There are 275 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Cut his a$$ and get some more special teams help. We do not need him

This

We're fine with Hunter and Dixon as backups to frank, we dont need Jacobs
If the SB came down to 1 yd who would you give the ball to on a running play? Gore, Hunter, Dixon or Jacobs?

I dont know about you but I know whos number im calling.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
For the love of god if the dude is healthy he needs to play. No more effing head games with the players if that IS the case. I would take Jacob's and his running ability w/ this line over the read option. Mutha******s always doing some goofy cute ish.

This MO they have created might backfire with future FA's
How so? By picking up a 30 year old running back that was benched last year, that nobody, not even his own team that just won a superbowl with wanted, the guy we gave a 1 year deal to to see if he could make the team. FA's wouldn'd want to come here because we didn't play a guy that no other team wanted?

You sign players and then not use them....I wouldn't come because sitting on the bench wastes your career.

Healthy Jacobs sits
Healthy Moss doesn't get used

would you like me to go on?
Go on. Tell me what options these 2 guys had? Look at guys like TO or Chad. These 2 are lucky to be in the NFL right now. Teams are replacing old guys with younger ones. It's not like we brought in some stud FA and didn't play them. Manningham was brought in to play and he has been playin a big role. We all knew Moss and Jacobs were long shots to even make the team.
Long shots? They made the team and Moss gets respect on the field. Jacobs could play for many teams and right now hes being wasted and wasting a roster spot.

He could but no other team went after him.
I'd like to see him play, whenever it's 3rd and 1 I start wishing he was active. We do not need Celek, especially with Dobbs active
Originally posted by JBrack:

This

If the SB came down to 1 yd who would you give the ball to on a running play? Gore, Hunter, Dixon or Jacobs?

so......why didn't the Giants want to bring him back?
Originally posted by matt49er:
I'd like to see him play, whenever it's 3rd and 1 I start wishing he was active. We do not need Celek, especially with Dobbs active

Yes.

This

Well, with no playing time it certainly wouldn't be Jacobs. Frank, probably.

This

Alex Smith on an end around.
Give him the ball on 3rd downs and goal lines, instead of wasting it on CK, which everyone has tape on already now.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Oct 18, 2012 at 7:14 AM ]
This

I will agree we need help on the special teams coverage units but Jacobs has a place on this team too. How many times has the offense been at a 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 situations and come up short? Way too many times. Now Gore has gotten better on 3rd down and short but Jacobs is money. More 1st downs means more offense, more offense means more big plays, more big plays means more points, more points means more wins, more wins means more championships.
Originally posted by vermonator:
This

I will agree we need help on the special teams coverage units but Jacobs has a place on this team too. How many times has the offense been at a 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 situations and come up short? Way too many times. Now Gore has gotten better on 3rd down and short but Jacobs is money. More 1st downs means more offense, more offense means more big plays, more big plays means more points, more points means more wins, more wins means more championships.

Jacobs can't help if he is inactive.

Originally posted by Afrikan:

This

so......why didn't the Giants want to bring him back?
$$$
I'm sure he knows if he has pain in his knee and ankle...if it was that bad the Dr would recommended he go on IR or PUP.

Easy, teams prepare for him...wasting their time. If he was out they wouldn't prepare.

Not sure what they would have to prepare for. Jacobs is a down hill guy that you can either stop or not in short yardage situations. He is far from a feature back in SF, therefore he would require little to no game plan.

Im just not getting the whole conspiracy theory on this thing.
A guy his size would require more men in the box

This

you say that like Gore's a bad option.
Please, activate him tonight.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
We should start a betting line on if Jacobs is active tonight and if now how many games he will be active for over the course of the season. I'm still saying that we activate him and in favor of Haggans. OLB is manageable with Dobbs, Gooden, Grant, even Spillman or Cox(in nickel or dime), and super emergency Bruce Miller reprising his role as 2x C-USA DPOY lol......All kidding aside I'm thinking we finally see Jacobs tonight.
Share 49ersWebzone