There are 190 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just came
Gimme Fleener in the First, Jefferey in the second, And Akpla in the 6th/7th and im happy.
Whoa, I have often wondered if Eli made him look better than he is. Guess we will see.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Only thing I don't like are the statements that he's not a good route runner. Peyton is really anal about that stuff, and we saw how Alex didn't like Edwards' improv last year.

Everyone who says that is basing it off of their giants friends. Doesn't greg cossell do film review? Would like to read some analysis like that
Originally posted by ads_2006:
goodbye ginn and our super special teams as well

hopefully ginn signs and returns

QB: manning

WR:
Crabtree
Moss
Manningham
Ginn 4th WR and PR/KR

TE: Davis and Walker

RB: Gore, Hunter

WTF! I LEAVE FOR A SECOND AND THIS HAPPENS!?
Why is this no where on ESPN.com yet Brandon Lloyd signing with the Pats is on the front page?
[ Edited by 9ers on Mar 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I'll say it again. Who is going to return kicks and punts for this team? I like the signing but I was hoping for Ginn to return. It might still happen but I doubt it. Any ideas?

Rock Cartwright, Kendall Hunter, Perrish Cox, or Reggie Smith.

1. Cartwright only returns kicks and isn't nearly good enough to give us the filed position we had last year.
2. Hunter could be good at kick returns but he has never done punts.
3. Cox was out of the league last year so he is far from a sure thing.
4. Reggie Smith isn't even on the team anymore.

1. Possibly.
2. True.
3. Maybe.
4. I thought he re-signed... guess not.
I'll say it again. Who is going to return kicks and punts for this team? I like the signing but I was hoping for Ginn to return. It might still happen but I doubt it. Any ideas?

1. Cartwright only returns kicks and isn't nearly good enough to give us the filed position we had last year.

So we are putting all our eggs in the Cox basket? That is worrisome. This and the RG issue need to be fixed asap.

I agree it's something to think about but 2 things here. the offseason is still young and I expect the 49ers to fill a couple of gaps with small FA signings still after the QB decision is done. Perrish Cox is a very good return man and hopefully he can get back to form for us. Kendall Hunter is an excellent KR. Rock Cartwright isn't great but good enough as a KR so we're fine at KR. As for PR, Ginn isn't finding any places that want him as a WR. We still may get him back and I'd be willing to bet we offered him a 1-2 year deal already. And then there's the draft, the 49ers will probably add a CB or 2 and I'm sure one will be a dual threat. After the Kyle Williams debacle, I'd hate to see him do it but he's an explosive player and Harbaugh would make a statement of supporting his players if he got the job. Plenty of time left and we can get a PR.

I could be wrong here, but didn't Manningham return punts in college and a little bit w/the Giants also?

So we are putting all our eggs in the Cox basket? That is worrisome. This and the RG issue need to be fixed asap.

the draft hasn't happened yet has it?
I have no doubt the niners will draft a kick returner! Some balls out stud sleeper!! Might even be a late round pick like our fullback!!! The football gods have turned their attention 2 us once again faithful!!!!!
Originally posted by thechamber52:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
goodbye ginn and our super special teams as well

Perish Cox.

Cox is not the answer. We'll likely be looking at the draft. It's like we're back to where we were at PR with Singletary.
Peyton is in the bag. Bet the house..............
1. First off, **** The New York Giants
2. Welcome to San Francisco, Mr. Manningham.
3. Although not an elite group, our receivers' styles complement each other and, in our system where equal opportunity exists, that's a very, very dangerous thing for opposing defenses

A better look at his big-play ability.
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Mar 17, 2012 at 9:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone