There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

I think this has been brought out before but Walsh was out and Seifert won his first superbowl with Montana. I recall the main reason Joe wanted to go was that he was not given a chance to compete for the QB job. I don't think Walsh had much to do with it even influence wise.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Cooooooold blooooded!

LOL!
f**k lowell!!!!!!!! low lol
In February, Harbaugh said the 49ers were "in lockstep as an organization" that Smith, his "guy," was the starting quarterback. Smith accepted Harbaugh's NFL Coach of the Year award on the eve of the Super Bowl and later caddied for his coach in the first round of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/16/SPON1NM49N.DTL#ixzz1pLaWEOR3

that is cold hearted
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Am I the only one who read the article?

He was PRAISING him for being "cold hearted". He was comparing him to Bill Walsh, "Bill Walsh was also cold hearted".

That was the way I read it.
Originally posted by prometheus:
I think this has been brought out before but Walsh was out and Seifert won his first superbowl with Montana. I recall the main reason Joe wanted to go was that he was not given a chance to compete for the QB job. I don't think Walsh had much to do with it even influence wise.

He was the one who brought Young to the Niners.
Originally posted by BHulman:
That was the way I read it.

Me too. I want a cold-blooded head coach. We saw how these other guys worked out. Harbaugh has ice in his veins.
Originally posted by jreff22:
In February, Harbaugh said the 49ers were "in lockstep as an organization" that Smith, his "guy," was the starting quarterback. Smith accepted Harbaugh's NFL Coach of the Year award on the eve of the Super Bowl and later caddied for his coach in the first round of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/16/SPON1NM49N.DTL#ixzz1pLaWEOR3

that is cold hearted

Kind of but not really. Alex was offered a contract. He said the contract was good and that some things were being worked out (That punk undeservedly wanted more) and his failure to sign it should be his exit to from the team.

Talk about cold hearted. He sucked for 7 years while making good money. Then got an outstanding coach to help him become AVERAGE and he decides he has a leg up on the organization that has made his career in the NFL. We owe him nothing, he is a fool and I hope he gets offered backup money wherever he goes. Good Riddance.
cold calculated business decisions - finally the 49ers are doing what successful teams do.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

that is cold hearted

Kind of but not really. Alex was offered a contract. He said the contract was good and that some things were being worked out (That punk undeservedly wanted more) and his failure to sign it should be his exit to from the team.

Talk about cold hearted. He sucked for 7 years while making good money. Then got an outstanding coach to help him become AVERAGE and he decides he has a leg up on the organization that has made his career in the NFL. We owe him nothing, he is a fool and I hope he gets offered backup money wherever he goes. Good Riddance.

Drama overplayed. Smith and agent are working the system in this business like all players do. The 49ers are continuing to do their business to ensure they don't get caught with a huge gap at the most pivotal postion.

Busines as usual in the NFL.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

that is cold hearted

Drama overplayed. Smith and agent are working the system in this business like all players do. The 49ers are continuing to do their business to ensure they don't get caught with a huge gap at the most pivotal postion.

Smith and his agent can work as long as they want. I don't think he will be coming back here.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

that is cold hearted

Smith and his agent can work as long as they want. I don't think he will be coming back here.

It has been an interesting turn of events. I can't remember the last time the 49ers osffseason was so interesting (in a good way instead of comical way).
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Originally posted by taney71:
When did Kaep get in this conversation?

Right now! Because it will be Manning/Kaepernick! If you don't like it to bad, if you do... Good! Get use to it

Until Manning actually signs a contract, your comment has no justification.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Originally posted by taney71:
When did Kaep get in this conversation?

Right now! Because it will be Manning/Kaepernick! If you don't like it to bad, if you do... Good! Get use to it

Until Manning actually signs a contract, your comment has no justification.

Hahahhaha! Your one of those guys who's on the verge of a nervous breakdown, cause your lord and savior Alex Smith is about to be gone. LoL!!! Keep swinging the bat for your future dolphin Qb or maybe Seattle QB. Hahah even if we don't get Manning I'm cool. Hahah keep defending Alex, Pal.