There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I hope we didn't overpay. His stats from 2011.

39 catches for 523 yards and 4TD's. I would have rather had Lloyd.

Agreed. Manningham was Eli's #3 behind Cruz and Nicks. We still don't have a standout #1 WR on the roster. However we do have quite a few pass catching weapons, if you include rbs and te's.

Yeah, but check out his 09 & '10 stats...I'll take it!!!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Scrolling on the bottom of the NFL Network. Jason LaCanfordianistarialona says it is a two year deal. My guess is two years for $9 million. The WR market has really dried up. Brandon Lloyd signed a pretty meager contract number, so I expect Manningham's contract to be slimmer than expected.

While this move helps alleviate the loss of Morgan, I am not so sure it is an upgrade. Will have to wait and see. The WR market really dried up the past few days, and the contract numbers for these guys are shrinking before our eyes. Brandon Lloyd's contract was shockingly low. Seems like the league doesn't place a lot of value on Lloyd nor Manningham.

They're both similar one dimensial players. I wasn't a fan of picking either up but at the right price I guess you can't complain. Manningham is a solid vertical threat.
Agreed. Manningham was Eli's #3 behind Cruz and Nicks. We still don't have a standout #1 WR on the roster. However we do have quite a few pass catching weapons, if you include rbs and te's.

We don't need a standout #1, as long as the rest of the players on the field are all solid playmakers.

Production by committee, look at GB, NE, and NO.
Manningham/Moss > Morgan/Williams
2 yr deal is great, not a huge fan of this move.
Originally posted by Alkasquawlik:

We don't need a standout #1, as long as the rest of the players on the field are all solid playmakers.

Production by committee, look at GB, NE, and NO.

I'd say Welker is a #1.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
2 yr deal is great, not a huge fan of this move.

I'd love to know why.
I'm so juiced! I wanted him over Lloyd!
Originally posted by thechamber52:
Manningham/Moss > Morgan/Williams

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Swain/Williams
miss having a WR wear #82 for the Niners.......JT was the man
I wanted us to draft in years back! NICEEE

i forgive him
Originally posted by thechamber52:
I'd say Welker is a #1.

He is not a true #1, look at his stats from Miami.

He is a product of New England's system. He does well there, but he would not get those numbers anywhere else.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
I've heard this stated on NFL 32 and several of the Sirius NFL shows with Pat Kirwins show being the last place I remember this being said.

You don't have to embarrass me
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Scrolling on the bottom of the NFL Network. Jason LaCanfordianistarialona says it is a two year deal. My guess is two years for $9 million. The WR market has really dried up. Brandon Lloyd signed a pretty meager contract number, so I expect Manningham's contract to be slimmer than expected.

While this move helps alleviate the loss of Morgan, I am not so sure it is an upgrade. Will have to wait and see. The WR market really dried up the past few days, and the contract numbers for these guys are shrinking before our eyes. Brandon Lloyd's contract was shockingly low. Seems like the league doesn't place a lot of value on Lloyd nor Manningham.
Right now I think our WR group is about the same as it was last year. Which is too bad, because it wasn't good enough last year. Still, I'm happy about the signing, because without it our WR group would be much worse than last year.

Crabtree = Crabtree
Manningham > Morgan (slight improvement)
Moss = Edwards
Williams = Williams
Nobody <<<<<<< Ginn

We still need to add WRs through either the draft or free agency. But at least now we won't be forced to start someone that wouldn't be the 4th guy on most teams.