There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else think Harbaalke is totally down with CK-2012?

Anyone else think Harbaalke is totally down with CK-2012?

I think the Front Office is willing to go with Colin Kaepernick in 2012 without thinking twice -- but that they'd prefer Alex Smith at a low price.

You load up with weapons at WR, extend Soap, Andy Lee, Tarell Brown, and maybe Justin Smith. You re-work the contracts of VD, Aldon Smith, and Michael Crabtree to free up future-year monies.
its not even been 24 hours
Could be they are just working on others that aren't locks first. This way depending on who they sign and how much they can adjust Alex's 1st year to work the best for us.
I think both points are accurate. They want Alex back at their pricetag or else they'll go with CK and Josh Johnson. I'm fine with this approach.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I think the Front Office is willing to go with Colin Kaepernick in 2012 without thinking twice -- but that they'd prefer Alex Smith at a low price.

You load up with weapons at WR, extend Soap, Andy Lee, Tarell Brown, and maybe Justin Smith. You re-work the contracts of VD, Aldon Smith, and Michael Crabtree to free up future-year monies.

Aldon smith is making terrible money. After his signing bonus he is making like $2M a year so scratch him from that list lol.

4 year $14M including $8M signing bonuses....

They are letting Alex test the market for his worth, if Alex somehow left they would sign Josh Johnson no matter how many people here dont like the idea, its the obvious choice if Alex inexplicably left.
making your threads polls now, eh? sneaky trick!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Could be they are just working on others that aren't locks first. This way depending on who they sign and how much they can adjust Alex's 1st year to work the best for us.

Kinda hard since they already have had an offer in to Smith. for weeks now
i think the OP is making a mountain out of a molehill
nickbradley, do you honestly think the FO believes Kap is ready to take over the reigns of a team that was a few plays away from the Super Bowl? really?
Originally posted by boast:
i think the OP is making threads out of every stray thought

fixed.
Originally posted by sfout:
Aldon smith is making terrible money. After his signing bonus he is making like $2M a year so scratch him from that list lol.

4 year $14M including $8M signing bonuses....

They are letting Alex test the market for his worth, if Alex somehow left they would sign Josh Johnson no matter how many people here dont like the idea, its the obvious choice if Alex inexplicably left.

Aldon has $8.5M in 2013 and 2014 monies that can be moved forward
Originally posted by D_Niner:

I mean maybe they aren't finishing the details... they can rework the contract to adjust to our cap needs for this year depending on who we sign.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 14, 2012 at 8:34 AM ]
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Yes. And Smith wants Fitzpatrick-Kolb money.

Your point?
Originally posted by HessianDud:

No. something is going on.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

No. something is going on.

no it isn't. and there's a bunch of threads where this nothing is being discussed already.