LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Is the front office hating on Shawnte Spencer?? why not release him already?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
this is a good point but I wouldn't mind him having him back.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Yup this definitely needed its own thread since it wasnt being discussed or brought up anywhere else

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/164253-front-office-hating-shawnte-spencer-release-him-already/page2/#post19

Nazi.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Yup this definitely needed its own thread since it wasnt being discussed or brought up anywhere else

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/164253-front-office-hating-shawnte-spencer-release-him-already/page2/#post19

Nazi.

Come at me Bro
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by 9erred:
I also think Perrish Cox is going to be the KR/PR and not be in the starting cb rotation.

we carried 4 active CBs on game day. Spencer was usually inactive so if Cox made the roster it mean that we are going to have 5 active CBs but Cox would play more exclusively on ST.

probably. We kept alll our dbs but Spencer active, Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Brock, Whitner, Goldson, Spillman, Jones, R.Smith and Williams, with Reggie Smith with CB skills.

We could see 10 again active, with the 5th CB this time. Especially if Cox is the return man.

AB how much cap room do we have left now? Especially after we factor in Rogers' re-signing and setting aside money for draft picks?
Spencer is still our 3rd best cornerback. But they don't like him, so he's looking for a trade and I'm guessing being told his value is zero since he hasn't played for a while.
son of a f**k ........... did you really need to create another thread?

[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Mar 14, 2012 at 2:25 PM ]
trade him to the raiders, those chumps are desperate for DB's and you know their squad is mediocre so it will be a solid pick we get in return.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Baalke is Brilliant! He's going to hold onto Spencer until this mad rush to overpay for defensive backs runs its course, and then he'll trade Spencer to one of the losers.

Brilliant.

Keep making threads dude.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skaw23:
Spencer is still our 3rd best cornerback. But they don't like him, so he's looking for a trade and I'm guessing being told his value is zero since he hasn't played for a while.

no team has value for him because FA just started yesterday. Now that the top CBs available to sign are
Richard Marshall
Will Middleton
Tracy Porter
Jason Allen
Aaron Ross

teams will start calling his agent to either say we will trade a conditional 6th or 7th rounder or wait until he is cut to sign him
Spencer is better then everyone of them but Allen so once Allen gets inked we might start seeing something for him. The only thing that Middleton, Porter and Ross have going for them is youth, 26, 26, and 27 are their ages.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Nazi.

Come at me Bro

Originally posted by Youngb:
Might be seeking trades. A 7th rounder is better than nothing.

Theyve allowed him to seek a trade, thats why he hasnt been released. He requested that and if he cant find any takers, he will be relaesed.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for HearstFan.
With Spencer hardly playing a down last year we'd be lucky to get a seventh rounder for him. Maybe we trade him for a back-up player we like on another team's roster instead.
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
trade him to the raiders, those chumps are desperate for DB's and you know their squad is mediocre so it will be a solid pick we get in return.

They already traded away all their picks ..
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Mar 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:

They already traded away all their picks ..

not their seventh rounder.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
shawntae spencer not playing in '11 is so weird

Coaches saw something in Spencer we as fans obviously didn't.
Share 49ersWebzone