Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
it is possible we are waiting to get mike wallace then sign alex contract depending on what wallace gets
when can we talk to RFA? i forgot how long after FA starts is it a week?
you can talk to RFAs at any point. IMHO Wallace is our absolute last resort because of the cost. I bet if we dont sign a WR today the FO will weigh the pros and cons over the weekend and decide if they want to offer Wallace a deal.
I do think that Alex is only waiting due to the guaranteed money issue on his contract but also agree that he could be letting the FO squeeze every cent out of the cap before they sign him. Also the FO is likely weighing whether or not they want to force a pay cut onto Haralson which would potentially free about another 1 or 1.5M.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 16, 2012 at 7:09 AM ]