There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
So if the unthinkable happens -- Peyton Manning signs with the Titans and Alex Smith bolts for Miami -- 95% chance that Colin Kaepernick is our 2012 starter. What's your confidence level in the young man? With Harbaugh's run-oriented, low-mistake offensive scheme, I think that Kaep will put up decent numbers and approach what Smith did last year, with a few more INTs I assume.

So if this "worst-case scenario" does happen, I see one of two scenarios playing out:

1. Sign Matt Hasselbeck and hold an open competition for the QB job in camp
2. Sign David Gerrard or Donovan McNabb to backup QB contracts and hand the job to Kaepernick.
about as good as my confidence in the head coach and front office right now for screwing up something that was not broken in the first place,,, by the way,, its not very high

Yeah, because last season they really proved they don't know what they're doing.

Harbaugh is god to people on here - unless he doesn't keep Alex Smith. Then, all-of-a-sudden, he and Baalke don't know what they're doing.

we are allowed to critique the good with the bad....Im sure he hasn't made every correct decision in his lifetime...he is not god
If Kaeps started 2012 season, he'll exceed Alex Smith's 2011 numbers, no doubt.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
We wont win the NFC West with Kaepernick.

With Alex, we win only 11 next year -- regression to the mean, brutal schedule, better division.

Kaep can win us 10 games.
Originally posted by 49ERJUNKY:
I think harbaugh and Trent ballke are brilliant! I think they went after manning as a way to push Alex out knowing that if they don't get PM that CK is ready! And if they do get Peyton that's an added bonus for CK to sit and learn from one of the greatest! It's genius and and think we should just sit back and enjoy watching this front office and staff build this dynasty! I'm enjoying all this!!!!!!

That would be the only way to push Alex out without angering fans.
Michael Lombardi ‏ @michaelombardi Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Why is Alex Smith mad at the 49ers? If he had agreed to a deal BEFORE Manning was cut, the 49ers would have never been in the PM sweepstakes
Originally posted by 49ERJUNKY:
I think harbaugh and Trent ballke are brilliant!

Absolutely, I am Sold!

Last year, when they resigned Alex for 1 yr., I thought it was a bad decision.... I was wrong

2011 Draft No.1 Aldon Smith??? Really???, thought that was a bad pick..... I was VERY wrong

2011 Draft moving up to get Kaepernick in the 2nd, back then, didnt think was a good selection either........ I WILL be wrong again.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Michael Lombardi ‏ @michaelombardi Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Why is Alex Smith mad at the 49ers? If he had agreed to a deal BEFORE Manning was cut, the 49ers would have never been in the PM sweepstakes

That's the nice way of saying Alex Smith is throwing a hissy fit.
You can bet Harbaalke have planned for the exact scenario you stated. Flynn could well be plan B, or at least part of it. I still say Josh Johnson will be part of it...he's a vet with some good skills who knows and understands Harbaugh's offense. There could be others...and probably are. One thing Harbaalke continues to prove is they're unpredictable and will do their best to improve the team. I think they've done an exemplary job of that so far.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
You can bet Harbaalke have planned for the exact scenario you stated. Flynn could well be plan B, or at least part of it. I still say Josh Johnson will be part of it...he's a vet with some good skills who knows and understands Harbaugh's offense. There could be others...and probably are. One thing Harbaalke continues to prove is they're unpredictable and will do their best to improve the team. I think they've done an exemplary job of that so far.

Smith to MIA or SEA + Manning to TEN = Kaepernick + Hasselbeck

Smith to MIA or SEA + Manning to DEN = Kaepernick + Johnson OR McNabb OR Garrard
IMO Kap is not ready to start, but he may be our only option. Not signing Manning and losing Alex will be a disaster......... Time to call Josh Johnson..........
I think Kaepernick will be serviceable. The one thing I think some fans are missing is that our offense will be even more conservative. Harbaugh will avoid turnovers at all costs so if you thought we ran some vanilla offense at times this year get ready for next year if Kaepernick starts.
He would struggle SEVERELY. Needs another year of refining.
I am looking forward to Kaepernick almost as much as Manning. He is supremely talented. With a full off-season of Harbaugh, this kid will shock everyone.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I am looking forward to Kaepernick almost as much as Manning. He is supremely talented. With a full off-season of Harbaugh, this kid will shock everyone.

Dito
With how stacked this offense is, Kaep will (at worse) have a 1991 Steve Young type of season to the least. -Kaep will utilize Moss way better than Alex ever would (it's the damn truth, too; cause Smith's throwing shoulder has never been the same since the 2007 injury).