There are 202 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't think you can say that about a guy holding a Championship ring. This move just tells me we are open to options & waiting til next year to focus a high draft pick for Gore's replacement
[ Edited by KEGster on Apr 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM ]
?

gnitsop sdrawkcab
[ Edited by KEGster on Apr 1, 2012 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Cruz has 1 Ring. And Jacobs was a part of their success. Jacobs is a bit of a big mouth, but he backs it up. I like him as short yardage situations. Should do better than Dixon has been doing.

Also Rock Cartwright is a Special Teamer, we can keep 5 backs(Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, Miller and Cartwright). All would be active on gameday.

I like the signing also. If anything, put gore and jacobs in the backfield at the same time during short yardage, and the defense will stack the line, (again), but then toss one over the defense to Moss!! I think it gives the defense more to think about, and I just don't like when Dixon has been in, he hasn't shown crap.
[ Edited by jeepzilla on Apr 1, 2012 at 7:19 PM ]
What some people don't understand is that Jacobs was a 'cap casualty' for the Giants (even despite slight decline within the past year), Giants wanted to keep Jacobs, but he wouldn't re-structure his contract (which was back-loaded).

Jacobs is the best 'compliment' RB in the NFL (doesn't demand the ball every rushing snap like a diva), he'll never be a complete starter (specially at this point), but he can take half the snaps of a starter (or of anybody else in the RB scheme) and produce those tough 3rd-down-conversions at 1:56 left in the game when the opposing team has 2 time-outs left.

This is a solid signing, the best teams have talented role depth at every position.
forreeal though.. whoever doesnt like the signing is just speaking of pure "own feeling" of not liking the guy himself, not his football ability the guy has averaged 5.0+ yards a carry half of his career. (thats not including his rookie year) His other 3 years were also very respectable with 3.5+ yards a carry. So once again if you dont like the signing its simply because you have a personal opinion against the guy himself and not the football ability he brings to this football team...
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
forreeal though.. whoever doesnt like the signing is just speaking of pure "own feeling" of not liking the guy himself, not his football ability the guy has averaged 5.0+ yards a carry half of his career. (thats not including his rookie year) His other 3 years were also very respectable with 3.5+ yards a carry. So once again if you dont like the signing its simply because you have a personal opinion against the guy himself and not the football ability he brings to this football team...

I personally don't like his big mouth, but he is a good player, so I am fine with the signing, another low risk high reward deal. Could help us tremendously.
I dont dislike jacobs, I guess I get it if something happens to gore. We'll need power and Dixon isn't that great. Just wondering what they will do with Hunter and what they see for him in the future? he seemed to do pretty well for us, but maybe i'm wrong too...who knows.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I dont dislike jacobs, I guess I get it if something happens to gore. We'll need power and Dixon isn't that great. Just wondering what they will do with Hunter and what they see for him in the future? he seemed to do pretty well for us, but maybe i'm wrong too...who knows.

I don' think Hunter can be an every down back. He is a speed guy, like Sproles. Hunter should be used to spell Gore, where Jacobs as goal line/3rd and short yardage plays.

Dixon was good in 2010, but was bad in 2011. I don't get it.
Brandon Jacobs interview on joining the 49ers

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/04/06/jacobs-excited-to-join-49ers-after-rooting-for-them-since-he-was-8-wants-ball-on-goal-line/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
  • mike
  • Veteran
I don' think Hunter can be an every down back. He is a speed guy, like Sproles. Hunter should be used to spell Gore, where Jacobs as goal line/3rd and short yardage plays.

I do think Hunter can take most of the carries once Gore is finished, minus the red-zone short yardage runs like you said. It's not a matter of not being able to take the pounding as much as just not being a big grinder to push the pile for the important couple inches.

In other words, I still have hope that Hunter could be a Ray Rice type of back, keep in mind Rice had a short yardage back in McGahee for several years.

he reminds me more of brian westbrook than sproles who was an every down back

that being said next draft i would love to get a guy like monte ball (lattimore isnt happening)
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/04/06/jacobs-excited-to-join-49ers-after-rooting-for-them-since-he-was-8-wants-ball-on-goal-line/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

So he's been a 49ers fan since he was eight and still cheered for them as a player. Jacobs: 1. Willis: 0.

Nice
  • jmerl
  • Veteran
Jacobs not only fits very well with what we need but he is a GREAT locker room guy. He plays with a ton of passion and has proven he's a winner. Gore cant go the whole season without getting banged up and this ensures we will still have a power runner there to go with Hunter when Frank has to take some time off (inevitable). He also is a great short yardage option obviously and a guy the defense has to key on when he's in the game. I love this signing.
happy to have him her. I think he will show up big this year.

love that he is a Niner fan! you know the man will bring his A game for this team ( his favorite team) gonna be a great year!
Share 49ersWebzone