There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by 49blitz:
does anyone have a source that grant cohn was barred from covering the niners by the niners PR? just curious to know if this is true

We can hope that its true.

Well, we can hope and we can also make our opinions heard.

Personally, I've already sent a request to Press Democrat asking them to remove both Grant and Lowell Cohn from covering the 49ers.

If they don't, I'm joining the social media protests. I'll also request the 49ers PR to ban them from the facilities.

I figured it was only fair to give the PD a chance to make things right before I start taking action that may effect their other employees.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by 49blitz:
does anyone have a source that grant cohn was barred from covering the niners by the niners PR? just curious to know if this is true

We can hope that its true.
He mentions that he wasn't allowed to speak to the players anymore in his follow up to the "squealed" article.
Is it me or is Anthony Davis a little sensitive? Not really sure why all the hate is coming to the Cohns... someone please enlighten me...??? Oh he said you squealed, give me a break, im sorry youve been coddled your whole life Anthony and told just how awesome you are everyday but mostly everybody here has taken much worse insults from much better men than the sorry Cohns.
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Is it me or is Anthony Davis a little sensitive? Not really sure why all the hate is coming to the Cohns... someone please enlighten me...??? Oh he said you squealed, give me a break, im sorry youve been coddled your whole life Anthony and told just how awesome you are everyday but mostly everybody here has taken much worse insults from much better men than the sorry Cohns.

eh, I don't exactly think the world of AD, but I thought the whole tone of the article was condescending to the players, rather than just the squealing part. I mean he portrayed the entire team as a bunch of little kids trying to get attention from the "cool crowd." It's one thing to note that the players look up to guys like Randy Moss, it's another thing to compare Josh Johnson to a spaniel that follows him around everywhere.

In other news, those articles have all been deleted from the blog, so I guess he got a stern lecture and a grounding.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Meh, honestly I don't give a f**k what Anthony Davis does off the field. I mean... it's just twitter for f**k sake. Davis can be a total p***y b***h off the field as long as he performs well on the field. That includes not getting himself suspended, obviously.

The problem with Grant Cohn is that he's f**king with players on my favorite team. If he even just kept it to twitter, I wouldn't give a f**k. It's the fact that he not only abused his status as an official member of the press to write a "story" about it on an official news website, but then the little s**t was stupid enough to bother a player about a personal issue during practice. There are some players who don't have the self control to deal with that type of harassment. Imagine if Anthony Davis flew into a roid rage and accidentally snapped the twerp in half.

I'd be pissed at Anthony Davis for losing it and not being able to do his job on the field, but I'd also be pissed at Grant Cohn for his role.

Make more sense now?
I agree, Davis is a bit sensitive. But for Cohn to respond in the manner which he did is childish. It seems to me like he is agonizing the 49ers players in order to get their attention .
First, I don't care for a majority of the elder Cohn's articles, however don't you guys realize that there are two types writers, one that writes what the fans thinks and the other writes the devil advocates position. Riles up the fan base into a hate relationship and by commenting, it shows his boss that people are reading the papers for which he writes.

With that said, obviously some are not reading the article. It is much adieu about nothing. Some are misinterpreting what was written. What he said actually on this rare occasion is true. That....

1) JH is being like Walsh cold blooded, it is a business if you can get better you gotta try,after all Alex did not sign the offer that was first given him, so the niner's said alright, then, since Manning was available, lets see if it is something viable, to cover our bases. If they get their man great, if not, at least we are showing that we tried.

2) No matter who you are if the team can get better they will pursue, if you can't can't compete with that then we will find someone who can.

i like to look at it as anthony davis having an attitude rather than being sensitive. i like my tackles to have some attitude
I remember when he said...

"Many people here think I don't want the 49ers to win, on the contrary... It is much more fun when the team you're covering is winning"

Lowell doesn't know what he is, for or against... Only thing that's certain is that he is consistently confrontational and a sensationalist. Old school journalism in dinosaur mode if you ask me.

I do believe he is a fan though, can't be that sensitive if you're not so emotionally invested.
Cohn is smart. He knows Harbaugh is reading up which allows for more "juicy" conversations with Harbaugh during interview time. It worked with Sing where Sing took interviews from Sing talking to the group of reporters to Sing talking to Cohn. Harbaugh has also fallen into that trap at times.

Gotta admit, it works for Cohn and he gets personal time from Harbaugh during group interviews.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Anthony Davis is an immature child. Anyone that follows his tweets know this. He uses foul words, writes in a language that for the life of me I can't understand and makes comments that I'd find embarassing in a 5-year old. That's why he took offense over such a harmless sentence

Now, I have a problem with GC actually engaging in a battle of wits with him. He should have just written his article, reported the fact that Davis got upset and be done with it.

People criticizing Cohn for not breaking any news don't have a clue about what his job is. He, Kawakami and Lowell Cohn are not beat writers. Their job is to give opinions. You may not like them but that's what they're paid to do. You guys want Cohn fired for doing his job? Please. Maiocco and Barrows are beat writers. They have to report the news and keep their personal opinions to a minimum (which they do). Comparing Cohn to Maiocco or Barrows is like comparing a car to a microwave oven.

So I agree with Susweel, AD should get off twitter. He is not smart enough to safely use it.

You sure you're not talking about Anthony DIXON?

Him too.
Grant Cohn's power rankings is so dumb. Can't agree with him at all about the Giants.

2012 NFL Power RankingsPosted on May 14, 2012 by Grant Cohn

1. New York Giants

Key losses: WR Mario Manningham, RB Brandon Jacobs, TE Jake Ballard (microfracture knee surgery).

Key additions: RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, WLB Keith Rivers, TE Martellus Bennett.

Forecast: The champs got better. Wilson is an upgrade over Jacobs, and Randle is an upgrade over Manningham.

2. New England Patriots

Key losses: DE Andre Carter, DE Shaun Ellis, DE Mark Anderson, RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB Kevin Faulk.

Key additions: WR Brandon Lloyd, WR Jabar Gaffney, DE Chandler Jones, LB Dont'a Hightower, DE Jonathan Fanene, S Steve Gregory, CB Alfonzo Dennard.

Forecast: The Patriots upgraded their defense and their wide receivers, and now they're the best team in the AFC by far.

3. Green Bay Packers

Key losses: LT Chad Clifton, S Nick Collins, RB Ryan Grant, QB Matt Flynn.

Key additions: OLB Nick Perry, C Jeff Saturday.

Forecast: Still the best passing offense in the NFL, now the defense has two good pass rushers as Nick Perry teams up with Clay Matthews at outside linebacker.

4. San Francisco 49ers

Key losses: WR Joshua Morgan.

Key additions: WR Randy Moss, WR Mario Manningham, WR A.J. Jenkins, RB LaMichael James, QB Josh Johnson.

Forecast: The best defense in the league and arguably the best roster top-to-bottom too. The offense wasn't good enough on third down or in the red zone last season to reach the Super Bowl. So, the front office added four playmakers whom they hope will improve the Niners third-down and red-zone offense from awful to good enough. But the young and unproven right side of the offensive line (RG Daniel Kilgore and RT Anthony Davis) cannot be the weak link this season – they must mature quickly and hold their own, or else Vernon Davis and Moss and Mannigham will never get the ball. If the offensive line holds up, the level of success of the entire offense will fall squarely on Alex Smith's shoulders. Can he consistently move the chains, especially in the playoffs? If he can, the Niners can win the Super Bowl this season. If he can't, his backup deserves a shot.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM ]
Don't feed the troll JoeCool. He writes crap like that to make people angry and generate comments on his blog.

He then reads the comments and fans the flames even more with his own comments.

Stop feeding the troll and he will disappear
Lowell is infinitely better than his son Grant.
[ Edited by DirtyP on May 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Lowell is infinitely better than his son Grant.

Well that´s not really difficult either.