There are 338 users in the forums

Spencer released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFrush:

As you can tell, I am not happy about the addition of Perrish Cox.
100% classy guy. Good luck Spencer, except against us!!!
Everyone called our bluf on that one. Not a single trade offer.
Rams just got Fraggle Finnegan.....and if they get Spencer, they would have a pretty good duo to for the NFC west, who don't really have too many standout WRs.

I think the Rams or Arizona pick him up to battle for a starting role......I think Seattle is set for starters right now.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

He was acquitted, move on.
should have kept him.

I know, a young, talented cornerback and by all accounts a good locker room presence is so horrible.

The guy isn't the first football player to be accused of rape, there was no physical evidence that he forced her to do anything and she had been getting it on with a chick right before they got it on, all anyone knows is that they had sex, beyond that, he's been found innocent wouldn't be the first potential victim of a woman who wakes up with morning-after regret.

As far as I'm concerned, the guy was a bargain, yeah, he's been a troubled kid, but Anthony Davis was supposedly troubled too...and Brooks was definitely troubled, bad enough that the Bengals kicked him out.....sometimes guys need a stable environment to develop and mature, hopefully that happens with Cox.
much respect to Spence, a true Niner, he held it down through a lot of tough times. Always a bright spot, nothing but best wishes to him.
Originally posted by SFrush:

He was acquitted, move on.

I'm a Lakers fan so he's got my vote
Good. Get rid of him. Dead weight and salary cap space occupier.

Originally posted by danimal:
should have kept him.

I liked spencer, but not at 3 mil as our dime corner.
Spencer exit interview by Matt "Alex Smith" Maiocco

nice interview...

the rest is here
"You went through so many rough years with the 49ers with wins and losses, and the one year things turned around, you were injured and didn't get a chance to contribute much. Did that make last season bittersweet for you?

Spencer: "I was more frustrated because I know the work, year-in and year-out, I put in. I'm not a guy who ever comes into training camp out of shape. I was more saddened that I got injured in training camp. Whatever takes place after that, it's a business.

It was good to see the organization and the guys have success because it's been so bad with all the coaching changes and the turnover and no winning seasons in a long time. It was good to see the guys laughing and smiling and getting to experience that. I'm not the type of person who, if things aren't going well for me, I'm not happy for anyone else. I did have my tough moments in there -- first time ever being inactive, and things like that. But I wouldn't say it was one of my worst years.

The year I tore my ACL (2008) was by far my toughest year as a pro, just going through that and fighting back from that and dealing with the things the media were writing that year with maybe my career was over or my time with the 49ers was over. That was the toughest year of my career when I sustained that injury. Last year had its moments where it was tough for me, but I'll take that and use it as motivation and keep pursuing my career and working on my craft."

Read more: Shawntae Spencer: 'This is a classy city' Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story"
wow. its interesting to see how many people are sad by the release of spencer.
Originally posted by adamcarrillo1:

Mario Manningham is Gonna Be a Niner baby!!

He needs to give Kyle Williams some of his money for the opportunity.
Originally posted by teylo31:
wow. its interesting to see how many people are sad by the release of spencer.

well try to think back.....how often did you remember saying to yourself.... "GOD DAMMINT SPENCER COVER HIM" or MAKE THE TACKLE or whatever.

he was just not a CB that went for picks....but usually covered well, it was rare to see him burnt for a big play. He was just under the radar.

when he came back earlier this year (only real action he got) against the Bengals, he still showed perfect technique to stop a TD in a goal line situation.
Share 49ersWebzone