LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

last year

Last year they won the Super Bowl, so they somehow made it work. TAKE THAT!!!!

lol
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Another veteran player. Like Moss, Johnson, Cox, and Cartwright, this addition is relatively low risk, adds depth, and increases competition. Most importantly, it opens up the whole board on draft day so we can go after the best player available or take advantage of trade offers. Baalke is clearly intent on building through the draft and supplementing with Free Agency. The Front Office is starting to look a lot like New England, Green Bay, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal81:
Your right Ghost. I could also see some naked bootlegs by Smith on short yardage situations
not likely.did you not get the memo yesterday that shaun hill is a much better runner than alex smith? Back to topic, dixon has underachieved his whole short career with the niners. You know maybe after our numerous failed times drafting someone to spell gore like cofffee and dixon, they just opted to go a different route. this guy has produced while dixon sets there with his "potential" and his tweets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont get his move at all, I would have rather them drafted a RB or get someone else.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Moss, Manningham, Jacobs if any of them start getting out of line they will get to know Patrick Willis and Justin Smith.

More likely, they'll get to know Braylon. Somewhere other than 49ers HQ.
Better then Dixon for sure but nothing special at all. Giants fans around here could not wait to get rid of him and his big mouth.

I was also told by a friend that used to cut his lawn that growing up Jacobs was a big 49er fan.
[ Edited by JBatta49erfansince81 on Mar 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM ]
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Interesting, did Jacobs even visit the 9ers? This would have to be a well covered up signing to just come to light now. Yeah as someone mentioned hes going to be great in short yardage but he can break the long ones to.

Jacobs might have spotted a couple of 'hoodies' following him....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont get his move at all, I would have rather them drafted a RB or get someone else.
it does free up a mid round draft pick to get someone like a safety which we need or maybe even an extra wideout.I think this is a band aid move to spell gore this year, which we can afford to do since gore is still more than respectable. i think next year is the year we get serious and look for a running back and prepare for gore to retire
No more Dixon Tweets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One can hope right.... lol!!!
Gore - Thunder

Hunter - Lightning

Jacobs and Dixon - slightly chill winds after the storm?

Originally posted by Schulzy:
last year

This video is old @0:55 You can clearly see that we didnt play the Giants IN NJ This Year.
[ Edited by 94605NiNer on Mar 28, 2012 at 9:07 AM ]
Can he play right guard?

I am not sure why the team continues to add low character guys (Moss, Cox). Jacobs was a malcontent last year, and I am not sure how he is going to suddenly be happier playing behind Frank Gore, rather than Ahmad Bradshaw.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM ]
Ugh, one of my least favorite RBs... signing old, retread players is probably the worst idea at the RB position.
Originally posted by 228niner:
Gore - Thunder

Hunter - Lightning

Jacobs and Dixon - slightly chill winds after the storm?

lol
Share 49ersWebzone