There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Meh....we needed a WR but I've read several articles saying he is a terrible route runner and never really knew the playbook. Maybe these things can be fixed.

Lol. I was just telling my buddy that he runs good routes. One of us is wrong . probably me

I've heard this stated on NFL 32 and several of the Sirius NFL shows with Pat Kirwins show being the last place I remember this being said.
Originally posted by Draftology:
Direct order from Peyton

Can you imagine how pissed Eli is going to be if Peyton actually signs in San Francisco?

Imagine Thanksgiving at the Manning home this year!
Good news. Maningham was the guy I figured the Niners would get out of the available FA WRs and probably the best value. The guy can make plays.
I Dont See Nothin That Says Mario Manningham Signed I looked on NFL.com Nothin
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I hope we didn't overpay. His stats from 2011.

39 catches for 523 yards and 4TD's. I would have rather had Lloyd.

Manningham has had zero ducks though...

Hahaha so I don't see those numbers improving unless we sign Manning!!! I hope we get him...this is almost surreal.
Manningham wasn't my top choice WR this offseason, but at this point he is by far the best option. And of the tier two WRs he was one of the better ones I think.

He's at least as good as Morgan. Maybe not as reliable a route runner, but more likely to come up with a game breaking play. Seems like a good combo with Crabtree. Especially if Moss turns out to still be decent and we draft someone like Randel.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
this make me feel better

See. There you go I told ya.
Lloyd just got signed so i guess it makes sense?

anyways, good depth nice move. now on to the draft
Idk how to feel lol
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I hope we didn't overpay. His stats from 2011.

39 catches for 523 yards and 4TD's. I would have rather had Lloyd.

Rumors say the Pats threw a pen to Lloyd for him to sign the contract and he successfully ducked the throw.
[ Edited by BigDaddy on Mar 17, 2012 at 8:47 PM ]

No, he just stopped short on routes and watched as the cornerback walked off with a gift interception.
I am ok with the signing. He has great hands and body control. We'll have to see what kind of money he got. The only issues we have now:

1. Obviously QB.
2. RG hopefully Kilgore, a draft pick, or a vet signing can shore this up.
3. KR/PR. This worries me the most. Perrish Cox has some experience but he was out of the league for a year. Williams isn't a bad option desite his untimely meltdown. I still want Ginn back. This is such a key for the team. Perhaps there is a rookie in the later rounds?
Awesome!
Mods need to tell Webbie to post Manningham's pic on the main page!
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Meh....we needed a WR but I've read several articles saying he is a terrible route runner and never really knew the playbook. Maybe these things can be fixed.

Not only lazy routes, but he often runs the wrong ones. Word out of NY this season was that Manning was pretty pissed about Manningham making him look bad by not being where the ball came down.