LOL
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He was 2 fumbles away from doing that, genius.

No he wasn't. What makes you think he was finally going to lead a scoring drive? He wasn't playing well at all. We could have lost even if we didn't fumble or muff the punt.

we were winning before the first fumble...after that NY took the lead

Originally posted by ninerfan818:

No he wasn't. What makes you think he was finally going to lead a scoring drive? He wasn't playing well at all. We could have lost even if we didn't fumble or muff the punt.

If the first fumble never happened we would have won in regulation dude

ninerfan818 obviously was not at the game like 49erJim was

Jim was on the side lines, in the stands, and in the booth all at once

he also discovered the meatball, electricity, and spider monekys
Don't forget, he was in all of these places but was not actually at the stadium.
Smith has flaws. Easy to understand people's frustration. I personally threw in the towel on him after I went to a road game in San Diego where we got killed and he generated no offense. He's too slow in seeing a play unfold. But the guy clearly turned a corner with Harbaugh last year. He looked MUCH better. I truthfully don't see an old, injured Manning being better. I can't believe someone comes back from a fusion of vertebrae in the neck. He probably doesn't even have a full range of motion with his neck anymore, for God's sake. Blind side hit much? And Peyton, unlike his brother, seems to choke in the high pressure games.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Smith has flaws. Easy to understand people's frustration. I personally threw in the towel on him after I went to a road game in San Diego where we got killed and he generated no offense. He's too slow in seeing a play unfold. But the guy clearly turned a corner with Harbaugh last year. He looked MUCH better. I truthfully don't see an old, injured Manning being better. I can't believe someone comes back from a fusion of vertebrae in the neck. He probably doesn't even have a full range of motion with his neck anymore, for God's sake. Blind side hit much? And Peyton, unlike his brother, seems to choke in the high pressure games.

There's no probably about it. When you have vertebrae fused together, you definitely lose range of motion.

There's no probably about it. When you have vertebrae fused together, you definitely lose range of motion.

I guess his plan for survial is to just dump the ball so quickly he's never touched, but this line gave up 44 sacks and lost the starting right guard. I will grant that Smith causes sacks by holding it too long. We'll say Manning takes 30 sacks for argument's sake. I just can't see how he withstands the punishment of the NFL. I also don't see how he scans the field and sees all his receivers with a bad neck. He will end up demonstrating some of the same limitations Smith suffers from, except he'll be a lot older and a lot less athletic. I feel like these private workouts in gym shorts are like falling in love with a guy at the combine who has a great 40 time or great vertical leap. It's not real football.
Wouldn't a Smith QB'd SB win be so much more enjoyable than a Manning led one?

For me, I know it would be.
Originally posted by mug0mug:

For me its not as much whos QBing for us in the super bowl its more the fact that we are there, and we have security of the QB not getting paralyzed.
Originally posted by mug0mug:

For me as well. If we get Peyton, I want multiple SB's and crazy all time records, because I really believe an Alex led 49ers team can get us at least one championship.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Go ahead and jab away. The 49ers can afford to sign Manning and still sign all the great rookies we will draft, and still get another good WR and a G. And will not break the bank. A qb like Manning only comes around once in a lifetime with a intack Defense like the 49ers have, No Balls No Blue Chips! If you want to put your money with Alex Smith so be it, for me I would try and get Manning. The 49ers have the $$$ and the people to make the $$$ work thats why they pay them the money. Its just a matter of it Manning wants to play for the 49ers thats it. I LOL at reading all of your posts not writing them LOL

Well since we have that "intack defense," no matter who our QB is we will win the Super Bowl!

And I agree man, money doesn't matter at all. I don't know why there's all this talk about contracts, guaranteed money, salary cap, etc. None of it matters, LET'S SIGN EVERYBODY!!!

WE will never win a Superbowl with Alex Smith. With any Defense. Thats why after Alex did not sign the 3 year $24 mil dollar deal Jimmy Har got on the plane and told Alex that hes dead to me. If you think Alex Smith is going to take the 49ers or ANY team to the Superbowl, you are one crazy person.

genius, I was at the game, Alex Smith could not even get a 1st down on 5 trys at the end of the game that would have sent us to the superbowl. He passed the ball on 3 and 5 on the 10 yardline at the end of the game 3 yards and ended up taken a FG instead of a win with a wide open VD in the ez who was having the game of his life. I have had enough of this guy. Let him sign with Seattle for 1 year and $3 mill. YOU R GENIUS!

Tom Brady had the same problem dude. Maybe their defense was just really good. BTW I believe in another thread you said you had never been to a 49ers game? What's up with that?

I'm actually so excited that you remembered that Jim said that, that I actually just high fived my screen lol!

Oh jimmy boy, you will NEVER, EVER live this down...

THIS lol THIS

All you guys quoted crack me up! I'm the one who started messing around teasing 49erJim about being a Raider fan and never having been to a game. You know why? Because he's not only my uncle but one of the biggest niner fans I've ever met. Who by the way is a season ticket holder and takes me to the games. I went with him to the Saints game and he did indeed go to the Giants game! He has nothing to prove to you guys. That's why he can have fun and joke around about never having been to a game. Most guys on this board are newbies compared to him. He used to walk to Kezar stadium people. Trust me, he's messing around with you guys half the time! But nobody was "pwned". That's just laughable.
[ Edited by mustangmele on Mar 18, 2012 at 12:53 AM ]
lulz at people who say that Manning chokes in big games. When's the last time Brady won a Superbowl, 2004? Since then, he's been putting up big numbers but he isn't nearly as clutch as he once was; yet, no one talks about him choking....Take away the defense from Tom Brady starting from 2004, you have a great regular season quarterback who cannot win the big one any more. It's a team game!!!!! Brady benefited greatly on having a great Defense and good special teams play. Again, Tom Brady is one of the best of all-time but maybe the reason why Manning has choked because HE WAS THE TEAM. He carried that team squarely on his shoulders, unlike Brady, who had a very good team all around him. Again, to make my point, you take away Brushi, Seymour, Milloy, etc... from Brady, you have a GREAT individual quarterback who does not win the big one. He's 0-2 in superbowls since 2005.
[ Edited by niners4lyfe on Mar 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM ]

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
lulz at people who say that Manning chokes in big games. When's the last time Brady won a Superbowl, 2004? Since then, he's been putting up big numbers but he isn't nearly as clutch as he once was; yet, no one talks about him choking....Take away the defense from Tom Brady starting from 2004, you have a great regular season quarterback who cannot win the big one any more. It's a team game!!!!! Brady benefited greatly on having a great Defense and good special teams play. Again, Tom Brady is one of the best of all-time but maybe the reason why Manning has choked because HE WAS THE TEAM. He carried that team squarely on his shoulders, unlike Brady, who had a very good team all around him. Again, to make my point, you take away Brushi, Seymour, Milloy, etc... from Brady, you have a GREAT individual quarterback who does not win the big one. He's 0-2 in superbowls since 2005.

People said Brady choked in the last SB.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

People said Brady choked in the last SB.

Brady carried that team, the pats team that made the superbowl this year, had no business being there.
Oh My Gawd....what happened to all of the Loyal Alex supporters!?!?
8th greatest player of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxI7_YemVlE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

They are only fused to force the bone to realign properly. In actuality, he should have more movement now than when they were out of alignment.
Share 49ersWebzone