There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else think Harbaalke is totally down with CK-2012?

Anyone else think Harbaalke is totally down with CK-2012?

Not sure on that I just think that getting this deal done is not easy at all.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
well, it doesn't deserve its own thread just because you had a thought.

threads that are hundreds of pages long with a dozen posts per page aren't navigable. That's why individual threads are useful.

And why is this website format stuck in 1998?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Im sure they are confident that Kaep could play this year if needed but they want Alex back so they can groom Kaep more before they throw him to the Wolves.

Yep. They'd prefer one more year of grooming for Kaep.
Not at all.

I think Baalke/JH will not overspend for anyone. It's the $ - not the player.

They didn't resign Costanzo - who JH loved and praised openly to thhe press. They didn't resign Morgan when we need receivers.

These guys are WAY smart. They'll get Alex at their price. And Kap will learn and be more ready when his time comes.
Originally posted by rdc1:
Harbaugh indicated after the end of the season that he wanted Smith back "for continuity". This indicates to me that having him back would provide the team with a smoother transition, instead of a rushed one. Based upon what is happening I think that the team would prefer to have Alex back at the price they think is correct for him, but are perfectly willing to go in a different direction if he is not willing to sign for that amount.

That would imply that they are willing to go with Kaepernick if Alex does not sign, though I suspect that they would bring in Johnson or someone else to compete with him or at a minimum fill the number 2 spot.

If you're going to turn the reins over, you've gotta give him confidence. You don't want chants for "Johnson" from the Crowd if Kaep is playing poorly.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

threads that are hundreds of pages long with a dozen posts per page aren't navigable. That's why individual threads are useful.

I had a thought about our cap space and i Pmed AB instead of threading about it lol... They are trying to sign smith to a 3 year deal. Smith is happy with the length his agent is figuring out the guarenteed money... they are not going into the season with colin as our #1 and tolzien as our #2 when smith was QB of a 13-3 team. get over it.
The Alex leash is getting shorter and shorter. The more development ck or tolzien show, alex moves a little closer out of the door.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
When has CK showed any inclination he is ready to be better than Alex Smith? I don't think allowing him to throw 5 passes last year indicates he is nipping at Smith's heels for the starting job. Where do you guys come up with these crazy ideas?
Originally posted by rdc1:
Harbaugh indicated after the end of the season that he wanted Smith back "for continuity". This indicates to me that having him back would provide the team with a smoother transition, instead of a rushed one. Based upon what is happening I think that the team would prefer to have Alex back at the price they think is correct for him, but are perfectly willing to go in a different direction if he is not willing to sign for that amount.

That would imply that they are willing to go with Kaepernick if Alex does not sign, though I suspect that they would bring in Johnson or someone else to compete with him or at a minimum fill the number 2 spot.

If you're going to turn the reins over, you've gotta give him confidence. You don't want chants for "Johnson" from the Crowd if Kaep is playing poorly.

lmao....... so should we not have backup QB's if Kaep is our #1 nickbradley??? Your saying dont bring in johnson because the crowd might chant for him if kaep is playing poorley... Ok yeah lets go into the season with only 1 QB to show true confidence and not have any depth at the position...

if you don't like the site, don't post here. believing that you're the only one coming up with these ideas and that you need to have your own pulpit to go on about it is really annoying, clutters up the forum, and leads to unnecessary redundancy in conversation.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
I had a thought about our cap space and i Pmed AB instead of threading about it lol... They are trying to sign smith to a 3 year deal. Smith is happy with the length his agent is figuring out the guarenteed money... they are not going into the season with colin as our #1 and tolzien as our #2 when smith was QB of a 13-3 team. get over it.

1. This thread isn't a cap space question dude.

2. Smith is NOT happy with the contract length

3. I'm not a Smith hater -- I want to ensure our defense stays together long term. And the gap between Smith and Kaep is smaller than people think.
Originally posted by boast:
nickbradley, do you honestly think the FO believes Kap is ready to take over the reigns of a team that was a few plays away from the Super Bowl? really?

According to Footballoutsiders.com, Smith performed 10.4% over average, given the game situations he was in. Andy Dalton was 12.4% over average as a rookie -- what can Kaep do with a better team in his second season???

The FO clearly wants Kaep to take over in 2013 or 2014, hence the short contract offer. So what's the issue?

Seriously, who are you?
if you don't like the site, don't post here. believing that you're the only one coming up with these ideas and that you need to have your own pulpit to go on about it is really annoying, clutters up the forum, and leads to unnecessary redundancy in conversation.

How do you facilitate conversation with a 300-page thread?
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Seriously, who are you?

umm, the 3-year offer vs. a 5 or 6 year offer is all over the press. If they don't like Kaep, they give smith a longer-term deal.

How do you facilitate conversation with a 300-page thread?

the rest of us do it just fine.