There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

Does anyone even read senior anymore?

IMO junior sucks but is at least entertaining cause he will try to defend his blog posts, which he doesnt do very well.

What has been interesting to me lately is Grant's die hard followers that defend him... there even worse, and therefore more fun to respond to. Personally I would love all the sarcastic a$$hole posters (i mean that in a good way) to go fill his blog with so much smack talk it that puts MD's draft threads and parkinglot political conversations to shame.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black ...
Him and his son need to get the F out of here.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
The Cohns take things way too personally.

Lowell vs Sing
Lowell vs Harbs
Grant vs AD

No, they don't take things personally, they just look for opportunities to pick fights because they know that puts attention on them and makes people click their articles, which is how they get paid. The only way to stop their "shock jock" idiocy is to ignore them and never click on links to their articles.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
No, they don't take things personally, they just look for opportunities to pick fights because they know that puts attention on them and makes people click their articles, which is how they get paid. The only way to stop their "shock jock" idiocy is to ignore them and never click on links to their articles.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. People will always click the links because of boredom. Lowell is on his way out soon because he has finally posted enough idiotic articles that people stopped reading him altogether. While grant is certainly on his way there, he started out decently before going off the deep end. The only way to stop that is to encourage enough abusive talk under his blog that people constantly have to monitor it for inflammatory comments because of complaints that it becomes too much of a burden to keep the blog up, or at least that's my theory haha
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
The situation makes an interesting case study to see how social media competes and inter mingles with traditional media (blog from a newspaper official website).

The pen is mightier than the sword because it can influence the masses in a unique fashion.

Twitter has taken this power from the news paper industry and handed it to the masses (democratic revolts in the middle east recently were historic in how news breaks)

This beef is funny because Cohn was offended that Davis had his own pen to strike back at an unflattering article. A member of the press upset at first amendment expression is ironic.

The stakes increased when Grant used his position at the PD to continue feuding rather than keep it to his private Twitter account.

This invokes an agency link between this stupid feud and his employer.

Fascinating to watch this train wreck. Can't wait for what happens next
Quoted for 1000% accuracy

I think if Cohn is not removed from the PD he still needs his press pass revoked for a less childish writer who isn't going to hassle the players that don't agree with their opinions at practice. The last thing we need is punk bloggers bothering our team with questions on why they didn't like what they wrote, and deciding its a good idea to throw fuel on the fire and bring the fued to the public's eyes.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on May 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
What a whiny turd muffin. I'd be cold hearted to him too if he came around me with his whining, pansy b***hing attitude. He reminds me of the entire state of New Jersey.

LOL
This whole feud speaks volumes for why Alex Smith doesn't have a twitter account.
Originally posted by susweel:

unfortunately for the SRPD I won't even open a link to them until Jr is gone from the paper.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
RIP COHN
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Quoted for 1000% accuracy

I think if Cohn is not removed from the PD he still needs his press pass revoked for a less childish writer who isn't going to hassle the players that don't agree with their opinions at practice. The last thing we need is punk bloggers bothering our team with questions on why they didn't like what they wrote, and deciding its a good idea to throw fuel on the fire and bring the fued to the public's eyes.

Soooo much this. I really dislike both the cohns, so i refuse to even click there links. But the fact that grant is approaching our players on the practice field and hassling them completely crosses the line. Is there any way he can be barred from the facilities? I'm all for freedom of press, he is free to write his drivel and I'm free to not read it. But If he is interfering with practice and is basically trolling or players, why should he have the privilege of going to practices or being around the facilities. #StopCohn
does anyone have a source that grant cohn was barred from covering the niners by the niners PR? just curious to know if this is true
[ Edited by 49blitz on May 14, 2012 at 9:30 PM ]
Originally posted by 49blitz:
does anyone have a source that grant cohn was barred from covering the niners by the niners PR? just curious to know if this is true

We can hope that its true.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Yes they do.

I am very unhappy that players are being harassed during practice.

Not cool.

The Press Democrat should not be linked on the front page of the 'Zone until they are both either fired or transferred to another department.