LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Ted Ginn re-signed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
I'm not trying to change the topic but want to get anyone's input on fleener and hill. If we have the option to pick either or at the 30th pick. Who do we choose?

Fleener, no question. The Harbaugh offense is built on 2 and 3 TE sets. Then with your #1 and #2's being Crabtree/Moss and Manningham, no more worries in the RZ or 3rd downs.

Thanks
Originally posted by NCommand:
Fleener, no question. The Harbaugh offense is built on 2 and 3 TE sets. Then with your #1 and #2's being Crabtree/Moss and Manningham, no more worries in the RZ or 3rd downs.

I agree. However, if they want Fleener, the team is going to have to be willing to possibly part with a later pick. I have a feeling the Giants are going to try to trade up to get him. Fleener as a 49er would be awesome.
I'm thinking we keep 5 or 6 on 53 man but keep only 4 (5 if we keep 6 total) active each game.

So, Crabtree, Moss, Manningham and Ginn are the top 4. Maybe a WR in the draft but I can see him non active gameday.
This is good news. I hope he stays healthy throughout the season and is there for the run to the SB in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Huge signing for the obvious reasons. Regarding Kyle Williams, the hatred for him is getting ridiculous. Some of the greatest players in the game have fumbled, thrown picks, made boneheaded plays or flat-out cost their teams a win in the most critical moments. I personally think he's going to use that game as a motivator to be a better, tougher and more reliable player...by season's end, he will have won over this fickle fan base with a ton of clutch plays. Book it.

Agreed with Ghost

I've channeled my hatred from KW to Alex Smith.

He's not the QB the 49er fans deserves, but the one it needs right now. So we'll boo him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our Savior. He's a silent soldier, an efficient passer. Our Dark Smith.
Alright awesome!
Originally posted by cciowa:
By the way fred,,, i need to apologize to you as i believe you were one of the good posters that i was snarky and smart ass to sunday and monday when i was insane. thinking one is right in thier opinion is no excuse for bad manners and i was very bad, from what i remember.

No worries my brutha...but that was a meltdown of epic proportions!!!
How did this thread turn into draft talk?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I'm thinking we keep 5 or 6 on 53 man but keep only 4 (5 if we keep 6 total) active each game.

So, Crabtree, Moss, Manningham and Ginn are the top 4. Maybe a WR in the draft but I can see him non active gameday.

ugghhh no ginn as a wr, i'll prefer a rookie wr over ginn and his no good route running brick hands ass.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Huge signing for the obvious reasons. Regarding Kyle Williams, the hatred for him is getting ridiculous. Some of the greatest players in the game have fumbled, thrown picks, made boneheaded plays or flat-out cost their teams a win in the most critical moments. I personally think he's going to use that game as a motivator to be a better, tougher and more reliable player...by season's end, he will have won over this fickle fan base with a ton of clutch plays. Book it.

Agreed with Ghost

I've channeled my hatred from KW to Alex Smith.

He's not the QB the 49er fans deserves, but the one it needs right now. So we'll boo him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our Savior. He's a silent soldier, an efficient passer. Our Dark Smith.

[ Edited by btthepunk on Mar 22, 2012 at 7:10 PM ]

One year is fine with me. We may end up with something just as good at PR and better as a WR in the draft and if so the team will be able to let ginn walk next season. Which would free up more cap space.
Don't know about you guys but I think WR still could be a high pick. Moss will probably be gone after this year, Ginn could be as well but he really doesn't count as a WR, Manningham could be after 2 years, same with Kyle Williams. Crabtree is the only one signed for more than 2 years. Even if it is a developmental guy I say we draft one... count Ginn as a ST guy... that leaves us with 4 WRs...

As for Ginn playing WR I would expect he would only play in case of emergencies. Injuries or if we need a hail mary and run a 5 WR set. Not sure if we will draft a possession guy and deep threat (2 WRs) like I had figured before Ginn signing. Again, hopefully at least 1 early. With what we have I say Fleener if there, a RG in the 2nd and go depth the rest of the way. If we have 7 or 8 WRs (with Bogan) let the cards fall where they may and let the best guys win the job. We found out what happens last year when you don't have enough depth.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 22, 2012 at 7:16 PM ]
Teddy Ginn got humbled in FA and took a one year deal.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Goodbye Kyle Williams!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Teddy Ginn got humbled in FA and took a one year deal.

Just like Goldson (and Franklin and Lawson). Hopefully it'll turn out to be another great one year signing for us.
Share 49ersWebzone