There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

He will be a #3 back, getting short yardage carries. I would rather have him than a rookie.
Having people who suck is risky. If they don't believe in Dixon fine, but we're much better off drafting a young guy
with no baggage. Yeah He's got rings. He's also got a shi**y attitude, no moves and not much power.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Did you see who was downfield? Plaxico Burress. How many years ago was he trucking anybody. Look he's not good anymore. He's better than Dixon
but now Kendall Hunter loses some snaps for the garbage loudmouth. This is a bad move. I had to rewind it when I first heard about this. I was hoping they said Raiders, but they said 49ers. I immediately started cursing. Money down the drain. Where are the stats that tell you this guys will get you the 1st down when you need it.

wow dude, its a 1 year deal he can be cut anytime, theres no risk.....calm down

this is the problem I have with this....loading the roster with 1-2 year deals eats into the final 53, this signing just stopped us from taking a RB in the draft IMO

I disagree, they could easily cut Dixon and draft a late round RB who will play special teams as well.
Nice pickup for the off-season competition.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
5 rushes for 13 yards vs. SF in the championship game. Some production.

You know we had the #1 rush D, right?

Nobody can run through our D.

Exactly, As I have stated I'm not a fan of this signing, but as far as complaining about his production in that game, I think we need to remember who he was playing against.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I hope we still draft a RB to be the #3 guy. I'm not a fan of Jacobs at all. He's probably the slowest RB in the league, and doesn't bulldoze over people like he used to. He's not even that effective on short-yardage situations anymore. I've seen way too many plays where a defender barely touches him, and he crumbles to the ground.

where would we put another RB?

Gore
Hunter
Dixon
Jacobs
Rock
and Miller at FB

agreed. We won't be drafting a 3rd-4th rd RB or a RB who would compete. The team IMO will keep 5 backs(Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, Cartwright and Miller).
Nvm wrong thread
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Mar 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM ]
Did you see who was downfield? Plaxico Burress. How many years ago was he trucking anybody. Look he's not good anymore. He's better than Dixon
but now Kendall Hunter loses some snaps for the garbage loudmouth. This is a bad move. I had to rewind it when I first heard about this. I was hoping they said Raiders, but they said 49ers. I immediately started cursing. Money down the drain. Where are the stats that tell you this guys will get you the 1st down when you need it.

this is the problem I have with this....loading the roster with 1-2 year deals eats into the final 53, this signing just stopped us from taking a RB in the draft IMO

Why does it necessarily stop them from drafting one especially if one drops to them that they covet?

Still, I hear you man.
Won't make the team
Originally posted by AthensGaNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Moss, Manningham, Jacobs if any of them start getting out of line they will get to know Patrick Willis and Justin Smith.

More likely, they'll get to know Braylon. Somewhere other than 49ers HQ.

I would also add Vernon and Joe. Pat, Justin, Vernon, and Joe are all leaders who transend their side of the ball to become team leaders. They will have the locker room on lockdown.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

/

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
I've always been fascinated by Jacobs. He's just so tall for a running back.

I mean... the guy must have had bricks for hands coming into college, right?

I've read that his hands have improved over the years with the Giants. Not to say that they're good, just not as awful. Anybody who watches him a lot agree with that?
Originally posted by ninertico:

Why does it necessarily stop them from drafting one especially if one drops to them that they covet?

Still, I hear you man.

Because a rookie wont beat out Gore, Hunter, Miller, or Jacobs for playing time. Rock will be a ST guy so we dont have the room on the roster for another guy...cant keep 6 RB's on the 53, we dont have the space.

I disagree, they could easily cut Dixon and draft a late round RB who will play special teams as well.

do the math...we have 6 on the roster right now
Wasted roster spot. Won't matter if Hunter remains Gore's backup.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home