LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Ted Ginn re-signed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Welcome back Teddy Ginn.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Glad he is back and at least next year we will have decent backups in cartwright and cox for returns.

Oh and Kyle williams spot on the roster isnt looking good.

Crabtree
Manningham
Moss
Ginn
Williams
If we draft a rookie WR in the first 3 rounds you gotta believe he'd get a spot ahead of Williams

indeed. Any WR drafted in rds 1, 2 or 3 is likely on team over Williams, especially if it's at pick 30.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
KW is a better WR than Ginn. Ginn is a better KR than KW
Originally posted by THEB:

Yep.

To bad Williams showed how important Ginn is to our success. BYE BYE WILLIAMS.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Glad he is back and at least next year we will have decent backups in cartwright and cox for returns.

Oh and Kyle williams spot on the roster isnt looking good.

Crabtree
Manningham
Moss
Ginn
Williams
If we draft a rookie WR in the first 3 rounds you gotta believe he'd get a spot ahead of Williams

I think we might keep 6, 1 for Moss insurance in case he doesn't work out. We had 4 recievers hurt at some point and time last year and were very thin at the end, I don't think they want to make that mistake again.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Sweet semen of baby Jesus!!!!!!!

Now keep Ginn away from the offense!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Yep.

to bad we cant genetically splice them and create a godlike WR/KR guy. oh well I really like KW as a receiver and with Ginn back everyone is happy.

So true!

Ginn is gonna end up at the bottom of the wr depth chart. But his value at returning cannot be overlooked.

Williams is much better than most give him credit for (just not at returning kicks). I'm gonna bet he pushs for more playing time this year. He has quickness, speed and doesn't drop too many balls.

I really think this means we either draft Fleener if he's there when we pick or we go BAP. I hope its Fleener cause I think he'd make the biggest difference considering all the FA moves at WR we've made.

Depth Chart
1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

Ginn is our return guy, plus Harbaugh likes to rotate WR on the field so although Crabs and Moss should be starters.. Manningham(especially), Williams and Ginn should get some time through the season
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Depth Chart
1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

Ginn is our return guy, plus Harbaugh likes to rotate WR on the field so although Crabs and Moss should be starters.. Manningham(especially), Williams and Ginn should get some time through the season

last seasons %'s put Crabtree at 25% of our passing offense and WR #2-5 at 25%. The equal distribution is great but I'd like to see a real #2 emerge from the group of Manningham, Williams, Moss and Ginn. If one of them can take over the bulk of that % then we'll be in great shape.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Depth Chart
1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

I'd switch Ginn and Williams. Nice, looking depth though.
Depth Chart
1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

Even with Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn Jr., and Kyle Williams... I'm still not satisfied with the 49ers WR depth! I'd add 2 more in the draft. I'm not banking on Randy Moss making the 49ers 53-man roster! And Ted Ginn is primarily a return man on special teams, NOTHING MORE.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Depth Chart
1. Michael Crabtree
2. Randy Moss
3. Mario Manningham
4. Kyle Williams
5. Ted Ginn

Even with Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn Jr., and Kyle Williams... I'm still not satisfied with the 49ers WR depth! I'd add 2 more in the draft. I'm not banking on Randy Moss making the 49ers 53-man roster! And Ted Ginn is primarily a return man on special teams, NOTHING MORE.

Share 49ersWebzone