL
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Calvin Johnson beat Rodgers LOL

f**k! Lol
This really bums me out. Patrick Willis really wanted that cover, and he would have gotten it if it wasn't for the fact that there are dumb a** fans who believe in curses. If the Niner fans all voted for him like they should have, he would have taken it. He deserved the cover. Alright, my rant is over.
Originally posted by daragon:
This really bums me out. Patrick Willis really wanted that cover, and he would have gotten it if it wasn't for the fact that there are dumb a** fans who believe in curses. If the Niner fans all voted for him like they should have, he would have taken it. He deserved the cover. Alright, my rant is over.

History doesnt lie.

Glad Cam beat him out! PLus, you can always make your own covers. They have templates all over the internet.
He could get hurt this year anyway becuase he plays hard. His own fans not voting for him was classless
Willis will get a SB trophy as consolation prize.

Voting was fairly close. Shame on you who voted against him. It would have been great to see him on the cover.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Willis will get a SB trophy as consolation prize.

finally a post that makes sense in this thread
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
History doesnt lie.

Glad Cam beat him out! PLus, you can always make your own covers. They have templates all over the internet.

That's not the same lol. History really doesn't lie, the last time a linebacker was on the cover it was Ray Lewis and he was perfectly f**king fine that year. Classless fans voting against their own player is depressing. Willis got hurt without being on the damn cover and there's a good chance this year is going to be a bounce back year for him. He wanted it and he deserves the recognition.

The problem with the "history" is people generally get on the cover for one statistically booming season. If you think of stats on a scale, it's kind of like a wave in variation of stats from year to year. So if you put a guy on the cover when he's had a healthy year and is peaking statistically, generally they fall the following year whether it's because of injury or whatever. A bunch of the "cursed" players are one-hit wonders- guys who peaked and then fell right out of the NFL, or mcnabb type of veterans who had one good run then fell apart, Willis does not fall in with these type of players.
championship!!!!
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by daragon:

History doesnt lie.

LOL who does that? Making your own Madden cover sounds so lame...
Share 49ersWebzone