LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
And you know this how? Why not just sign a UDFA if we just want a camp body or someone to get a "yard or two?"

Because he is a 30 year old 265 pound one trick pony and we signed him to a minimum deal. Just an educated guess I suppose. Open to debate.

Why sign an UDFA when you can have a veteran who can get the job done? The 49ers are obviously thinking win now.
But you just said he was a camp body.
I see some of the same type of comments when they signed Carlos Rogers, Whitner, and Costanzo last year. People need to be open minded about FA signing. Some of these late signings are more of a 'sign and try' type. Sometimes it works out like Rogers, other time it's like the Braylon Edwards one.

#!
Originally posted by pd24:
And you know this how? Why not just sign a UDFA if we just want a camp body or someone to get a "yard or two?"

Because he is a 30 year old 265 pound one trick pony and we signed him to a minimum deal. Just an educated guess I suppose. Open to debate.

Why sign an UDFA when you can have a veteran who can get the job done? The 49ers are obviously thinking win now.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Lol wow. I guess you guys don't like me very much.

Here it is, I tried to break it down into simpler components for you.

Camp body: Someone who is under contract who may or may not make the team.

Brandon Jacobs/Anthony Dixon: No guarantee to make the team. Whoever does will most likely assume a reserve role.

My opinion: I would rather have a veteran like Jacobs or Dixon as the 3rd RB over an UDFA**

** An UDFA would also be considered a camp body.

Everything check out ok with you fellas?
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM ]
Gotta agree with the above posters. Ive seen pretty much every snap of Jacobs career living 10 minutes from the Meadowlands. The "Tip Toe Burglar" is not an upgrade over Dixon. Not sure what the FO is thinking, but gotta back them. Best case scenario is that this pushes Dixon to become more of a North South hammer.
I have a feeling this is what we are all thinking in terms of Jacobs:

1. But there's a little hope he can really truck the opponent for us.
2. It is about a 50-50 on whether or not he will come through and actually truck someone.
3. Meh, he probably won't truck anyone considering his NFL career...low risk...give it a try.
Our closer . . .
This is the Brandon Jacobs Harbaugh is gonna get

Originally posted by adrenaline:
Our closer . . .

Of the Houston Astros...best case he's a closer by committee. Seriously, this guy is garbage.

Thank you.

Brandon Jacobs/Anthony Dixon: No guarantee to make the team. Whoever does will most likely assume a reserve role.

My opinion: I would rather have a veteran like Jacobs or Dixon as the 3rd RB over an UDFA**

id still rather take the rookie who is fresh. jacobs has been on the decline and hes soft as f**k for a guy his size. hunter seems like hes got more toughness than this guy even tho hes as big as one of jacobs legs. RB is an easy position to fill with the draft, they should still draft one
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
This is the Brandon Jacobs Harbaugh is gonna get

Sure he looks great when there are huge holes, he has a head of steam and gets to truck a 180lb DB. I wish they had lowlights of him on youtube. I cant count the amount of times I watched Giants games and he was tackled behind the line of scrimmage or for no gain.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
id still rather take the rookie who is fresh. jacobs has been on the decline and hes soft as f**k for a guy his size. hunter seems like hes got more toughness than this guy even tho hes as big as one of jacobs legs. RB is an easy position to fill with the draft, they should still draft one

I respect your opinion. I think Jacobs still has some carries left in the tank. I would rather Dixon step up than anything, but I think the 49ers go into camp with at least 5 tailbacks
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM ]

Thank you.

No need to take things so personally...you stated something as it was factual, I merely asked how you knew this to be true. You replied with your opinion...good enough for me, even if I disagree.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone