There are 198 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex's Numbers in the Offense 2012??

Alex's Numbers in the Offense 2012??

Alex Smith will not throw double digit ints....3900 yds-35 tds-8 ints,and a couple of rushing tds.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Too early to tell. I know one thing it better be more than last year. It was really tough to see all the field goals. Having a 35years old Randy Moss and a 3rd receiver in Manningham may not be much either. It helps. I think we need more. This is as much a Smith problem as a Baalke and Harbaugh problem to solve. We put up TDs instead of 3pts on the board with the same amount of opportunities last year, we will blow out the majority of the teams we play.

Agree and believe getting Moss and Manningham may increase the need for a guy like Fleener who can get short yardage due to height and route structure. Doesn't have to be Fleener but should be a guy who is not afraid to go over the middle or do the dirty work on 3rd and four...or in the Red Zone. Love the idea of a 6'6" guy in the corner of the endzone...with a 5'10" DB covering him.

Edit: Moss, Manningham and VD all like the longball. Will they run the other routes? VD-yes, Moss-? and Manningham-was Cruz the go to guy for a reason.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 21, 2012 at 7:05 AM ]
Originally posted by vaden:
I fully expect a markedly better season, improvement in everything but int rate, but many variables are outside Alex's control, including how often he gets to throw. Doesn't matter how good he is, he ain't throwing for 4000 yards if he only gets 28 attempts a game. Conversely, he can easily throw for 4000 yards if he gets 35 attempts a game. Stafford got 41.4 attempts a game. Last year we ranked 31st in passing attempts, 3rd in rushing attempts. That gap will narrow but I doubt it will overlap.

If Alex can just go back to being the red zone qb he'd always been before 2011, that alone will be a major improvement worth 3-4 points a game.

I totally agree with this. Jim will control the O and what type of team we are going forward. I really don't see him all of the sudden turning into a pass happy coach.
That is why the game manager crap that gets put on Alex is total bul__it, he has no control.

His numbers will increase because of better weapons to something like 3500 -3900 yards and 22-26 td's with 10-13 ints.
i picked the 40TD one just because thats what id hope for, i think alex is going to be in the 3800 yard range with 24 TD's and 11 INT's
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jreff22:
24 TD's
10 INT's
3500 Yards

this

yup.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Too early to tell. I know one thing it better be more than last year. It was really tough to see all the field goals. Having a 35years old Randy Moss and a 3rd receiver in Manningham may not be much either. It helps. I think we need more. This is as much a Smith problem as a Baalke and Harbaugh problem to solve. We put up TDs instead of 3pts on the board with the same amount of opportunities last year, we will blow out the majority of the teams we play.

Agree and believe getting Moss and Manningham may increase the need for a guy like Fleener who can get short yardage due to height and route structure. Doesn't have to be Fleener but should be a guy who is not afraid to go over the middle or do the dirty work on 3rd and four...or in the Red Zone. Love the idea of a 6'6" guy in the corner of the endzone...with a 5'10" DB covering him.

Edit: Moss, Manningham and VD all like the longball. Will they run the other routes? VD-yes, Moss-? and Manningham-was Cruz the go to guy for a reason.

This is where Crabtree might have his days in the offense. He can certainly work the short and medium and occasionally the deep. Remember those sideline routes that Smith occasionally over throws Crabtree when it look like he's open... well now the safety that Smith has to worry about will most likely pay attention to Moss or Manningham.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
24 TD's
10 INT's
3500 Yards

this

yup.

Smith doubled his INTs for only 6 more TDs.... I think he's more efficient than that. If he doubled his INTs, I think he will be closer to 30TDs. I want to say 5INTs for 10 TDs ratio. He's actually closer to 5INTs for 20TDs ratio.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 21, 2012 at 8:34 AM ]
32 total touchdowns (28 passing) (4 rushing) 11 interceptions and 4,200 yards passing (178 yards rushing)
Originally posted by HessianDud:
24 TD's
10 INT's
3500 Yards

this

yup.

Smith doubled his INTs for only 6 more TDs.... I think he's more efficient than that. If he doubled his INTs, I think he will be closer to 30TDs. I want to say 5INTs for 10 TDs ratio.

i think those are realistic numbers. if we have a more aggressive approach, there's going to be more turnovers. plus, you can't always account for tipped balls and things like that.

other key numbers would be YPA and completion % . If he can raise YPA from 7.1 to 8.0 and completion % from 61 to 64, he would have a great year, even if he doubled his INTs from last year.
does manningham play in the slot?

if not i hope we can trade up for kendall wright or take jarius wright in round 3
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
Alex Smith will not throw double digit ints....3900 yds-35 tds-8 ints,and a couple of rushing tds.

that would be cool if this were to happen
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
10 tds 8 ints and benched by week 8.

How did that work out for you last season? NFC Championship game FTW!

29TD's
9 INT's
slightly under 4,000 yards.

this lol this

With Alex its always better to have low expectations or your gonna be disappointed.
29 Tds 12 INTs 3500 Yards
Originally posted by backontop:
10 tds 8 ints and benched by week 8.

How did that work out for you last season? NFC Championship game FTW!

29TD's
9 INT's
slightly under 4,000 yards.

this lol this

With Alex its always better to have low expectations or your gonna be disappointed.

How did you mixed up Tim Tebow's number with Alex Smith's expectation
  • teeohh
  • Veteran

Alex in year 2 is going to be amazing