LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

True or False? This team is made to succeed WITHOUT an above average QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

True or False? This team is made to succeed WITHOUT an above average QB?

Just took a shot of some Starbucks, so hear me out. I dont' want to get off on a rant here , but..

Props to the higher ups and years of pain that paid off during the Rattay /Dark Age Niners

If you put in a decent qb on a team *coughAlex cough* and he goes to the friggin playoffs with a great Head coach, what will happen when you implement an
elite qb into the system? Will this team be unstoppable? Don't we have all of the angles are covered?

SPECIAL TEAMS - Tony Montana Squad, hopefully Ginn comes back MR TWO ST TD'S IN ONE GAME
DEFENSE - The best got damn defense I've ever laid my eyes on. I always expect a fumble or takeaway every game and it HAPPENS!
PWILLIS, CARLOS, DASHAWN ''HAWKEYE'' GOLDSON,ALDON,NAVARRO,JUSTIN SMITH, JUST TO NAME A FEW
RUNNING BACK- GORE is my favorite niner rb of all time. HUNTER is a Sproles in the making. ANTHONY DIXON is that guy that you need in the locker room
for the lulz
OLINE- A DAVIS, LUPATI,STALEY, All pro bowlers
WR/TE- We really don't utilize WR as much because we have the best 49er TE in HISTORY, VERNON DAVIS,and NOW , we have
Manningham , and the guy that is 2nd to the GOAT , JERRY RICE

This team is tailor made to succeed even with a mediocre QB. 3-4 TD's a game is all we need against a non top three team.
If you get a guy like ,Peyton, a damn record breaker, you will have a 5 TD lead with a tough defense, Special teams, etc.

Trophy Glory will be restored to San Fran.

or Santa Clara whatever. ..same thing. ..
If we don't re-sign Alex or sign Peyton we better go after Michael Bush or Mike Tolbert or draft a RB at 30 because we will need 3 good backs. I don't care how good we are if we have someone like Kaepernick who is wreckless with the ball we might only be a 8-8 team. If he learns to take care of it then we might have a shot. I like him but he isn't ready and guys like Flynn, Johnson, Tanehill,etc probably aren't any better options.
If our D goes balls out agian yes
Even with Alex's efficiency, his 3rd down conversion looked like it really was pushing the 49ers defense to the limit. Anything less than a Smith-level quarterback and this team stops clicking imo.
If manning doesn't come to SF. Then a random FA qb out of whats left will be a playoff QB with the 49ers. The 49ers run a very friendly QB offense.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Even with Alex's efficiency, his 3rd down conversion looked like it really was pushing the 49ers defense to the limit. Anything less than a Smith-level quarterback and this team stops clicking imo.

Agree

Also, you gotta figure other QBs below Smith level will turn the ball over more, thus hurting the Defense even more.
[ Edited by captveg on Mar 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM ]
I like him but he isn't ready and guys like Flynn, Johnson, Tanehill,etc probably aren't any better options.
where is your proof kaep isn't ready. because he didn't look good as a rookie in a shortened preseason? what is kaep like right now? since harbalke lowballed smith with a contract that could be fit into the salary cap as a back up doesn't that tell you that they are not impressed. if they really wanted smith they would have offered more money/years and signed him. they didn't! Smith wasn't drafted by harbaugh. have you ever seen a coach not be loyal to exsisting players on a roster that he inherited? Harbaugh drafted kaep. traded up to get him! any one who thinks harbaugh can't get as much out of kaep as he did smith last year is reading the tea leaves wrong! if peyton, great. if not, moving on from smith won't be the end of our chances of success. trust harbaugh - look what he did with smith and the whole team in just one year! and even if we take a step back with kaep next year, harbaugh must think the upside of kaep > smith
[ Edited by Kezar1965 on Mar 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM ]
Have you really never seen Dashon Goldson's name in writing?
Lets see, we had a top 10 qb last year? I know alot of you don't know that or don't count it cause its Alex but thats a fact.

So, thats our starting point right? Anything has to be better than average Alex.

Please list all top 10 qb's available for us to sign.

By the way, our D was helped out allot last year by Alex only throwing 5 picks. Kap will be a pick machine in his 1st year or 2, just happens to new qb's.

Im tired of praying our Defense can hold them, and we get a lucky bounce on Special Teams. I want an O that can take control, put people on their heals and then let the D and ST mop up the rest. It is time to score some damn points.
I voted no because the people calling the shots now are showing they will try to improve rather than stand pat. The offseason last year was mired by the lockout, so can't really judge them too much on team building at that time. SO I don;t think we have seen yet what they ultimately have in mind, and I would not say that last year's offense was a goal instead of a stepping stone. The head coach was a successful QB after all, so I am sure he wants a lot more out of this team's offense.
1- Title? Sure

Multiple Titles? Hell no
false. The league is setup to be dominated by franchise QB's. You might end up with an exceptional defense, but you do not intend for that
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Alex Smith is an above average QB, this thread is invalrod
Share 49ersWebzone