There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex's Numbers in the Offense 2012??

Alex's Numbers in the Offense 2012??

Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Who cares about stats? Give me a poll with wins.

this
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
10 tds 8 ints and benched by week 8.

How did that work out for you last season? NFC Championship game FTW!

29TD's
9 INT's
slightly under 4,000 yards.

this lol this
17 TDs
8 Ints
3,400 Yards
The bottom Line is the reason our team did so well was our Defense and STeams along with the Fantastic coaching staff asking Alex Smith to be great at the things they ask from him. Not turning the ball over, not fumbling when sacked, throw it away if nothing is open, and dont throw interceptions.

Alex Smith did exactly what was asked of him and the team excelled. The Niners are a running team who's Defense creates turnovers, and rely on the passing game to get in range for Akers haha. funny but true. Now I like Alex and he did indeed lead the team to some late fourth Quarter comebacks, and made some great plays when it counted. The bottom line is that the coaching staff of the Niners were not asking Alex to Throw for 300+ yards a game as many other NFL teams expect out of their QB's as the league has turned into a Pass Frenzy free for all. Now Could Alex throw for 300+ yards and still have the stats he had as well as the team? NO WAY!!!! Alex was utilized as a "manager" i hate to say that but in a sense it is true. Now that they have acquired some FA WR who are capable of getting open and creating passing opportunities we will get our chance to see. I am not knocking Alex Smith but I am saying that the reason they Won games and got where they did is because he took a back seat to what was best for the team and that was to do what the coaching staff asked him to do. I just love the niners and we have such a great team i would hate to not reach a super bowl BC our QB is not capable of making the plays Elite QBs display that give them the edge when it comes down to the end.
I chose 30 TDs, 18 INTs and 3,600 yards, but I think it'll be 25 TDs, 10 INTs and 3,600 yards.
~20 TD ~10INT < 5 fumbles loss ~4000 yards

11 Wins
Whatever stats he needs to do to get us to the SB.
I clicked the one that says 30 TDs
With the difficult schedule, I voted for 12-4...oh, wait...

Don't care about his numbers but think he will improve his all around play and be an effective QB. Hope he becomes an elite QB, but that is a bit optimistic.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
With the difficult schedule, I voted for 12-4...oh, wait...

Don't care about his numbers but think he will improve his all around play and be an effective QB. Hope he becomes an elite QB, but that is a bit optimistic.

Me either but the haters are going to if they are bad and not so much if they are good. If they are good the haters are going to say it was the receivers doing the hard work or somehow Harbaugh is making the throws through some magical remote control device linked to Smith's brain.
25 TDs, 12 INTs, 3500 YDs
Alexxx Smith.
Too early to tell. I know one thing it better be more than last year. It was really tough to see all the field goals. Having a 35years old Randy Moss and a 3rd receiver in Manningham may not be much either. It helps. I think we need more. This is as much a Smith problem as a Baalke and Harbaugh problem to solve. We put up TDs instead of 3pts on the board with the same amount of opportunities last year, we will blow out the majority of the teams we play.
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
25 TDs, 12 INTs, 3500 YDs

iaround this

i see around 23-30 TD (is moss ready q year removed from nfl at 35)
9-12 int

and 3400-3800 yards (3100 yards last year with so many WR injuries and so many limitations due to offseason)
I disagree with some. I don't see Smith's INT going up over ten. One thing I'm sure of Smith, he has the handle of on his qb play that he doesn't throw INT much anymore. He has limit his mistakes and not give the game away. Now it's time to make even more plays than last year while keeping the mistakes to a minimum. It's still a process for him that I think he very capable of reaching.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 21, 2012 at 6:56 AM ]