LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

2012 49ers WR Corps

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Uh, what? He got run out of NY because of his inability to run routes.

He was also the Giants #4 last year.
that is just false, i am sorry,, please show me where he got ran out of new york, please stop that nonsense. i am the king of nonsense here and i can spot that stuff a mile away
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Current Depth Chart

1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

Even with Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn Jr., and Kyle Williams... I'm still not satisfied with the 49ers WR depth! I'd add 2 more in the draft. I'm not banking on Randy Moss making the 49ers 53-man roster! And Ted Ginn is primarily a return man on special teams, NOTHING MORE.
Agreed!!

1. Michael Crabtree - Not a real #1. Too many excuses made for him. Don't work hard at all. Not into the playbook, and it shows on the field. Inconsistant hands. Bad route-running. Can't get separation against even average CB's. Plays more like a #3 than #1 or 2.
2. Randy Moss - Over the hill. Quitter. Not a hard worker. Quitter. Limited route tree. Quitter. Not a team guy. Quitter. Not a blocker. And oh yeah, Quitter.
3. Mario Manningham - Legit #2 guy. Good replacement for Morgan. Consistant. Has to prove he can be a #1. Our best option at WR at the moment.
4. Kyle Williams - One of the better slot guys in the NFL. Solid #3. Has to prove he can be a #2. Very tough and playes bigger than his size. Good, and willing, blocker.
5. Ted Ginn - One of the best return guys in the NFL. Cannot be counted on to be a WR outside of the Jet-Sweep. Needs to concentrate on cornering the return market and be happy with that.

Our WR situation is still no better than last season. Moss isn't long-term, so that signing bothers me. And I'm not counting on Moss making the 53 man roster either. All said, we still need to get two WR out of the draft (one in the 1st I think).

Should be:
1. Manningham/Draft pick
2. Draft pick/Manningham
3. Williams/Crabtree/Moss (if he make the 53 roster)
4. Crabtree/Draft pick
5. Draft pick/Ginn

I'm glad that someone sees it the same way!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Current Depth Chart

1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

Even with Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn Jr., and Kyle Williams... I'm still not satisfied with the 49ers WR depth! I'd add 2 more in the draft. I'm not banking on Randy Moss making the 49ers 53-man roster! And Ted Ginn is primarily a return man on special teams, NOTHING MORE.

I agree
Originally posted by susweel:
Current Depth Chart

1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

I agree

Swap Crabtree and Manningham and i agree.
Great wr core we have a number 2 in manningham and number 2 who could be a number 1 in crabtree and at the very least a great vertical threat in moss even if he doesnt produce that much. That is a very good top 3 with williams being an ok 4th. Most likely our rookie wr will be around 4th or 5th on the depth chart so we are definitely going to be pretty set at wr. Alex can finally hit an open wr besides vd. All of our other wrs have trouble getting seperation. Now we have moss and manningham who dont have any trouble getting open.

That is all we needed to get and win a sb.....yes even with williams at kr and pr.
add tommy streeter and we are good!!!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Current Depth Chart

1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

I agree

Swap Crabtree and Manningham and i agree.

It's just a general list... There's no order to it.
  • ak49
I think its pretty hard to say which receiver will do what. I'd atleast like to see them over training camp to be able to determine who should be what.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Crabtree is a number 2. He would be a perfect compliment to a Mike Wallace

Not for the price Wallace wants!!

That's like saying o im just not going to over pay for jerry rice.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Rice was the best WR ever and even he never asked for over 8 years 120 mill. Come on bro.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Rice was the best WR ever and even he never asked for over 8 years 120 mill. Come on bro.

He should have, but that was also long ago. The point of the draft cap is to spend money on the players that deserve it.
At WR Gimme Jefferey in the 2nd, and Akpla in the 7th.
Originally posted by mebemused:
Now that we have Moss, I would definitely draft a receiver with similar size and speed, cause the opportunity to be mentored by Moss could inspire a rookie receiver to be as good as he can be. Look at TO as a rookie working with Jerry Rice. Or, Justin Smith's influence on Ray McDonald and Ricky Jean Francios.

Just Crabtree......Thats all I want for him to be a sponge and soak up all what Moss has to offer.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by dave1003:
The guy will never be a 1. Best case scenario he becomes a 2. I would take manningham over him right now. Better route runner, better hands, faster. He was the giants 3 last year and look what he did in the playoffs.

Uh, what? He got run out of NY because of his inability to run routes.

He was also the Giants #4 last year.
Manningham was the #3. Idk the reasoning Manningham wasn't signed, but as far as fan views are concerned, Giants fans had mixed feelings about the type of player Mann was. I don't think anyone can speak for the Giants FO, I do know the Giants wanted to resign him but for less than what the Rams and Niners were willing to give. The Giants didn't have much cap room to work with and with Ramses Barden and Devin Thomas moving up the depth chart, I don't believe the Giants felt hard pressed to resign him.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Mar 24, 2012 at 12:25 PM ]
Current Depth Chart

1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

I agree
This
Share 49ersWebzone