There are 207 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by GSeef49er:
How is he cold hearted if a deal has been presented to smith. You can't wait forever for someone to sign.

telling the players that they are top priority and drumming them up and not resigning them looks a little cold hearted.

Morgan...
Alex....
Blake....

I understand the bidding war aspect but we could of signed Morgan before FA started. I don't care that he walked but I thought we would of never had the chance to do so.

This, don't care what Cohn says but JReff brings up a good point.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
How is he cold hearted if a deal has been presented to smith. You can't wait forever for someone to sign.

telling the players that they are top priority and drumming them up and not resigning them looks a little cold hearted.

Morgan...
Alex....
Blake....

I understand the bidding war aspect but we could of signed Morgan before FA started. I don't care that he walked but I thought we would of never had the chance to do so.

Doesn't mean that we have to give them anything they want? Its a negotiation. Being a priority doesn't = a blank check.
Originally posted by danimal:
I have always said this. Harbaugh was making a big mistake to be so publicy supportive of Smith. He went above and beyond and that is just not a professional thing to do.

YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT DOORS MAY OPEN UP.

Do not over commit like this.

Though I do understand he felt the need to boost Alex's confidence based on the fact that even his own fan base is fractured

A 28 year old Alex Smith will be comparable in production to a 36 year old Peyton Manning and will cost less than half the price. And if he backslides, why did we just trade picks to move up for Kaepernick. I thought the whole plan with the front office was that they were not trying to capture lightning in a bottle, but were building for a long, sustained run. Overpaying for Manning seems like an act of desperation. He is overrated at this point in his career. There, I said it.
Cohn, achtung Jude!

Originally posted by 1swift:

Morgan...
Alex....
Blake....

Doesn't mean that we have to give them anything they want? Its a negotiation. Being a priority doesn't = a blank check.
But you risk the possibility of looking like a bull s**tter to the team. Yeah we are bringing you back...nope never mind...players will start to doubt the word of the HC and that's how you lose trust.
It' the nature of the beast. The business is cold hearted.
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏ @espn_nfcwest

Question for Tom Condon, who represents both. RT: @CShaw23: @espn_nfcwest What are chances SF misses on Peyton and Smith signs elsewhere?
Originally posted by 190836:
Uncle Lowell expresses his wisdom on Jim Harbaugh!!
http://cohn.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/15251/jim-harbaugh-is-cold-hearted/

Admit it... you are Grant Cohn, right?
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...my goodness. LC is past his prime...and writes ridiculous articles to try and keep his dimming fire alive. That's ok, we know that and don't take him seriously, at least no one should anymore. What I see Harbaugh and Baalke doing is showing some boldness, some risk-taking, if you will and taking a once-in-a-lifetime shot at a future HOF. Things like this were routine during the Walsh/Eddie D days, but have been painfully missing for too long.
Originally posted by 1swift:

Morgan...
Alex....
Blake....

Morgan didn't even get an offer from us. We could have at least done that before FA started.
cohen is a clown. this is a business. and since when did he give a rat's ass about someone's feelings?

dont click his links so he doesnt have a job anymore
lol, what an assclown
Oh man, first he rants that Harbaugh and Baalke are incapable because they did not even consider Peyton, now when they did they are cold hearted, and bad people?

Lowell needs some integrity of his own.