There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Lowell is infinitely better than his son Grant.

Well that´s not really difficult either.

Yeah they both suck ass.
Lots of Grant's annoying blogs are down including his tweets.
Originally posted by 494949:
Lots of Grant's annoying blogs are down including his tweets.
PD =
Originally posted by BSofSF:
A 28 year old Alex Smith will be comparable in production to a 36 year old Peyton Manning and will cost less than half the price. And if he backslides, why did we just trade picks to move up for Kaepernick. I thought the whole plan with the front office was that they were not trying to capture lightning in a bottle, but were building for a long, sustained run. Overpaying for Manning seems like an act of desperation. He is overrated at this point in his career. There, I said it.

I don't think Manning is overated, I mean look how bad the Colts were without him. He is one of those that makes everyone around him better. They had the same WR and all.

While you build long term, you never pass up lightning if it means SB, like Dieon did for us, although that was cheap. Point is SB, a lot of teams chase it forever and have never got it. Give me a SB and I'll take a couple years setback to abysmal as I trust JH and Trent to set us back right again.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I don't think Manning is overated, I mean look how bad the Colts were without him. He is one of those that makes everyone around him better. They had the same WR and all.

While you build long term, you never pass up lightning if it means SB, like Dieon did for us, although that was cheap. Point is SB, a lot of teams chase it forever and have never got it. Give me a SB and I'll take a couple years setback to abysmal as I trust JH and Trent to set us back right again.

Yeah I would bet my life that the Lions would pay ANY amount of money if it meant just 1 superbowl and then 0-16 for half a decade.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Hmm...didn't like the playoffs? Love it when folks are willing to try a totally unknown in place of someone who played well and had the team going to the super bowl until a young ST player gave the game away. And the fact that Smith rose to the occasion in the NO game seems to escape his critics. Do we know how CK will respond to pressure? No. But Smith has been called a "naturally calm" athlete under pressure...an attribute that I rather like in a QB.

The problem with Smith, is that only when he is in desperate need does he function. What I mean is that it seems that, it is when feels more and thinks less. Like Bruce Lee said, "Don't Think! Feeeeeeel, it is like a finger pointing to the moon-b***h slap Alex in the head, don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all its heavenly glory. He over thinks things, in sports you can't do that, it slows your anticipation and reaction.
The problem with Smith, is that only when he is in desperate need does he function. What I mean is that it seems that, it is when feels more and thinks less. Like Bruce Lee said, "Don't Think! Feeeeeeel, it is like a finger pointing to the moon-b***h slap Alex in the head, don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all its heavenly glory. He over thinks things, in sports you can't do that, it slows your anticipation and reaction.

Ah...can't go wrong with quoting Bruce Lee! LOL! Yes, I would like to see him play with more urgency earlier in games but last year that would have been reckless and years before suicidal. He tried to play that way the year he set the record for interceptions (hyperbole)...didn't have the pieces around him. Now he has most everything in place and he just might prove to be an elite QB. I still worry about the line as Staley was over rated last year--lots of miscommunication with Iupati, RG is a huge void, and OC is weak.

If Staley and Iupati just needed more time to work together, then this off season should mend that problem. As for the weak center, that will continue until they replace Goodwin. RG is the key this year as whoever wins the spot needs to help both Goodwin and Davis...which was a big problem last year. Snyder was better at maintaining his responsibility but he still let many DL and LBs through.

Smith will be in his second year with the Harbaugh offense so I expect him to play with more "feel"ing and less intellectualizing. If Moss can return to form he will make a huge difference and the offense could explode. Is it August yet?
Maybe I'm the only one that notices but both Grant and Lowell are Niners fans. Lowell has been talking trash since he got here but I remember seeing him with a huge smile in the press room after big wins in the past. So yes, he is hired to give his opinion, and Lowell is a master at it, but its fair game and when the Cohn's start blabbing their opinions, realize you don't have to read what you don't like. So why do you continue to read their articles? That's right suckers, Cohn owns your ass. Sure he pisses me off too but I take his comments with a grain of salt but always have fun calling him out on his "opinions"... You gotta respect the old man, nobody manipulates the media and fandom the way Lowell does and Grant is starting to get a little bolder as he matures but all in all their opinions aren't much different than some here on the forum. So there you go... Takes one to know one.

Go Niners!!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
So why do you continue to read their articles? You gotta respect the old man

I don't read them and I don't have to respect him.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
So why do you continue to read their articles? You gotta respect the old man

I don't read them and I don't have to respect him.

Nope, you don't... We do live in a free country, don't we?

Originally posted by BayArea:
Yeah I would bet my life that the Lions would pay ANY amount of money if it meant just 1 superbowl and then 0-16 for half a decade.

Well, being Detroit there is a good chance they will get half of that deal, but not the other half!
Originally posted by English:
Well, being Detroit there is a good chance they will get half of that deal, but not the other half!

yeah lol, poor lions will never get to go to a superbowl and certainly never win one.

They are good at having seasons 0-16 so definitely a good shot of them doing that again.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Ah...can't go wrong with quoting Bruce Lee! LOL! Yes, I would like to see him play with more urgency earlier in games but last year that would have been reckless and years before suicidal. He tried to play that way the year he set the record for interceptions (hyperbole)...didn't have the pieces around him. Now he has most everything in place and he just might prove to be an elite QB. I still worry about the line as Staley was over rated last year--lots of miscommunication with Iupati, RG is a huge void, and OC is weak.

If Staley and Iupati just needed more time to work together, then this off season should mend that problem. As for the weak center, that will continue until they replace Goodwin. RG is the key this year as whoever wins the spot needs to help both Goodwin and Davis...which was a big problem last year. Snyder was better at maintaining his responsibility but he still let many DL and LBs through.

Smith will be in his second year with the Harbaugh offense so I expect him to play with more "feel"ing and less intellectualizing. If Moss can return to form he will make a huge difference and the offense could explode. Is it August yet?

I have a feeling Alex will light s**t up this year. He and Crabtree are ready.
He's never had better weapons, the same OC two years in a row, and a head coach that is a "QB whisperer".

With all these weapons, I believe we are going to spread more this year. This will make it much more difficult for D's to run blitz's since they will be giving up man to man coverage on one or more receivers. Alex has already demonstrated last year that he could make D's pay for blitzing.

I agree with Joecool, we will light s**t up this year!

And if we get an early lead, our D will have a much easier time.
Maybe I'm the only one that notices but both Grant and Lowell are Niners fans. Lowell has been talking trash since he got here but I remember seeing him with a huge smile in the press room after big wins in the past. So yes, he is hired to give his opinion, and Lowell is a master at it, but its fair game and when the Cohn's start blabbing their opinions, realize you don't have to read what you don't like. So why do you continue to read their articles? That's right suckers, Cohn owns your ass. Sure he pisses me off too but I take his comments with a grain of salt but always have fun calling him out on his "opinions"... You gotta respect the old man, nobody manipulates the media and fandom the way Lowell does and Grant is starting to get a little bolder as he matures but all in all their opinions aren't much different than some here on the forum. So there you go... Takes one to know one.

Go Niners!!!

We're up to 20 pages on them and going strong. I'd say they're doing their jobs pretty well!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home