LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Allx9er:
For the love of god if the dude is healthy he needs to play. No more effing head games with the players if that IS the case. I would take Jacob's and his running ability w/ this line over the read option. Mutha******s always doing some goofy cute ish.

This MO they have created might backfire with future FA's
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
For the love of god if the dude is healthy he needs to play. No more effing head games with the players if that IS the case. I would take Jacob's and his running ability w/ this line over the read option. Mutha******s always doing some goofy cute ish.

How so? By picking up a 30 year old running back that was benched last year, that nobody, not even his own team that just won a superbowl with wanted, the guy we gave a 1 year deal to to see if he could make the team. FA's wouldn'd want to come here because we didn't play a guy that no other team wanted?
Originally posted by pd24:

How so? By picking up a 30 year old running back that was benched last year, that nobody, not even his own team that just won a superbowl with wanted, the guy we gave a 1 year deal to to see if he could make the team. FA's wouldn'd want to come here because we didn't play a guy that no other team wanted?

You sign players and then not use them....I wouldn't come because sitting on the bench wastes your career.

Healthy Jacobs sits
Healthy Moss doesn't get used

would you like me to go on?
  • pd24
  • Veteran

You sign players and then not use them....I wouldn't come because sitting on the bench wastes your career.

Healthy Jacobs sits

Go on. Tell me what options these 2 guys had? Look at guys like TO or Chad. These 2 are lucky to be in the NFL right now. Teams are replacing old guys with younger ones. It's not like we brought in some stud FA and didn't play them. Manningham was brought in to play and he has been playin a big role. We all knew Moss and Jacobs were long shots to even make the team.

If you think jacobs is washed up or has zero left in the tank i would have to disagree. He signed with us because we offered more cash idk how many other suitors were out there but we offered the most so he signed with us. Well, as for signing him just to see what he could do? he made the opening day roster with no value besides what he can do out of the backfield. He made the team. If the staff/fo wanted to tie up a roster spot and cash for ishts n giggles then im at a loss for words.

Healthy Jacobs sits

Go on. Tell me what options these 2 guys had? Look at guys like TO or Chad. These 2 are lucky to be in the NFL right now. Teams are replacing old guys with younger ones. It's not like we brought in some stud FA and didn't play them. Manningham was brought in to play and he has been playin a big role. We all knew Moss and Jacobs were long shots to even make the team.
Long shots? They made the team and Moss gets respect on the field. Jacobs could play for many teams and right now hes being wasted and wasting a roster spot.
Why does everyone assume Jacobs is ready to go? He is still listed as questionable on the injury report.
Originally posted by JBrack:
Why does everyone assume Jacobs is ready to go? He is still listed as questionable on the injury report.

He said he was fine and I believe him. Jim plays games on the injury report, we all know that.
Is he a DR? Can he clear himself to play?

Playing games with the injury report? What is there to possibly gain by putting Jacobs on the injury report and not having him play? That makes no sense what so ever to me. Please do explain....
why do some believe he has earned any playing time? We didn't see much from him in preseason...the coaches are the ones who watched him in training camp....it just seems to me that the coaching staff are happy with what they have now.

he lost weight, and he seems like he was a good teammate who set a good example as a vet in training camp and OTAs....but has he earned playing time ahead of anyone else of our RBs?

Originally posted by JBrack:
Is he a DR? Can he clear himself to play?

Playing games with the injury report? What is there to possibly gain by putting Jacobs on the injury report and not having him play? That makes no sense what so ever to me. Please do explain....

I'm sure he knows if he has pain in his knee and ankle...if it was that bad the Dr would recommended he go on IR or PUP.

Easy, teams prepare for him...wasting their time. If he was out they wouldn't prepare.
I'm sure he knows if he has pain in his knee and ankle...if it was that bad the Dr would recommended he go on IR or PUP.

Easy, teams prepare for him...wasting their time. If he was out they wouldn't prepare.

Not sure what they would have to prepare for. Jacobs is a down hill guy that you can either stop or not in short yardage situations. He is far from a feature back in SF, therefore he would require little to no game plan.

Im just not getting the whole conspiracy theory on this thing.
Cut his a$$ and get some more special teams help. We do not need him
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
is he finally active for this game?
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Cut his a$$ and get some more special teams help. We do not need him

This

We're fine with Hunter and Dixon as backups to frank, we dont need Jacobs
Share 49ersWebzone