LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
oh man imagine our offense if we add fleener
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Karma:
I'll say it again. Who is going to return kicks and punts for this team? I like the signing but I was hoping for Ginn to return. It might still happen but I doubt it. Any ideas?

Rock Cartwright, Kendall Hunter, Perrish Cox, or Reggie Smith.

I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody from this year's draft returning punts.
Mario might be better 4 us! We have a better running game than the giants. If defenses focus on moss, crab & Vernon... Sweet lord am I friggin pumped!!!!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
no mike wallace

No kidding. My Wallace dreams are dead.

along with all your other horrible ideas

[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Mar 17, 2012 at 9:17 PM ]
Only thing I don't like are the statements that he's not a good route runner. Peyton is really anal about that stuff, and we saw how Alex didn't like Edwards' improv last year.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

In a spread formation on the field: Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, VD, Fleener, and Gore....
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Receiver A played with Eli Manning, Receiver B played with Alex Smith, TJ O Sullivan, Troy Smith and Shaun Hill, which one would you expect to have better numbers?

Like I said, Manningham isn't a huge upgrade over Morgan, he's also not a burner by any means, he ran like a 4.55 40 coming out of the draft, this year he got open deep because teams really weren't focusing on him considering the two crazy threats the Giants had in Nicks and Cruz.

never said he was a burner just said he is more of a vertical threat than morgan was, and do you honestly think teams are going to be putting strong focus on manningham? even if they do there going to have to leave someone else open. regardless our wr corps this season looks a lot better than years past
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Only thing I don't like are the statements that he's not a good route runner. Peyton is really anal about that stuff, and we saw how Alex didn't like Edwards' improv last year.

he played wif his bro doe
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Karma:
I'll say it again. Who is going to return kicks and punts for this team? I like the signing but I was hoping for Ginn to return. It might still happen but I doubt it. Any ideas?

Rock Cartwright, Kendall Hunter, Perrish Cox, or Reggie Smith.

1. Cartwright only returns kicks and isn't nearly good enough to give us the filed position we had last year.
2. Hunter could be good at kick returns but he has never done punts.
3. Cox was out of the league last year so he is far from a sure thing.
4. Reggie Smith isn't even on the team anymore.
any word on $$$$ value?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
no mike wallace

lol
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

holy s**t. haha
Originally posted by fan49:

man, that video has the most bobbled catches I've ever seen in a highlight tribute.

Hope he improves from that....I know he made that clutch catch in the Super Bowl but still.......I do like that he has speed though. Now we have Moss, Williams, Manningham with speed.
He had good #s in 09
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
no mike wallace

lol

Share 49ersWebzone