LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Possibilities of SF hosting Super Bowl L in 2016??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Doubt it, think I saw they want to have it established by the end of the year. I don't think they will without the stadium built. But I'm just a dumbass on an internet forum, most of the time my kind don't know s**t from pound cake or stink from sweet pink.
new orleans shold be banned for a decade from hosting the SB....yes, punish that idiotic fanbase mercilessly
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
look at the stupidities written by this obvious agent for jerry jones and the dallas cowboys:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1068092-nfl-santa-clara-could-bring-rainy-day-for-super-bowl-l-in-2016

yet it will be perfectly fine in dallas (where it snowed in 2011) and NJ (where it will snow) ! whoever wrote this fluff should be righteously murdered

look I'd love for it to come to the Bay Area...but if Goodell is trying to make this SuperBowl special with pre-game shows and a crazy halftime show....then they will not take the chance of having it in an out door stadium. Be is SF or Miami. It would not be work the risk.

I think they will have it in Arizona. So that whole SuperBowl week will also have ok weather. Like you said, it snowed in Dallas...and it has rained in Miami.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
look at the stupidities written by this obvious agent for jerry jones and the dallas cowboys:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1068092-nfl-santa-clara-could-bring-rainy-day-for-super-bowl-l-in-2016

yet it will be perfectly fine in dallas (where it snowed in 2011) and NJ (where it will snow) ! whoever wrote this fluff should be righteously murdered

look I'd love for it to come to the Bay Area...but if Goodell is trying to make this SuperBowl special with pre-game shows and a crazy halftime show....then they will not take the chance of having it in an out door stadium. Be is SF or Miami. It would not be work the risk.

I think they will have it in Arizona. So that whole SuperBowl week will also have ok weather. Like you said, it snowed in Dallas...and it has rained in Miami.

Arizona already has Super Bowl XLIX the year before so no
Originally posted by adamcarrillo1:

Holy s**t those lyrics are terrible. I fear for the youth of this country... cause that's the best they could come up with?!?! What happened to good rap music?
Would've gotten it if Peyton Had come. Now - Doubtful
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Would've gotten it if Peyton Had come. Now - Doubtful

peyton will be retired by a cheap shot raider hit by september so no
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Arizona already has Super Bowl XLIX the year before so no
well then...
Originally posted by Youngb:
Within a few years of the new stadium being completed, the Super Bowl will be held there. Why would anyone think otherwise? Seriously.

No doubt
Originally posted by kingairta:
Not enough seats at candle stick. And no I dont want our stadium to be hosting the SB. The hosting city has never had their team in the SB. I dont want to make it any harder then necessary for our beloved team to play in the SB.

I can feel and understand ur logic on why not,but I believe if anybody can break that streak,we could.
But really im lookn at it from a revenue standpoint also.All these other teams rake in tons of money SB week.

50th Super Bowl = Golden Anniversary = should be held @ the home stadium of the team known for gold

no, jerry jones you can't have it again....the super bowl in dallas SUCKED!

Definately +1.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
we were too, the raiders vs bucs superbowl in san diego was supposed to be in sf

Yea I believe that got nixed cuz we didnt get the propsed building that was on the table then built in time.thats partly why I started the thread.IF we're not scheduled to be done till after they vote on SB 50,can we still b a viable option,even if itll be done 2 years prior('14)??
heard it might be this May (or May 2013) can't remember, NFL spokesperson on the NBC article says May '13...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/nfl-plans-spectacular-super-bowl-l/

this article breaks down the site-by-site advantages (santa clara has a "good" shot)
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-02-13/super-bowl-l-site-by-site-look-at-2016-possibilities
lmfao, new orleans (again?!) HELL NO!!

Great links dude,thanks.
If they vote as late as May'13,and HOPEFULLY we'll be done in a year later,sounds kinda 50-50.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Not enough seats at candle stick. And no I dont want our stadium to be hosting the SB. The hosting city has never had their team in the SB. I dont want to make it any harder then necessary for our beloved team to play in the SB.

That's 2016. Let's win every super bowl Til than. Instead of fearing us not make it
50th Super Bowl = Golden Anniversary = should be held @ the home stadium of the team known for gold

no, jerry jones you can't have it again....the super bowl in dallas SUCKED!

Everything in Dallas sucks!
Share 49ersWebzone