There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign QB Josh Johnson

Originally posted by foreign49er:
Really excited that one of his main reasons for coming here was the coaching staff. Two years ago we had players retiring because of our coaching staff.

That is nice, big difference.
This isn't a complicated move, Harbaugh is a guy who groom's QB's. Andy Reid has that same reputation in the league. The Eagles consistently develop and trade qb's for draft picks as teams feel their QB's are well prepared and seem to trade for them (see kolb and even aj feeley were traded for 2nd rd picks)

Harbaugh is a QB groomer, the niners are taking on as many talented qb's on the roster to groom and let them compete, and if/when the opportunity comes up we can move a QB for a high draft pick.

This isn't a move that speaks negatively of Kaepernick or anything of the sort, the goal is to have as much talent as possible at the QB position on all levels of the depth chart. Competition breeds success.
I think S. Tolzien showed great promise in preseason last year . Guess we will see who gets cut after preseason . I don't like josh johnson
Originally posted by susweel:
If they get rid of Tolzien this team can go to hell.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Really? Are you a Tolzien fan or a 49ers fan? You never cease to amaze me susweel.

Do you really think you know more about QB's than Harbaugh?

THIS!
I think Josh Johnson will be ok. But I am nowhere near excited about this signing as some other people on here are.
Originally posted by iLL49er:

This isn't a move that speaks negatively of Kaepernick or anything of the sort, the goal is to have as much talent as possible at the QB position on all levels of the depth chart. Competition breeds success.

Exactly! Such a simple concept yet so complicated for many on the zone to comprehend.
You can't put someone of his stature on a practice squad.
Originally posted by Jcool:
What is with 49ers fans and loving unproven low round or undrafted QBs? First its Nate Davis now its Tolzien.....
Originally posted by FRANKBLANCO415:
great move. bye bye to that bum Tolzien. I still dont understand why everyone thinks he is so great off of one preseason game against us. It makes me laugh how some people are complaining about this signing like harbaugh is making a mistake by picking him up and cutting tolzien. hilarious Nate Davis and JTO all over again.

100% Agree
If they get rid of Tolzien this team can go to hell.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Really? Are you a Tolzien fan or a 49ers fan? You never cease to amaze me susweel.

Do you really think you know more about QB's than Harbaugh?

THIS!
the prodigal son
Originally posted by natrone06:

Exactly! Such a simple concept yet so complicated for many on the zone to comprehend.

Too many people invested in a negative point of view toward a player...whether CK, Tolzien or Smith. When you have that negative nature you tend to interpret everything from that prism. Once in a while they are right and that reinforces their view.

The stories from last year were all about the good natured competition between the QBs and how much they were helping each other. Johnson will likely add to that in a constructive way. As to those who think that Josh Johnson isn't intelligent...where do you come up with that? Is there a story implying this? Or are you just assuming?
This isn't a complicated move, Harbaugh is a guy who groom's QB's. Andy Reid has that same reputation in the league. The Eagles consistently develop and trade qb's for draft picks as teams feel their QB's are well prepared and seem to trade for them (see kolb and even aj feeley were traded for 2nd rd picks)

Harbaugh is a QB groomer, the niners are taking on as many talented qb's on the roster to groom and let them compete, and if/when the opportunity comes up we can move a QB for a high draft pick.

Is it? Or it is something more........SINISTER??????
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I think Harbaugh is racist against white QBs. He's trying to keep his job and subtly get rid of all the white QBs on our team at the same time. Once Garrard was snagged from under our nose, he had no choice but to sign Smith for the time being, but he must be very disappointed inside.
[ Edited by AmpLee on Mar 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM ]
It doesn't really speak against any of the QBs and it's just the team covering it's bases.

Here's what I think the logic behind the signing is.

The team is still unsure and uncommitted to Alex Smith so if Smith doesn't show any significant signs of growth this season than the team will cut him loose go with CK and have JJ as the backup.

If Smith shows some serious signs of growth and plays at a high level they'll continue to go with Smith, CK will be the backup, and JJ will likely be cut loose.

Tolizen they'll likely gamble with and put him on the practice squad. If he doesn't get picked up and they still like him he'll be back on the roster the following year.
[ Edited by Jikkle49 on Mar 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I think Harbaugh is racist against white QBs. He's trying to keep his job and subtly get rid of all the white QBs on our team at the same time. Once Garrard was snagged from under our nose, he had no choice but to sign Smith for the time being, but he must be very disappointed inside.

Now you are talking like a true denizen of NT. Carry on.

Carry on.
Josh Johnson is so much fun to play with on Madden.