There are 234 users in the forums

locks to make roster

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
How is this even considered prior to the draft?

I think the OP is trying to figure out if the niners need to trade down and draft more bodies, stay pat and get bpa, or trade up and fill remaining spots with UDFA and vets.
whoever doesnt think randy moss or brandon jacobs is not going to make the 53 man roster is a dam fool. everyone here in the bay is estatic that we have picked them up including manningham...

im personally tired of hearing posters from half way around the world voice there 1 opinion on a forum and make it look like these players are trash when us in the bay area are happy they are here.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
whoever doesnt think randy moss or brandon jacobs is not going to make the 53 man roster is a dam fool. everyone here in the bay is estatic that we have picked them up including manningham...

im personally tired of hearing posters from half way around the world voice there 1 opinion on a forum and make it look like these players are trash when us in the bay area are happy they are here.

Not much sense, you aren't not making.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
alex isn't a lock. he gets beat out by Kaep, JJ and Tolzien.
If Byham is fully recovered, he would also be a lock IMO. As a rookie he was already being looked at as one of the best blocking TE's in the league and can play FB in a pinch while shwing decent hands. If we draft a guy like Fleener, we'll probably keep 4 TE's but mix that position pool with RB's(fullback/Hbacks) similar to GB. They have their primary starters, in our case VD & Miller, and then for depth they choose the best guys who can play both TE & FB, in our case Walker, Byham, and possibly a rookie.

Moves like letting Reggie Smith and Williams walk will provide an additional roster spot as long as Spillman and Jones prove they are capable depth at safety. etc.

It means regardless of how the draft plays out, these guys are safe...
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

I think both make it, but if Moss plain ole sucks and since his deal isnt guaranteed at all, we would save 2,5M by just cutting him. Jacobs I'm waiting to see.
Originally posted by susweel:

nope
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by susweel:

nope

He has a good shot just look at his fluid motion.
Originally posted by andes14:

It means regardless of how the draft plays out, these guys are safe...

No kidding. And my point is what if we get another player, draft or signing from another camp, and they are no longer needed. This is so early it is not really a lock, other than the stars.

I think you guys just want to make a thread early that lasts a long time.

No kidding. And my point is what if we get another player, draft or signing from another camp, and they are no longer needed. This is so early it is not really a lock, other than the stars.

I think you guys just want to make a thread early that lasts a long time.

offseason
Share 49ersWebzone