There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else think Harbaalke is totally down with CK-2012?

Anyone else think Harbaalke is totally down with CK-2012?

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
it is possible we are waiting to get mike wallace then sign alex contract depending on what wallace gets

when can we talk to RFA? i forgot how long after FA starts is it a week?

you can talk to RFAs at any point. IMHO Wallace is our absolute last resort because of the cost. I bet if we dont sign a WR today the FO will weigh the pros and cons over the weekend and decide if they want to offer Wallace a deal.

I do think that Alex is only waiting due to the guaranteed money issue on his contract but also agree that he could be letting the FO squeeze every cent out of the cap before they sign him. Also the FO is likely weighing whether or not they want to force a pay cut onto Haralson which would potentially free about another 1 or 1.5M.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 16, 2012 at 7:09 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by hofer36:
I cant believe rational people would want to replace a qb who led a team to a 14-4 record for a guy who threw 5 passes ....
thats cuz they hate smith so much they do not care who the quarterback is, just as long as alex is out of town, that is thier agenda,, who cares what it does to the team. why else would they be ok to go with a kid who has thrown five passes or josh johnson? you are preaching to the choir bud

wow you took the credit from the D and Special team and gave it to Alex , Alex had only one game that i would give to him in the playoffs the Saints game the last
4 minutes only the rest is our D and special team. Wow
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
I cant believe rational people would want to replace a qb who led a team to a 14-4 record for a guy who threw 5 passes ....
thats cuz they hate smith so much they do not care who the quarterback is, just as long as alex is out of town, that is thier agenda,, who cares what it does to the team. why else would they be ok to go with a kid who has thrown five passes or josh johnson? you are preaching to the choir bud

wow you took the credit from the D and Special team and gave it to Alex , Alex had only one game that i would give to him in the playoffs the Saints game the last

BuzzB?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
show me where we did this
Originally posted by susweel:
CK starting QB in 2012

Don't wonna say I told you so but.............................................. I told you so.
CK starting QB in 2012

Don't wonna say I told you so but.............................................. I told you so.

Fap for Kaep 2012!

Word on the street is they dont wonna announce the Alex deal yet because they dont want to scare away WRs they are looking at.

lol at my old comments. haha
Originally posted by boast:
nickbradley, do you honestly think the FO believes Kap is ready to take over the reigns of a team that was a few plays away from the Super Bowl? really?

yes
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
absolutely not. practice is one thing. CK has thrown all of what 4 passes in regular season games. there is no way they can assume he is ready to take the next step without any actual playing time.

The front office knows what they have in Smith. And they know his upside is limited. They're wondering if they hit a homerun with Colin.
If they did, there's no reason to keep Alex. Its a quarterback league ladies and gentlemen.

What if one guy would play for 12 million per year and another for 4 million per year and both put up the same mediocre stats.

DING DING DING DING DING
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by boast:
nickbradley, do you honestly think the FO believes Kap is ready to take over the reigns of a team that was a few plays away from the Super Bowl? really?

yes

Well he wasn't ready at the time was he? Just saying... He was no where near ready. They didn't hand him the reigns until week 10

Boast is still correct.
Alex Who? He's an after thought. When we lost the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, Alex was merely a bandaid until the start of the Kaepernick Era. But frankly I was surpried he made the switch as quickly as he did. Didn't see that coming until offseason. But nevertheless, Alex Smith is now in the rear view mirror. He'll have plently of time to redeem himself with another team. Wish him best of luck and I thank him for time and effort. No hard feelings to the guy....it's just his ceiling was too low for this team to advance to the next level. We need a dynamic QB and that's what we have in Kaepernick.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Dec 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM ]
Originally posted by pete98146:
Alex Who? He's an after thought. When we lost the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, Alex was merely a bandaid until the start of the Kaepernick Era. But frankly I was surpried he made the switch as quickly as he did. Didn't see that coming until offseason. But nevertheless, Alex Smith is now in the rear view mirror. He'll have plently of time to redeem himself with another team. Wish him best of luck and I thank him for time and effort. No hard feelings to the guy....it's just his ceiling was too low for this team to advance to the next level. We need a dynamic QB and that's what we have in Kaepernick.

Too bad they now want Kaep to be more of a "game manager" lol.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

It's the classic chicken and egg scenerio, isn't it? Praying the game manager style is NOT Jim Harbaugh. Scoring just enough points to win scares the hell out of me.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

It's the classic chicken and egg scenerio, isn't it? Praying the game manager style is NOT Jim Harbaugh. Scoring just enough points to win scares the hell out of me.

I know